Chapter 27

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was working hard to sign on new acts for the company. He tried to poach some of the big names by offering a lucrative contract. Not only was the amount of money huge but the fact that they could expand their music beyond Korea was the most attractive part of it all. He worked hard for the next few months to get everything in place. He would spend sleepless nights to come up with plans and strategies and recoup whatever losses during the take-over. With his charisma and excellent foresight, he was able to bring Sony Entertainment to greater heights just as his boss had wished for. But....  

He was unhappy and his life was vacant. Every night he came back to that huge apartment, he would look at his family photo again... Like a routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzVVr4z70o

 

"Ahboeji.. Omma... I miss her... I really do.. What am I working so hard for if I had no one to share it with...? If I can't even make the woman I love happy? What does this all mean? I rather be poor and happy than be rich like this.... Ahboeji... Why? Just why Ahboeji? Why did I have to fall in love with her??? Omma~~~ I need you in times like this... I need your warmth... I need your hug.. I need you advice... Omma~~~"

The new young C.E.O would cry himself to sleep every night. The Personal Investigator he had hired did not manage to get any news about Shin Hye and her dad's whereabouts. Min Ho knew the take-over had left them living in poverty and that fact did not settle well with him.

Life for Shin Hye was not only harsh because she was living in poverty but people who recognised her as the once popular Shin Hye was more torturous and humiliating for her. 

People would label her as the has-been in the music industry and some who knew her personality (that she tried hard to upkeep due to her insecurities) behind the scenes were saying how she deserved to be living in this manner now.

That night when she came home;

"Appa.. I'm back... Have you eaten?"

Without replying Shin Hye's question, Mr. Park did the opposite; 

"Shin Hye... Have you managed to contact Min Ho?" Mr. Park asked.

"Appa!!! I'm tired of all this! Why are you so worried about him?! Your daughter was mocked at her workplace and you are here asking about the very man that causes her downfall!" Shin Hye vent her anger at her dad without realising.

Mr. Park kept quiet. 

"Appa~~ I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to..."

The sudden outburst from Shin Hye made the father and daughter cry in each other's arms.

"I'm sorry Appa... I really didn't mean to... It has just been tough of late..."

"I'm sorry Shin Hye... I really am... But there's really something important I need to tell him.. Before I breathe my last.."

"Appa! What are you saying all this for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter