Chapter 23

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The single was a hit. It went straight to number 1 and was able to maintain the spot since it's release. That day, Min Ho had called in sick. Shin Hye was sad as Min Ho did not reply to her texts and calls and he did not report to work either for the next few days.

Flashback

As soon as he entered the door to his house he shut it and walked towards his bed with his family photo...

"Ahboeji... Omma.... How.... Just how am I supposed to continue like this? Ahboeji... I am really sorry for falling in love with Park Ji Sung's daughter... But.. She is just as broken as I am... I am really sorry... And to be honest.. I love it when I am able to make her smile... I love it when she's by my side... And I have never felt this way about anyone else at all..... Ever since both you and Omma left me... Ahboeji~~~ Omma~~~"

Min Ho was crying and breaking down... He had never cried that hard in his life. The thought of hurting Shin Hye scared him. He was breaking down like a child. His talk with Seunghyun woke him up, that he would end up hurting her worst than what Seunghyun did. He felt like he was a huge hypocrite. There he was trying to save Shin Hye from getting hurt but the possibility of him giving Shin Hye a greater hurt killed him. 

The next day, he decided to search for answers. He hired a Personal Investigator, on top of his own search that he had been carrying out, to tail Park Ji Sung for clues. All this while he had been relying on his memories, conversations with his dad and his dad's journals. He went to his old house that was abandoned to search for any possible clues but to no avail. He was hoping to get some news from the P.I but so far nothing was amiss from Park Ji Sung's activity. 

End of Flashback

 

When Min Ho finally reported for work, Shin Hye was first to see him in the office. She was relieved to see him.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Where have you been?"

"Been sick."

"Did you see the doctor?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you reply to my texts and calls?"

"I was really sick."

"And I was of no use to you?"

"I'm sorry."

Shin Hye walked towards him and gave him a hug when Min Ho apologised.

"Please don't do that again." Shin Hye said.

"Sorry."

Min Ho behaved and react as per normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. He wasn't cold towards Shin Hye and managed to carry out his day-to-day activities and work as her manager. He even managed to clinch some pending magazine features and endorsement deals for Shin Hye. They were kept busy for the next 6 months until the release of her singles.

6 months later....

It was finally the day of Shin Hye's comeback performance. The moment had come for her to show to the public the new side of her.  

They were at the waiting room of the broadcast station waiting for their turn to perform. Shin Hye was considered a sunbae among the line up for that day's act and was slotted to be the last performance of the day. 

"Babe, all the best!" 

"Thank you."

No one suspected the relationship between Shin Hye and Min Ho as he was known as her manager and they were mindful about PDA when they were out and about. 

Finally it was Shin Hye's turn to take the stage. She was to perform 2 of her singles one after another. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ6xU7SSEn4

Her performance awed the audience that were present to watch her live. However, after it was over, the netizens in general had mixed reviews.

Comment 1: OMG~~ What has she become? A b*tch?

Comment 2: Why is she gyrating like that?

Comment 3: How can she call herself an idol? 

Comment 4: What happened to her innocent image? Does she not care what her fans think?

Comment 5: Finally she has become a full blown artist.

Comment 6: She has grown up... Can't expect her to remain innocent all her life!

Comment 7: She's reinventing herself.. As a fan I'm glad... 

Comment 8: A breath of fresh air.. Finally the Queen is back!

Comment 9: If you're a true fan you'll support her as long as she does not go Britney-Miley crazy...

Her performance went viral and got the attention of international media. She slowly gained international popularity and even her English duet single got the attention.

 

*Ring*

"Hello? Min Ho?"

"Yes, this is him speaking."

"How are you? I heard the artist you are managing now is gaining lots of media attention over here in the U.S."

"Park Shin Hye? Yes."

"Yes that's right. I saw her performance.. It was great. Do you think by any chance... We could work togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter