Chapter 28

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho was standing at the doorsteps of the rented house. He felt like his heartbeat was bouncing up and down like a trapped gerbil. He was more nervous than he had expected.

*knock knock* 

"Ahboenim..~~"

Mr. Park who was in the house recognised the voice. 

"Min Ho ya~~ Is that you?"

"Neh.. Ahboenim.." 

"Flower pot..." Mr. Park replied.

"Neh?"

Min Ho instinctively looked under the flower pot. Placed under the flower pot was the key to the house. It carved a smile on Min Ho's face. 

Shin Hye ya~~~ This is really cute of you... But you have no idea how dangerous it is isn't it? - Min Ho's thoughts.

He took the key and unlocked the door. He saw Mr. Park who was on his wheelchair. Mr. Park had become wheelchair bound since that incident causing Min Ho to be teary-eyed.

"Ahboenim. Joseonghaeyo~~ Jeongmal Joseonghaeyo." Min Ho said asking for forgiveness.

The reply that Mr. Park gave him after he seek for forgiveness came as a surprise for Min Ho.

"It's not your fault.. Min Ho.."

The phrase it's not your fault played in Min Ho's mind for a while.

"Have you eaten, son?" Mr. Park asked him.

"Yes I have.. Have you?"

"About to.." As Mr. Park pointed to the thermos flask on the small table nearby.

"Shin Hye made this before she left for work.."

"Shin Hye cooks?" Min Ho asked.

"Yes.. Haha... At first it tasted horrible... But she got better after some time.." Mr. Park said teasing his own daughter cooking skills.

"Now she can even clean and do household chores... She're ready for marriage. But her temper is still bad... I think that scares men away..." Mr. Park continued with the teasing.

The two men laughed at the common person they both love. Park Shin Hye.

"I'm still here Ahboenim... She haven't scare me away... I think it's the opposite."

 

Min Ho uncapped the flask and scoop its content with a spoon to feed Mr. Park.

"I can do it on my own Min Ho." Mr. Park told him.

Min Ho tears streamed down his face as he said, "Allow me.."

Mr. Park did not resist and Min Ho began to feed him. Min Ho recalled the days when he was feeding his own father with small hands. His father on his death bed, still angry and resented the very man that he is feeding at this very moment.

"Thank you Min Ho for visiting me. I've been asking Shin Hye to contact you to meet up..."

"I guess she didn't since I did not receive any call..."

Mr. Park smiled, "I thought so to, I guess she's still upset about what happened."

"I'm sorry I've hurt her..."

"I know you are sorry... If you're not sorry... You won't even bother to visit me..."

"What do you mean?"

Min Ho thought that the shock from the previous phrase was the biggest shock of the day... Until....

 

"Lee Hyun Jin.... Please forgive this uncle of yours..."

Min Ho eyes widened and was taken aback.

"Huh? How do you know?"

Mr. Park smiled.

"When Min Woo came back... When you left for the U.S with Shin Hye..."

"Huh? Min Woo?"

"Yes... I told you before that he was my elder brother's son right?"

"Yes..."

"But what I didn't tell you was my elder brother was my twin brother..."

"Twin brother???"

"Yes... My twin.. My identical twin..."

"So.... " Min Ho was unsure what to say..

"He had a role in that take-over last time...."

"Take-over?"

"The one that caused your family to be cut out..."

Min Ho got choked on his emotion at this point of time. 

Mr. Park began to speak...

"Your dad and I were really the best of friends... He was smart and a cool guy when he was younger.. And handsome too... Many girls fell for him... But he chose your mum... a quiet girl who knew nothing but books and came from a well to do family. Totally the opposite of him. So he was determined to carve out his career and be successful enough to be able to marry your mum. So one day we decided to start NozStar. Everything went well. We were the perfect duo and taking over the industry by storm until we were hit by the financial crisis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter