Chapter 19

Bitter Aftertaste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Friday morning, Shin Hye had a photoshoot for a magazine. The concept for the magazine this time round was tough and rugged girl.

   

Now it had become the habit of Min Ho's to have a favourite picture of Shin Hye's during photoshoots. This time his favourites were....

  

He thought that Shin Hye looked fabulous in these two photos. Though she was looking away in both photos, her overall outlook drove the theme on point. He even had her photo as a wallpaper on his phone.

You are indeed beautiful... But why must you be Park Ji Sung's daughter? Sigh.... - Min Ho's thoughts.

He didn't realise that Shin Hye was walking towards him. When Shin Hye called him out,

"BOO! What are you looking at? Smiling all by yourself?" Shin Hye scare him.

"OMG! I almost had a heart attack..."

"Hahahaha. What are you looking at? Sooo engrossed?"

"Nothing."

"Lemme see!" 

It did not help Shin Hye when Min Ho is taller than her. Just by lifting his arms up, the phone became out of reach for her. 

"Cheat!"

"Nope.. It's not cheating if it's something I'm born with."

Shin Hye pouts.

The photoshoot was almost over when Shin Hye said;

"We still have sometime before the dinner... Do you wanna bail?"

"Bail? No... Definitely no.... I wanna meet my prospective father-in-law..."

"Mwo?!"

"You like the sound of that?"

"No..."

"Wae?"

"You're a dangerous man remember?"

"Am not."

"You are...! *Shin Hye stuck out her tongue*" 

Min Ho ended up chasing her round the location. Anyone who saw the scene would have assumed that they are a couple or the best of buddies based on their interactions.

When Shin Hye was back to taking photos, Seul Gi and Andy approached Min Ho...

"Min Ho ya~~~ You've fallen for her uh?" Andy asked.

"I think so..."

"Think? It's obvious..." Seul Gi said.

Min Ho smiled.

"There you go again with that silly smile since Jeju." Andy commented.

"But Hyung... Noona.. Please keep it a secret from the rest at work... Okay?"

"Okok.. Because you're a nice donsaeng.. And because of you.. Shin Hye has been nicer to us too... We'll keep this a secret..." Both of them agreed to help. 

"Komawo... Really really thank you...."

Shin Hye was finally done with her photoshoot. They had about 3 hours left before dinner. Journey back home would take about an hour and they have 2 hours to spare.

"Shin Hye ya, lets go..."

"Where to?"

"Get some wine to bring over for dinner... Maybe some fruits too..."

"How about some tteokbeoki and carp bread...?" Shin Hye .

"Hahaha.. That's more like its for yourself than for you dad!"

Shin Hye gave out a hearty laugh. Covering her face from the embarrassment of getting caught.

How cute... - Min Ho's thoughts.

Even though Min Ho had set out to seek revenge on Park Ji Sung, he was clear in his mind that he needs to set a good impression... because he does like Shin Hye. He meant to meet Park Ji Sung today as Shin Hye's father instead of Park Ji Sung the betrayer. It's a huge dilemma for him. But deep in his heart he felt that Shin Hye is worth the trouble and dilemma. Even though it wasn't love at first sight, and it started out as a pure case of sympathy, she grew on him and he found her to be endearing.

Min Ho excused himself from the loc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter