Sixteen

Lost

sixteen


Seul Bi,

 

              This is your father, my princess. I know you'll panic once you receive this letter, if you're thinking I will come and get you back then the answer is a no. Finding you is not an easy task, I had to search first at our province before moving to other places, I'm sorry. I know where you are living, and who you are living with, I am very thankful to that gentleman who welcomed you to his house even though you're a stranger. I am happy to see you happy, I know you're enjoying the freedom you finally got. I know where you study and who your friends are. They seem a very nice people, even though I'm jealous because all of them are boys. I also know you're hiding a name, Kim Myungsoo-ssi managed to fake your birth certificate and etc. I am so thankful when I found you safe and sound. Your mom is still finding you, she hired professional detectives just to find you, but don't worry princess, I managed to pull them off. You know your mother's situation, she's having her check ups and therapy. She's gotten worse though, ever since you left. I feel so bad whenever I see her crying every now and then. Take care of yourself okay? Whenever you need me you can just call me here XXX-XXXX-XXX. When it gets better I hope you allow me to come and see you, if my daughter is happy so I am. I've always wanted to give you the freedom that you want. Thank you for being safe, sorry if I am not the good father. Just believe. It will get better. I love you princess.

 

Love,

Appa

 

 

 

                       Seul Bi covered as she finishes reading the letter. Tears started to form in her eyes. It's tuesday morning and she was preparing for school. When Myungsoo suddenly knocked on her door and gave her something.

                       "Hey, ugh, someone left this to the guard" Myungsoo scratched the back of his neck. Seul Bi looked at the white envelope. She gently held it and read the writings at the envelope.

                        To my princess.

                        Seul Bi stared at it for a moment not noticing how Myungsoo looked at her blank face. His brows furrowed because it's his first time seeing this expression of her. All he can say it that he doesn't like it. Seul Bi's eyes remained on the piece of envelope in her hands, she gripped on her skirt. "I-I'll be down for a minute" Seul Bi said and slammed the door closed. Myungsoo blinked at the sudden impact and the nervousness in her voice.

 

                        Seul Bi bit back a sob and the tears finally dropped from both her eyes. She removed her fake eye glasses and wiped her tears but they just continue to flow. Seul Bi covered her face and continue to sob. Her dad, her dad just wrote her a letter. He knows where he is, he cares, he loves her. He said he wanted to give her the freedom that she wants, she felt relieved, she felt so happy, so happy that she knows that her dad is supporting the decision that she made. She hugged the letter at her chest.

                        "I love you too, dad" she whispered.

 

                         Myungsoo stood beside Seul Bi's room leaning his back at the wall. He had his arms crossed. He heard every sob Seul Bi made, what is that letter? Why in the hell she needs to cry? Myungsoo leaned his head and looked up still hearing her cry. He sighed. He knocked on her door and said "If you don't hurry up I'll leave you".

 

                        Myungsoo noticed that her sobs immediately stopped he guess she's already cleaning up. After a minute Seul Bi went out from her room and she looked down. "L-Let's go" Myungsoo leaned in and looked at her face. Seul Bi's face immediately blushed at the sudden closeness. "Wh-What?". Myungsoo leaned back and put his hands on the pockets of his pants. He stared at her face, her eyes were obviously red because of the crying even though she wears an eyeglasses he can still notice it, he also feels the gloomy aura she's been releasing.

 

                         "Do you want to go somewhere?" Myungsoo asked.

                          Seul Bi looked at him in question. "Somewhere what? Uhmmm, school?" then she blinked.

 

                          "This is a once in a lifetime chances, I am offering you a trip, my time and my handsome face" Myungsoo rolled his eyes. She still looked at him still stoned. "A trip? Like a trip, field trip? Or an adventure? But why? We have school, and you never skip school!" She asked still wondering why Myungsoo said that. Myungsoo blinked. Yes, he never skip school, but why did he decided with no hesitation to skip with her? Because he knows she's sad? What?

 

                            "You don't want? Then fine" Myungsoo started walking downstairs.

                            "What? NO! I mean, yes I want!"

                             Myungsoo acted like he doesn't hear anything and continued walking downstairs.

 

                             "ZOO! I WANT TO GO TO ZOO!" Myungsoo stopped walking at her scream. He almost smiled because of her kid-like voice.

 

                              "Change in to something comfortable clothes, in five minutes"

                              "Roger that!" Seul Bi ran towards her room and closed the door and randomly picked a white polo shirt and shorts that reached before her knee. She quickly changed and grabbed the first shoe that she saw which is the red converse. She placed her bag at her bed and quickly go out. She jogged downstairs as quickly as possible because of excitement.

                               Myungsoo's eyes widen a bit at her speed.

                               "Can you slow down, please?!" Myungsoo glared at her. Seul Bi saw Myungsoo leaning at the sofa wearing black poloshirt and white khaki shorts paired with his top-sider. Ugh, gorgeous as ever. Once Seul Bi reached him, she noticed his clothes.

                               "Wait, you're also wearing a polo shirt!" Seul Bi exclaimed.

                                Myungsoo sighed in annoyance when he noticed they are wearing the same thing, the only thing that's different is the color. Black and white. Like a couple, how great. Myungsoo thought.

 

 

                                Myungsoo can notice how excited Seul Bi is but there are times where she just stare at the car window, deep in thought. Myungsoo continued to drive. However, Seul Bi's mind is all about her dad. Seul Bi sighed in depression.

 

 

 

                                "Woooooww!!" Seul Bi said in awe as she eyed the entrance, like a kid. At heart. Seoul Grand Park. "This is amazing!" Seul Bi said and ran inside. Myungsoo followed her with a blank face. Myungsoo paid 4,000 won for Zoo fee. Seul Bi's beside him babbling all about the animals she wanted to see. Seoul Grand Park consists of themed areas for education, nature, and amusement. The park is known for its various amusement facilities and scenic beauty. Seoul Zoo is home to over 2,975 animals belonging to about 348 species from all over the world. (credits to http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264199).

(credits to google images)

 

                                  "Yah, careful" Myungsoo said as Seul Bi ran all over the park looking at every animal she can see.

 

                                   "Is that an Elephant?!" Seul Bi said and walked towards there. Myungsoo was just behind her back following her wherever she goes. Myungsoo just followed her as she looks to every animal she can see. She's smiling and laughing while talking to them.

 

                                    Myungsoo grabbed her wrist, Seul Bi looked at him. "Wh-what?" Myungsoo pointed at the entrance of the aquarium. Seul Bi's eyes widen at the place. "There's actually a big aquarium?! That's very big!" Seul Bi eyed the aquarium in awe. She tugged on Myungsoo's sleeve and pulled him. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and let him grab him.

 

                                    Seul Bi and Myungsoo are walking side by side while looking around. "Thanks, Myungsoo" she mumbled.

                                    Myungsoo looked at her in question. "You know, for bringing me here, it cheers me up, I know you want to cheer me up" Seul Bi said and smiled. Myungsoo was taken aback with her statement. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand. "Are you dumb? Crazy? I don't know what you're saying".

                                    Seul Bi laughed at his reaction. "You're shy!"

                                    Myungsoo glared at her. "No I'm not"

                                    Seul Bi laughed once more. "Whatever floats your boat Myungsoo"

 

                                    "So what's that letter?" Myungsoo asked.

                                    Seul Bi's smiling face slowly faded at the mention of the letter. "My dad found me" she mumbled. Myungsoo looked at her in slight shock. "What?"

                                    "He told me he knows where I am and who am I with"

                                    "He also told me that I can contact him anytime" Seul Bi smiled sadly.

                                     "Do you need to go back?" Myungsoo asked.

                                      Seul Bi shook her head. "Dad said he's fine with it, he's happy I found freedom"

                                      Myungsoo nodded. "Atleast you found your own freedom, I envy you" he whispered the last sentence. Seul Bi sighed again and looked around the aquarium. Myungsoo unknowingly ruffled her hair making Seul Bi look at him. "That's good news, atleast he's supporting you" Myungsoo said in a blank face still holding the top of her head. Seul Bi looked at him in wide eye. "Th-thank you" she smiled at him. He stared at her smile and he doesn't know why he returned the smile Seul Bi is giving him. That's when Seul Bi took a step back.

                                     "You smiled!" Seul Bi pointed at him in shock. He just rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

                                     They finally went back home, after looking around the zoo, they eated at the near restaurant and quickly went home. Seul Bi's still babbling about elephants and tigers while walking towards the entranced door.

 

                                      "Do you think we can pet a lion? I really want to"

                                      "Are you crazy?" Myungsoo asked as he pushed the keys at the door knob. Seul Bi laughed. "I guess it's a no"

                                       "Then how about ele---"

 

                                        "So you skipped school with this woman?" they heard a stern voice. Myungsoo halted and slowly looked up. Seul Bi blinked and looked at the woman in front of them.

 

                                         "Eo-eomma" Myungsoo muttered.


A/N: Whaaa! Hello there! Can I have request? Please please please comment what you think!! Don't be a silent reader pleaaaaase :) I love you all!