Fourteen

Lost

fourteen


Seul Bi's POV

                  I didn't expect that our homeroom teacher will give a bunch of homeworks today. Like what? All he did was mutter words that I can't even hear and take note! I'm at the front seat! I was really happy to finally attend to a real school. When I say real, like really real. I reached this age knowing nothing outside this world. If I knew how amazing Korea will be, I could have escaped earlier. You know, it just never crossed my mind to leave them before. I just woke up one day with questions in my mind, like what happened to my sister? What is like outside? Do kangaroos really hop? What kind of food I haven't eaten yet? How does it feel like walking outside while it is snowing? What is school? What is friends? What does it feel like? I just realize I'm not being protected, I am being imprisoned. Imprisoned by my own parents. Well, back to my work, all of these schoolworks were not that difficult. When I was homeschooled, I guess I was pretty thought well. I'm just stressed because there are SO SO many schoolworks, but then, I don't find it annoying, I rather find it funny. It's just so funny that I'm so excited to do all of these, I may be weird because my classmates hates studying. I just find it exciting and challenging. Imagine, this is my first time! First time to attend to school, and all of that is thanks to Myungsoo.

 

                  I finished the last paragraph that I am writing for my Literature subject, I stretched my arms so wide because it felt so numb. I smiled while lay my head at the table. Everything felt so right and good. I was surprised when I saw a mug of hot chocolate in front of me. I blinked. I looked up and saw Myungsoo looking down at me. I immediately jolted up.

                  "You're here!" I exclaimed.

                   "Isn't that obvious?" he said with a straight face as he sat down and crossed his arms.

                   "What were you doing?"

                   "I just finished loads of homeworks"

                   "Ahh"

                 I picked up the mug and slowly dranked it. As soon as it reached my taste buds I smiled. It's delicious! I looked at Myungsoo and gave him a thumbs up. I stared at him for a while. I don't understand it, but why does he have to be this good looking? Maybe when heaven rained the so called handsomeness he was wide awake and took them all. I stopped my eyes at his eyes. They are so beautiful yet scary. You know when he's glaring at you, you might pee in your pants, yea just like now. He's glaring at me.

                  "Are you in a CF or what? You look like you're endorsing a hot chocolate"

                  I laughed at him.

                 "You got me there Myung, that's funny!"

                  "It' s not even a joke"

                  Just when I was about to open my mouth to say something, his phone rang. He picked up his phone and looked at the caller ID. His brows automatically furrowed as soon as his eyes landed at the name.

                  "Who--?" I asked expectantly.

                  He placed the phone near his right ear. I guess he answered it.

                 "What?"

                  I stared at him as he talked through the phone. Wow that thing called hand phone is amazing. I just want to play with it all day, it's so slim and very pretty. It's so amazing how a slide it and something appears. Once, I borrowed it to Myungsoo because it looks interesting. I hate myself for being too outdated. Well I guess that's what you get when got locked up for how many years.

 

                 "Let's eat outside, hyung--"

                 "Let me talk to Myung---WAIT GIVE ME THE PHONE!"

                 "La la la hyung! Sungjong speaking, can we eat please?---WOOHYUN YOU'RE HURTING ME!"

                  "Look at this little brat, you forgot something, the 'HYUNG'!!!!"

                  "Kids, stop fighting, let me talk to hi--Sungyeol what are you doing?"

                   "What? I just kicked it"

                   "Anyway, this is Howon, they just want to eat with you"

                   "I'm hanging this thing up no--"

                    "Bring Eun Hee!!! YOU MUST BRING HER!!!!-----" then the call ended.

                 Myungsoo's just pokerfaced all this time. He looked at me and we held gazes. I'm sure the boy called, they are so noisy as always. They're very funny especially Woohyun. Golly!!! I forgot about Sungyeol. He knows my true name. Wait what? Did they say we're going out? Like really really?! They want me to come?! I immediately smiled at the thought.

                    "Are we going----" my question stopped when Myungsoo's hand stopped in front of my face, stopping me from talking.

                    "Don't say a word, go up and change, wear your eyeglasses" He stood up and put his hands inside the pockets of his shorts.

                    "Wh--"

                    "Hana... Dul.--"

                    With that I quickly ran upstairs to change some clothes.

 

 

            

 

                  I changed in to grey hoodie and black shorts that reached above my knees and a pair of sneakers Myungsoo picked for me. I don't know what the name of brand is but there's a white check on it. I followed Myungsoo out. Myungsoo locked the main door and faced me. He lifted the hood of my top and covered it in my head. He patted my head and walked ahead. I followed him to his car and sat beside the driver's seat.

                 "Where are we going?"

                 He didn't answered me as he started driving.

 

 

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

                "Eun Hee-ah!!!" Woohyun spread his arms so wide and I smiled at him and walked towards him. I high-fived both of his hands.

                "High-five!!" I said and laughed.

                "Look! Look! Woohyun is rejected!!" Sungjong laughed while pointing at us. What rejected? Who rejected who? Why reject?

 

                "I told you, you forgot the 'HYUNG!'" Woohyun growled. I laughed and looked at them. My eyes landed at Sungyeol and we held gazes. My eyes widened at the sudden eye contact! I cannot hide from him forever right? So I just smiled at him.

                "Where are we going at this late hour?" I asked.

                "We're going to pig out!"

 

                 Pig out?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

            We stopped at a certain restaurant and all of us went inside. I'm walking beside Sungjong and Sungyeol, occassionally talking to Sungjong and laughing with him. Because of the age difference I can say that Sungjong is the one who I can really get along. The waiter lead us to the table for eight persons. Then again, I am between Sungjong ang Sungyeol. The waiter gave us the menu and all of them started picking what they want to eat. While I just sit here, like a potato waiting for nothing. I know nothing at the foods here.

           "You're not gonna choose?" I heard Sungyeol asked me.

            "I really don't know what I want to eat, as long as it is food" I said.

            "You want me to choose for you?" He asked me.

            "You can?" I said and I swear my eyes twinkled at the moment.

             Sungyeol laughed before answering. "Of course, wait hmmmm, do you like this?"

             I leaned over him and looked at what he is pointing at. It's beef something something but the picture looks so delicious. I nodded and scanned the book for more. My eyes widened at the dessert menu.

             "They have ice cream?!"

             "Uh.. yes?"

             I smiled and nodded at him while pointing at the photo.

             "I also want this!"

 

              "I said I want this!" Sungjong said while playing tug of menu (lol) with Woohyun.

              "Let me pick what food I want!!!" Woohyun said and pulled harder. Sungyeol threw the menu at Woohyun's face. Woohyun winced at it and glared at Sungyeol.

              "What the hell?"

              "Stop being childish at pick up what you want" Sungyeol laughed at him. I winced when someone kicked my foot and I noticed it was Woohyun. Then he kicked me again. I winced again.

              "Yah stop kicking me!"

               Woohyun's eyes widen at me. "I thought it was Yeol! I'm sorry!"

               I just laughed at them when he said that.

               Myungsoo slapped Woohyun's head. "Hurry up and choose already!"

               "Why are you all so mean to me?" Woohyun said and pouted.

 

                While eating I can't help but smile because of the taste of the food. It is so DELICIOUS. Like. DELICIOUS! After finishing my food my eyes twinkled at the ice cream in front of me. The whole squad is so noisy except for, well, Myungsoo.

                "You really love Ice cream, don't you?" I was surprised when Sungyeol talked to me again.

                 I just nodded and started to dig in.

                 "Do you remember me?" I stopped eating when the question sinked in.

                  "R..remember what?"

                  He leaned in and took a closer look at me.

                  "I'm right you're her!" he leaned in to whisper at me.

                  "You're Seul Bi" my eyes widen at him.

                   He leaned back and smiled at me. Aaaaand yup, he remembers me.

 

 

 

 

 

                  As soon as we parted ways, Myungsoo and I walked towards the parking lot. My mind was kind of mindblown when I remember what Sungyeol said to me.

                  "Can you keep my name a secret?"

                   "Why"

                   "Can I not tell the reason why?"

                   "Why can't you tell the reason why you need to hide it?"

                    "Can we not talk about it here?" I said and looked at him while smiling slyly.

                    "Okay.. but one condition"

                     Wait what condition?

                     "You need to treat me an ice cream"

 

 

                    Well, nothing weird yada yada. But where will I get a money? I'm just glad I can talk to him without feeling awkward.

 

                   "What happened?" I heard Myungsoo asked.

                    I sighed as I went inside his car.

                    "You remember the man who treated me an ice cream?"

                    Myungsoo started the engine and looked at me. "What about him? Wait, seatbelt" I nodded and put on my seatbelt

                    "He's Sungyeol"

                     Myungsoo halted and looked at me again. "What?"

                     "Yeah! I'm glad he's one of your friends!"

                     Myungsoo just nodded and started to drive. "Hey can I turn on the radio?"

                     "Nope"

                     "Can I?"

                      "I said no"

                       I stubbornly opened the radio and leaned on the window as I closed my eyes. Myungsoo sighed. "yea you always win" I smiled at what he said. "I'm going to sleep, ssh" I heard him scoff and I don't know I felt that he looked at me. I'm so weird. That's when I finally dozed off.


A/N: I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE! I KNOW I KNOW IM SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON! :( I hope you can bare with me. Oh, and also bare with the typo and grammatical errors :(