Ten

Lost

ten


After dinner, Seul Bi finished unpacking her new clothes to her wardrobe. She sleeps at the guest room beside Myungsoo’s room. Seul Bi sighed in exhaustion and lay down with a bounce. She closed her eyes and started to reminisce the memories earlier with Myungsoo. This Sunday is a very long day for them.

 

 

She heard a knock and voice from outside.

 

“Ya, be quick!” Myungsoo said.

 

Seul Bi suddenly opened her eyes in realization. She quickly grabbed the towel and went inside the bathroom to shower.

 

After showering, Seul Bi wore her plain white t-shirt and a blue pajama printed with bears. She lets the towel hang around her neck while going downstairs. She saw Myungsoo sitting at the couch with a Lay’s in his hand and watching the TV.

 

She sit down beside him and quickly grabbed the Lay’s and eat it. Myungsoo turned the TV off and gestured Seul Bi to sit on the ground.

 

She gave him a weird look but then saw that a white comforter was prepared on the floor. She beamed like a child and jumped there.

 

 

Myungsoo kicked her legs.  “Ya, sit!” he commanded.

 

Myungsoo crossed his arms and looked at her seriously. “Mind to tell something?”

Seul Bi gulped and slowly nodded.

 

 

 

 

I still remember every bit of my childhood. When I was four years old, I remember I had a twin sister. Same faces, and our attitude was almost the same.

I still remember us playing in our garden, smiling and laughing. Then one day, I woke up staring at my parents while they are crying. Hugging my teddy bear I walked in front of them.

 

“Umma, where’s unni?”

 

She stared at me for a few seconds and walked away.

 

Days, weeks, and years passed by. My sister died. They locked me up in my room after that incident. Inside that four sided room. I was home-schooled. My mom gets weirder and weirder every day.

 

She starts calling me Haneul which is my sister’s name. I find it creepy cause I know and I feel it, she’s getting crazy. She doesn’t want me outside. Dad always look at me with a pitiful look on his face. I really don’t know what they are hiding from me.

 

Why did my sister died?

Who killed here?

Why?

How?

When?

 

These are just a couple of question inside my head while I’m still locked up inside that room. I can’t imagine I lived there for 16 years.

 

 

 

 

Seul Bi sighed and looked at Myungsoo, waiting for his reaction. Myungsoo was staring at her as she finished talking. After a few seconds of staring, Myungsoo decided to break the silence.

“Stop frowning, it doesn’t suit you” Myungsoo said.

 

Myungsoo then nodded at patted her head. She blinked. After all the talk she said that’s his reaction? Myungsoo stood up and went upstairs quickly to get something.

He threw the thing to your side and you quickly caught it. “What’s this?”

 

“Wear it”

She blinked and stared at the big eyeglasses in front of her. She hesitantly wears it and looked at him.  Myungsoo held his chin while scanning your look. He nodded as if he’s contented with your look.

 

 

“You want to go to schooling?” He asked.

 Her eyes went very wide with his question. hang open still staring at his face. “W-what?”

“Don’t make me repeat myself”

 

“Like really really really really?!” She beamed at him almost jumping at him. Myungsoo pushed her forehead using his index finger and glared at her.

“Lower your voice I’m not deaf!”

“You need to wake up early tomorrow or else I will leave you, arasso?”

She nodded her head like a child. Myungsoo was about to go back to his room to sleep already when suddenly thunder roared. Myungsoo’s shoulder became stiff and he stopped on his tracks.

 

“Oh, the news is correct” she mumbled.

“Myungsoo-ya, there’s a storm right? It rained hard earlier and now there are thunders” she said. Suddenly the light flickered for a moment and they saw a lightning from the outside followed by a thunder.

 

 

Seul Bi knew there’s a storm and it will leave the city after midnight.

 

“Goodnight, Myungsoo-yah!” Seul Bi took a step forward when all the lights went out.

“Omo?” she mumbled. “Black out?”

 

She turned to her right and then.

“OMO YAH!” she clutched on her chest and looked at Myungsoo with wide eye. “You surprised me! Wae gurae?” she asked and composed herself.

 

Another lightning struck in followed by a thunder. What’s even weirder is when he saw Myungsoo covered both of his ears. Seul Bi looked at him with suspicious eyes. Myungsoo leaned more to Seul Bi while looking everywhere, panicking.

 

“Don’t tell me..”

Seul Bi slowly touched his shoulder, her eyes went wide again.

“You’re afraid of..”

Another lightning, followed by thunder. Myungsoo’s shoulder is shaking and tensed. Myungsoo closed his eyes and pressed his hands even harder in his ears.

“YOU’RE AFRAID OF THUNDER?!”


A/N: Hey buds! Short update! :3 Not edited sorry for the wrong grammars. Thank u for subscribing! Love you all, please comment! <3