11

Star In Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remain speechless or maybe we remain speechless as I heard that words coming out from Sehun's mouth. I feel like my heart stops beating and I can't hear anything because I was still shocked with Sehun's confession. I looked at him right in his eyes. His confession was sincere, at least that's what I thought. I can't see that he was joking or whatnots.

I swallowed hard and gulped. I shifted my body so that we'll have some distance between us. He heaved a sigh and turned his body to the sky, "you don't like me, do you?". I didn't respond his words. I can't think any clearly. No, I didn't hate him. But I don't love him either. This is so complicated. Maybe I start to like him, but it's not like I like him as.... someone special. I just like him as my friend and that's that. But the matter is, he stole my first kiss and he confessed to me. What's next?

I feel like I just want to dial emergency number so that I won't stuck with him but I know that it's very impossible. So I refrained myself to keep calm and try to settle down with this sudden confession. Of course a confession would be a sudden one. There's no way he would tell you that he'll confess, Ara. Argh why am I so stupid when it comes to things like this?!

"Hey", he woke me up from my thoughts. I raised my eyebrow and smiled. He stretched out his body then he smiled, "why do you love to stargaze?"

Well.. thinking about it again, I don't really know why I love to stargaze. Watching the stars from down here is just one of the best activity I've ever known. It's much better if you do that only with yourself. That'll be the best me-time. But maybe, the best reason to answer Sehun's question is what my dad always said about stargaze-thing.

'Dad this is so boring. Let's just go home', I tugged my dad's sleeve.

He smiled at me and mom. Then he squeezed my arms affectionally, 'honey, look at the stars. Look how they shine for you and what you do. The stars will always be there for you whenever you need the lights when it turns to dark, sweetheart. Maybe someday mom and dad can't see you grow, but the stars will always do. Whenever you feel empty, watch the stars. They'll always shine for you even in your darkest time, honey'

Maybe that was why I started to love stargaze so much. The reason my dad gave to me is the best reason I can give to other people. It's like the only answer to Sehun's question. I told him that and he nodded. Then he made his way to sit, "I miss my parents".

"Where are they?", I sat and looked at him.

"They're..", he looked at the stars then he looked at me. I can see sadness in his eyes. Is this just my eyes or I do really see that Sehun's eyes is getting glossy? He heaved a huge sigh, "divorced. They're divorced three years ago. And now I live alone. In a flat. They ditched me. None of them wants to meet me. Even though they keep sending me money.. I mean I don't need that. I need them. But instead of being there for me, they prefer to go by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter