T W E N T Y T H R E E

My Arranged Marriage with a Jerk
{{
Goodbyes
}}
A
A
A
A
A
A

Lu Han's POV:

I woke up with my phone vibrating on the bedside table, so I opened my eyes one by one ad grab my phone before opening it, blinding me from the light. Unknown Number. I read, looking at the phone I'm holding, it's for work so thinking that it is an important call I press the green button "Hello?" I muttered sleepily, no answer and I was really annoyed by the fact that this person is pranking me in an hour everyone is supposed to be sleeping "I...uhhh...sorry for waking you up but I just want someone to talk with" The other line said, and I really know who's this. No other than the person who is rooming beside my room, I was about to speak but she beat me to it "It's ok if you won't speak, just listen to me"  I look at my phone weirdly, seriously can't she recognize my voice? I thought "Its just that it so hard to find someone to talk with since I don't have any friends and my grandma has many problems to take care of and I don't want to be included in them also it will be really awkward to the person who's causing me to do this right?" She sound so desperate, I heaved a sigh silently and just let her talk, and she started talking. To be honest her voice is so soft that it gives off a calming effect in my nerves and it just want make me to listen to her voice all day. "It happened like one of those books I've read, wherein the girl and the boy was fixed in an arranged marriage, at first they hate each other so much but time will come one will fall for the other and the other as well and they'll have a happy ending. But in my case, I'm the only one who fell." She said and I know that she's crying. I wanted to tell her I'm sorry and comfort her but I just can't, I have the feeling of just wanting her to continue and listen to everything she's going to say. I rested my back on my headboard and listen on how she talks about me.

"To be honest when I first met him, he's so beautiful. Seriously beautiful I was left in awe but he's so cold towards me and keep shrugging me off. He's the guy who really can't move on with his ex who is gorgeous as well."  I felt sorry for her, for actually liking someone like me and I swear to God I'll give anything just to have find the person who will give her the happiness she deserve. She started talking again and my insides are all calm just listening to her voice that will crack sometimes because of her tears "I want to say Lu Han-ah I love you so so so much. It's funny though, I've practice it many times in front of my mirror but every time the chance has come I will forget what am I supposed to say. He has that effect on me. Do I sound cheesy?"  I was caught off guard wait what she doesn't like me instead love me? Every information she told me is just sinking in my mind "Oh how I wish I can say this to him"  She sighed dreamily sending me back to reality 

"Don't worry you already did" I said and there was silence between us "Wh...what?" I chuckled at her cuteness "Tiffany you called my phone for work" I said a matter-of-factly, she gasped a little "Oh I did?" She asked dumbly "I...ahh...sorry for bothering you. Sleep well" She said too fast before ending the call, I chuckled silently at my phone before letting my back slide back again on my bed. I rest my arms on my blocking the light coming from my window as I clutch my phone tightly. Lu Han-ah I love you so so so much her words echoed in my mind and little didn't I know a small smile had already crept into my face.

 

I woke up with a mixed emotion, you know the type of wherein I'm part happy and part sad and I really don't know why. Going downstairs, I saw her already dress to go, I watched her silently as she scribble in a pink sticky note busily, with her brows furrowed together and her tongue sticking out a little, she looks like a five year old kid doing her own assignments that is due tomorrow. Letting my back rest on the wall, I watch quietly "What are you doing?" I asked, her head shoot up as her face turn tomato red "Lu...han-ssi" She said her voice almost non-audible, I stepped and look at what she's doing but she's fast enough to hide it in her back "Let me see" I whined and she shook her head, I then start reaching for back but she just keep dodging it and we just keep doing it until she was cornered between me and the kitchen counter. She avoid my gaze and keep looking down still holding the piece of paper behind her back.

And as if that moment, as I stared down at her everything seems to be in slow motion. She really looks beautiful up close, goddesses has no say to her beauty. She smell so nice and she really look cute with those red tint markable on her pale cheeks. When she looks up, my heart jup out of y chest because her eyes is one of the most beautiful thing, as if the stars are living inside her orbs. I'm confused of what I'm feeling  I thought befopre clearing my throat and giving the both of us a good distance. "I'll be late, I should get going" She said awkwardly before grabbing the suitcases beside. I nodded awakrdly and we avoided eye contacts again "I...uhhh...where are you going?" I asked silently, she stop midtrack "California, for a new start?" She said carefully picking her words and not even sure of what she's saying. I nodded my head  and busied myself preparing my breakfast while my mind is preoccupied. "I'll go now" She said and continued walking towards the front door, I heard the soft thud of the door and my heart suddenly felt heavy.

 

I didn't finish preparing my food because I am bothered of everything, when I turned around, I saw her pink sticky note place neatly on the dining table, so I went to grab it and started unfolding it Why do I feel like a part of me died?

To Lu Han,

Thank you for everything and I'm really sorry for calling you early in the morning. I really didn't know. I hope you'll be happy and will find the person for you.

-Tiffany Hwang :*

PS. I love you :)

The letter was simple and short and was written really well. I heaved a sigh. I can't feeling anything at all. I'm so confused right now and I don't have any appetite left for food. I pocketed the letter before throwing my unfinished oatmeal to the garbage can and run upstairs to fix myself. I have to go, I need help.


A/N hi guys :) This is getting no where but anyways I'm really thankful for everyone and each of you for like bearing and staying with this fic. Thank you everyone. Thank you so so so so much. This fic will end soon and you guys didn't get tired to wait for a new update. Also. you beared with my engRish lol. Anyways please do leave comments and subscirbe and please support me and my 'upcoming' fanfics, support OT12 and OT9, ok? Thank you again from the deepest part of my heart.

Characters Count: 5523
Words Count: 1318

 

 

 

       

ilovpocky93 || summer