O N E

My Arranged Marriage with a Jerk
{{

The Promise 

}}
A
A
A
A
A
A

After I help my grandmother sat on her favorite rocking chair, she smiled to me sweetly which I returned happily and sat on her level. "Grandma you look happy today" I said she smiled once more before closing her eyes and letting the fresh air blow in her face, a contented smile plastered on her face. "Because I am" she said, she look at me with her brown orbs, she held my hand and squeeze it reassuringly. Oh I thought.

"I met my best friend again and we catch up" She said smiling at the thought, seeing her happy like this makes me smile. She must have miss her best friend so much. "When we we're younger, we two are really close and inseparable but then time comes and we have our own families to attend to and eventually our communication with each other was gone" She said, bitterness present in her voice and it's now my turn to squeeze her hand "But yesterday, while Mr. Kang brought me to the hospital for my check-up, I saw her and we talk" She continued, she look younger talking about her best friend "She never change though, still loud and talkative just like when we're younger" She giggled and I sat there while smiling and listening attentively to her story.

My grandma, for me, is the most important person in my life. Since I was 15, she's the one who look after me and take care of me. She became my mom and dad at the same time after the tragic incident happened to my real parents who is now in a much more better and happier place. I love seeing her happy and I'll do anything just to make her happy.

"And then we talk about our promise to each other" She said, I look at her with a polite smile and once again she squeeze my hand, after that she started my hair which let me calm and forget about the stress going in our company. I love it when she do this, I feel safe and nothing is going to hurt me. "Tiffany dear, I have something to tell you" She said Oh? I thought and look at her. She smiled once again before looking at the sun which is setting now, making the clouds become pinkish-orange in color, it was a breath-taking sight. "The promise we made with each other is that we'll help each other no matter what" She heaved a sigh and she look/sound nervous talking about this. Why? "Yesterday, when we talk she told me..." She hesitated so I squeeze her hand in reassurance and gave her a small smile "her grandson is really broken" My brows knitted in confusion, I really don't know where she's going.

"She said that it breaks her heart to see him like that. So she ask me for my help, she ask me if I can let his grandson meet someone to forget the girl who broke his heart" before she could even finish her story I know where this is going. I keep quiet as a sign of respect but I already want to say no but I just can't "So I told her I have a granddaughter who is single, and that is you" I close my eyes and heaved a deep sigh "grandma please continue" I said after a long pause, "We agreed to set you two in a marriage"

My heart sunk in the floor, and my body became cold same as my blood, my brain stop functioning for a while. I was dumbfounded and was frozen in my spot Me? Marriage? What? I was trying to let the information sink in my mind but it just can't, she's checking my expression and she look anxious about it. I want to run in the hills while screaming. "Oh dear Tiffany, I know this is shocking to you, I'm really sorry please tell me what you think about it. I you want to say no just tell me and I'll tell her"  She said, but disappointments is visible on her eyes

Can I say no to her? Of course not! She sacrifices too much for me and a simple request I can't grant? But do I like this? Hell No! Who does? An arranged marriage with a stranger? What about the one for me who hasn't come?

"Don't worry grandma, I'll do it" I said after a long pause, she then hug me and she's laughing happily. "Oh Tiffany thank you very much! You're really an angel" She said happily which made me smile but deep inside I am nervous and scared of what will happen next.

Oh gosh I hope everything will be okay. 


A/N so how was it? Did you like it? Is this chapter boring? Oh gosh please tell me what you think and so I can improve my writing skills. English is not really my first language, so please do bear with me but anyway highway Thank you all.

Characters count: 3556
Words count: 849

 

 

ilovpocky93 || summer