Chapter 31

Off The Record

Minseok slowly opened his eyes, his head heavy and his mouth dry. He inched up slowly on the bed as he grabbed the glass on the side table and chugged it down slowly.

“Baby!”

Minseok allowed his eyes to adjust to the sunlight pouring in from the window as his gaze settled on two hazy figures.

One of the figures moved quickly and engulfed Minseok in a bear hug while the other patted him on the shoulder.

“We saw Lana! She’s gorgeous, I can’t believe my granddaughter looks just like me,” exclaimed Minseok’s mom, smothering her groggy son into her shoulder.

“Mphmf—”

“Let the boy breath, Na Young,” laughed Minseok’s dad, pulling his wife off their son.

“Thanks dad,” whispered Minseok, eyes finally adjusting on his smiling parents.

“Sorry, I’m just so happy!” giggled his mom, sitting on the hospital bed next to her son. “How are you feeling sweetie?”

“Like I woke up with a hangover from hell,” mumbled Minseok, reaching down to his abdomen to touch the incision. The pain was still there but at least it had gone from a painful throb to a dull sting every time he moved. “Mommy—”

“Save your breath, I know what you’re going to ask,” interrupted his mom, smoothing her son’s hair down to sit on his hair normally. “Lana is doing great. The doctor said if she keeps up her progress, she can be moved in your room by tonight.”

“And—”

“And Sehun and Tao are doing well too. They both were awake when we reached the hospital earlier this morning and we spent some time with them.”

“That’s good,” sighed Minseok, feeling some of the stress lifting from his shoulders. “And Luhan—”

“Right here, hyung,” said Luhan, emerging from the bathroom inside the room.

“Did you spend the whole night here?” asked Minseok, eyes settling on the crumpled blanket on the couch beside the window.

Luhan scratched his neck awkwardly, a weird smile on his face that Minseok couldn’t quite figure out what it meant.

“Um, yeah I did,” said Luhan, glancing at Minseok’s parents very briefly before turning back to Minseok.

“What is it?” questioned Minseok, glancing between Luhan and his parents. Something’s fishy…

“Nothing at all!” answered his mom, rising from the bed and going to stand beside her husband. “Your dad and I are going to go check on Lana and then grab some breakfast. We’ll bring you two back something delicious!”

Minseok watched quietly as his parents shuffled out of the room before turning to stare at Luhan with his eyebrows raised.

Luhan remained quiet, walking over to sit on the couch and stare out the window to avoid the elder’s gaze.

“Luhan, I hope you know that staring out the window won’t stop me from asking what’s wrong,” said Minseok, shaking his head in amusement. “In fact, it makes me more curious.”

Luhan cleared his throat before speaking as he continued staring out the window.  

“If you must know...”

As Luhan trailed off with his words, Minseok had already flung off the hospital blanket and was making his way towards the boy, wincing slightly as his C-Section incision was pulled with each step.

“Luhan, don’t ignore me and just tell me what…”

Minseok found himself trailing off as well, words refusing to come out as all the synapses in his brain momentarily froze as he stared out the window at the scene below them.

There were blinding camera flashes, a chaotic mass of reporters, and tech people running around to get their equipment set up. Many of them were already live reporting as they kept pointing towards the hospital.

Minseok felt the panic settle in as he stared at the pandemonium.

“How long have they been here?” whispered Minseok, unable to look away.

“Hyung!” said Luhan, jumping slightly as he looked at the elder. “You shouldn’t be walking around. You might open your wound—”

“No, it’s okay. The doctor told me to move around as soon as I feel better,” replied Minseok, waving the younger boy off with his hand as he continued to look through the window. “I hope none of them made it inside. Sehun and Tao need all the rest they can get without worrying about the media.”

Minseok kept looking until he felt something….off? Why are the reporters looking and pointing to my room window…?

“,” muttered Luhan as he noticed the same thing and immediately pulled the curtains back over the window.

“Luhan, what happened? Why are they looking at my room?” questioned Minseok, thoroughly confused.

Luhan looked at Minseok guiltily as he escorted him back to the bed to lie down.

“Luhan, tell me,” said Minseok, trying to put pieces together but coming up short. The reporters don’t know about Lana so why…?

“Hyung, you don’t need to worry about this right now, okay?” said Luhan, ushering Minseok under the blankets and handing him another glass of water.

“Oh my goodness, I’m not ing dying here! Just tell me!” exclaimed Minseok suddenly, putting the glass down and grabbing the remote on the table and flipping on the television before Luhan could stop him.

“—late last night, and their daughter is now in the neonatal care unit. From the information we have received, an emergency C-Section was performed—”

Minseok flipped the channel.

“We are still awaiting the official statement from the company. At this point, it will be hard to deny the proof of the affair since the phone call came directly from EXO member Luhan’s phone. The whole call was recorded and there is no denying that these voices belonged to none other than Luhan and Minseok, who is the choreographer for EXO.”

Another channel flipped.

Last night was a night of scandals and shocks that includes EXO’s Luhan and his secret love affair that resulted in a child with EXO’s choreographer, Kim Minseok. EXO’s Kim Sehun and Huang Zitao are currently recovering in the hospital after being hit by a drunk driver on their way to their Seoul comeback concert. Kim Sehun is the brother of Kim Minseok, who is also in the same hospital after delivering—”

Luhan sighed as he grabbed the remote and turned the television off.

There was an awkward silence in the room as Minseok processed the information with his numb mind while Luhan sighed deeply again.

“Hyung, don’t worry about it,” reassured Luhan, “This was bound to happen sooner or later.”

“How bad is it, Luhan?” whispered Minseok, still staring at the blank television screen.

“I honestly don’t know. I’ve been avoiding everything,” replied Luhan, “Manager Hyung told me to stay inside this room and not worry about anything. He called your phone earlier so I answered it. He told me they’re working on the damage control.”

“How much can they really control?” said Minseok. “It’s done. The damage is irreversible and it’s all my—”

“Okay, no. Stop. We’re not going back to blaming this on ourselves,” interrupted Luhan. “Hyung, you will not blame yourself for this. Repeat it after me: I am not responsible for this. It’s all Luhan’s fault for knocking me up.”

Minseok stared silently at the younger boy.

“Repeat after me: I am not responsible for this. It’s all Luhan’s fault for—”

“Ah okay! I got it,” cut off Minseok, the tiniest hint of a grin playing on his lips as he continued to look at Luhan. What did I do to deserve you?

“I am pretty great, huh?” grinned Luhan.

“I said that out loud didn’t I?” sighed Minseok.

“Yes, and I love you too, hyung,” replied Luhan, reaching over and planting a slow kiss on the elder’s lips.

***

“Ah, Luhan! Yes, right there!”

“I bet it feels so good, hyung.”

“You have no idea how much I love you right now!”

A loud cough interrupted the two from their activity as they turned to face Minseok’s mom.

“Oh my God, you two nearly gave me a heart attack,” chuckled Minseok’s mom as she walked into the room slowly, carrying a small bundle in her arms. “I thought you two were doing something els—”

“He was just scratching my back, mom!” blushed Minseok, slightly mortified at the thought of his mom picturing them two doing the deed. “You know I can’t reach there because of the scar.”

“I know, baby. I’m just messing with you,” laughed his mom lightly as she came closer to the two.

“Is that…” said Luhan, immediately getting up from the bed and going towards her, grinning widely like an idiot.

Luhan gently grabbed the bundle from Minseok’s mom and slowly rocked the little baby who looked like she was about to wake up from her sleep.

“Minseok hyung,” said Luhan, cradling his daughter in his arms as he walked towards Minseok. “Say hi to Lana properly.” Luhan slowly lowered Lana into Minseok’s arms, who immediately tensed up.

Minseok sat there with Lana in his arms, not moving a muscle as he observed her properly for the second time since she was born.

There was no doubt that she was Luhan’s daughter. Her nose curved the exact same way as Luhan’s. Even though her eyes were closed, there was a faint double-eyelid crease that definitely came from Luhan as opposed to his own monolids.

 Minseok smiled when he noticed how her lips resembled his own. Yes, at least she got something from me! on that, Luhan.

Minseok suddenly thought back to when he first found out he was pregnant. How dreadful he had felt finding out. How stressed out he was back then, to the point of trying to get rid of his pregnancy.

However, seeing and holding the result of all of that wriggling slightly in his arms relieved him beyond belief. In better terms, Lana was perfectly worth it.

Minseok relaxed himself and brought up his daughter, pressing a light kiss to her forehead and grinning when her eyebrows scrunched together.

Both his mom and Luhan let out a loud sigh.

“What happened?” laughed Minseok quietly, looking at the two of them.

“We thought you were going to pass out or something,” answered Luhan, sending a reassuring smile to the elder.

“You literally froze when Luhan handed her to you,” chuckled his mom lightly.

“She’s so tiny. I thought I would drop her,” replied Minseok, smiling wider than Luhan as he continued to look at Lana.

At that moment, the door to the room burst open and in came Sehun in a wheelchair, being pushed by Tao’s good hand.

“Where’s my niece?” asked Sehun, not even bothering to greet the other three people in the room.

“Hello to you too, brat,” grinned Minseok, relief washing over him as he finally got to see his brother and Tao alive and well with his own eyes.

“How are you feeling, hyung?” laughed Sehun as Tao pushed him closer to the bed. “And how’s Lana? I heard she was in the baby ICU.”

“See for yourself,” replied Minseok, carefully handing the baby over to Sehun, who took her in his arms like a pro. “Damn, you’re a natural.”

“Where’s my camera when I need it!” groaned his mom as she fumbled in her purse for her phone. “My phone quality is crap but it’s better than nothing, huh?” She said as she snapped a few pictures of her sons with the newest addition to their family.

“Mom, my phone is better,” replied Minseok, pointing to his phone on the bedside table.

“Go stand by them, Luhan,” said their mom as Luhan handed her Minseok’s phone. “We can’t have the dad missing from the pictures. Ok, everybody smile!”

The four boys fumbled around to get in a good position before proudly posing around the little baby in Sehun’s arms. It took about fifteen different shots before their mom was finally satisfied with the outcome of the pictures.

“Ah perfect, thank God for modern technology,” sighed their mom as she flipped through the pictures. “When Minseok was born, I remember their dad standing in the delivery room with one of those huge black camcorders. Sadly, the idiot was too shocked to see him coming out my that he forgot to press record.”

“Oh my God, mom!” whined Minseok and Sehun in unison, turning red at their mom’s sudden bluntness.

Tao and Luhan stood awkwardly, trying their best not to burst out into laughter.

“Sorry, too much information,” laughed their mom as she looked the mortified faces of her two sons.

Luckily, Sehun’s attention was diverted to Lana, as she squirmed in his arms. He poked Lana’s chubby cheek lightly with his index finger.

“She’s so adorable,” commented Tao, who was leaning down to carefully observe the little girl. “I can’t believe humans start out this tiny. And then they grow into giants like Sehun.”

“Who are you calling giant, you six foot oaf!” countered Sehun as everyone in the room laughed.

The laughter unfortunately reached Lana’s ears, and soon she was scrunching her eyebrows together again and opening her eyes slowly.

Her wide eyes took in the sight of Sehun’s scraggily hair and immediately began whimpering.

“Ah, she’s about to cry, hyung,” said Sehun, slightly panicking as he held her out for Minseok to grab.

“Well yeah, that’s what happens when people generally look at your face, brat. The rest of us are just better at hiding our fear,” joked Minseok as he reached out to grab his baby.

“Mooom,” pouted Sehun, looking at his mom for moral support.

“Don’t pick on my son, you bully,” their mom scolded Minseok with a laugh, shaking her head at the two.

“Learn to fight your own battles, Mama’s Boy,” said Minseok, rocking Lana gently to quiet her whimpers.

“Well, I’m currently battling the urge to pee all over this floor,” said Sehun, tugging on Tao’s shirt, who was lost in his own little world as he cooed and made googly-eyes at Lana. “Tao, I need your assistance.”

“It’s okay, I’ll take you baby!” said his mom, grabbing the wheelchair and escorting Sehun out of the room, but not before everyone could hear Sehun whining about how embarrassing it was to be taken to the bathroom by his mother.

As soon as the door shut, Minseok immediately went into action.

“Don’t even think about it,” warned Minseok, looking at Tao with a mildly concerned expression.

“But you don’t even know—” started Tao, before getting interrupted by Luhan.

“What happened?” asked Luhan, confused.

“This kid is out of his mind,” replied Minseok, shaking his head at Tao.

“But you don’t—”

“I do,” said Minseok. “Don’t think I can’t see that look in your eyes, Tao.”

“What did Tao do?” asked Luhan again.

“It’s what he’s thinking about doing,” answered Minseok before Tao could open his mouth again. “Don’t even think about getting baby fever.”

Luhan burst out into laughter while Tao blushed a deep red.

“We already have one huge scandal at hand with Lana, we don’t need another EXO scandal. Tao, You get knocked up and I will end Sehun’s life. Remember that,” informed Minseok, motioning for Luhan to come closer so he could grab the sleeping baby.

“But….she’s so cute,” was all Tao could say before he promised Minseok that he would stay baby-free for the next fifty years.

 

****************

a/n-: Happy New Years everybody! Sadly it's time for some of us to gear back into school mode OTL 

Anyways, here's a tiny little update...not much happened but I hope it lightened the mood of the overall fic (and make you at least smile!) oh God...the fluff...it's almost unbearable

Enjoy!