Chapter 12

Off The Record

It was around four in the morning when Minseok got the call. He scrambled to grab his phone as it rang loudly, not wanting to wake Sehun up in the next room.

“Hello?” said Minseok sluggishly, not bothering to check the number.

“Baby! The company made the decision! You’re dad’s getting the vice president position at the Seoul office!” said his mom excitedly. “I know it’s really early there but I couldn’t wait till you guys woke up! I’m so happy!”

Minseok’s eyes flew open as he understood the words. His parents were coming back to Korea for good!

“Oh my God, mom! When are you guys moving back?” he asked eagerly, wanting to wake his little brother to share the good news but refraining from doing so. Sehun had a busy day ahead of him and he could use all the rest he could get.

“In about a month, the transfer should be finalized. We’re already looking for a new house to move into and everything. You and Sehun don’t worry about anything. We’ll update you as we find out more,” replied his mom happily.

“Umm, mom…” started Minseok uneasily. He felt his stomach flip in nervousness as he asked his mom the question he had been avoiding ever since his parents left Korea. “Did you tell dad?”

There was a small pause before his mother spoke.

“I told him,” replied his mom with a small sigh.

“How did he react?”

“Well, for starters, he was fairly angry. He wanted to call you right then and there, but I talked him out of it. I knew he would regret whatever he would’ve said in that state. After a day or so, he calmed down enough to ask me everything I knew. I told him everything you told me and now I think he’s warming up to the idea. I even showed him the sonogram hoping maybe his feelings would change after seeing his grandchild. I think it worked a little.”

“Did he say anything in particular?”

“He asked me whose baby it is. Also, he’s worried about your job. Have you thought about how you’re going to handle this? You know heavy exercise isn’t good in your state. How are you going to continue choreographing?”

“When I find the answer mom, I’ll let you guys know. Thank you for handling dad. I love you so much mommy,” said Minseok, as he sighed and hung up the call. He knew his parents were worried about his future, and he hadn’t even begun to think of the consequences. He had finally tackled the Luhan obstacle. Now, he needed to figure out the rest.

Let’s put it off till tomorrow.

***

“Hyung, you look like you’ve gained a few pounds,” chuckled Jongdae.

“Yeah, I guess not dancing is making you chubby! Is your back still hurting a lot?” asked chimed in Jongin innocently.

“Your cheeks remind me of a cute hamster,” laughed Kyungsoo.

Minseok sent the boys a death glare as he felt tears begin to well up in his eyes. I’m not fat….

“About time you gained something! I had a feeling you were going to disappear,” cut in Luhan, sending the elder a reassuring smile.

Minseok glanced at him with a sullen look, heart twitching from wanting to say something but not finding the words to do so.

“I agree, Minseok hyung is looking a lot better these days,” added Tao with a sweet smile of his own.

Thank you precious Panda. I’ll spare your life when I finally go senile and murder the other members.

Minseok knew the other boys were clueless to the secret behind his weight gain, but the comments hurt just the same. He almost wished he could tell them so they would encourage him, but the last thing he needed now was more attention.

As soon as the practice finished, Luhan grabbed his and Minseok’s bags as they made their way to the elder’s car.

“Hyung, where do you want to go eat?” asked Luhan as he stuffed himself into the car happily.

Minseok sighed as he sat in the driver’s seat. He was glad Luhan was trying to spend time with him, but why put up the pretense of caring about each other if they weren’t even dating? They might be having a baby together, but they weren’t in that kind of relationship so why force themselves to be around each other?

“Luhan, I’m thankful that you decided to take responsibility for everything, but you really don’t have to spend all of your time with me. Go eat with your members since you skipped out on them the other day. Plus, they might get suspicious if you start hanging around me all the time,” said Minseok, giving the younger boy a tired look.

Luhan glanced at Minseok with a confused look.

“What’s up hyung? Do you not want to go eat or something? Are you feeling okay?” asked Luhan with a concerned look.

“Yeah, I’m feeling fine. I’m just a little tired, that’s all,” replied Minseok, not wanting to explain complicated thoughts running through his head.

“Well, if you’re tired then we can go home. We can just eat something there,” said Luhan with a mischievous grin.

Minseok knew what that grin stood for and it tugged at his heart. Knowing Sehun wouldn’t be coming home for the next few hours because he was in another city starring in a label mate’s music video, the two had plenty of time to do the deed.  

But, Minseok had realized something. After acknowledging his feelings and thinking about the whole situation the past two days, his heart had made up its mind. And it decided that it was beginning to hurt being around Luhan like this.

He thought having Luhan around and being a part of the pregnancy would make him happy, but now the opposite was true. Luhan was finally with him, but only for the baby. He knew Luhan just wanted to be a good dad, but Minseok suddenly began wanting more.

. I’m being selfish right now. Why can’t it be enough that he’s willing to put his future on the line for the baby? Why am I being so difficult? Minseok scolded himself as he tried to sort out his feelings, but to no avail.

The nagging feeling in his chest made his pulse race as he felt his emotions begin to overflow. He suddenly wanted to get away from the younger boy. He wanted to cry but he couldn’t do it in front of Luhan.

“No, Luhan. I’m not taking you home and we’re not eating together. So please, get out of the car so I can leave,” said Minseok bluntly, not wanting his emotions to show. His heart hurt saying the words as he watched the younger boy’s face fall slightly.

I’m sorry Luhan. I know I’m being a jerk, but it’s starting to hurt being around you. I know you don’t love me, and there’s nothing I can do about it except to distance myself from you.

“Hyung…” started Luhan as Minseok shot him a cold glare. Just leave already!

Luhan quietly got out of the car and left, with Minseok watching the younger boy leave as he cursed himself for being an .

***

Minseok knew he was being selfish. He was being extremely selfish and mean. However, for some reason, he found that being away from Luhan was what finally calmed him down.

It had already been more than twenty four hours since he last spoke to Luhan. Luhan had sent him numerous texts and phone calls, but he refused to respond to any.

Minseok knew he had fallen for Luhan.

Through the endless rehearsals, the obnoxious jokes and laughter, the sarcastic and cheeky comments, Minseok fell for the boy.

He knew his hormones were making him feel overly emotional, but he couldn’t just blame everything he felt on them. For once, he knew the heartache that he was nursing were out of pain and longing for the younger boy.

The empty feeling he got from knowing Luhan didn’t feel the same took over his mind as he found himself trying to hold back tears.

This has seriously got to stop. I’m making my baby miserable when I keep doing like this. So what if Luhan doesn’t like you? So what if is the only thing he wants from you? You shouldn’t be ignoring him when he hasn’t done anything wrong...

Minseok scolded himself over and over until he fell into an uncomfortable sleep.

***

“Hyung, why are you cooking so much food?” asked Sehun as he broke off a piece of the warm bread Minseok had pulled out of the oven.

“Hey, that’s for tonight! Keep your hands to yourself until later on,” scolded Minseok lightly as he snatched the bread away and placed it where he could keep his eyes on it.

“But I’m so hungryyyy,” whined Sehun with a little pout as he tried to reach for it again.

Minseok smiled as he stirred the spaghetti, smacking his little brother’s hand every time he saw it hover over the bread.

“Remember? Tonight is game night. Gather all of the board games and fix up the living room. I want to de-stress tonight,” said Minseok as he smacked his brother’s hand hard.

Minseok was looking forward ridding himself of all the thoughts in his mind regarding Luhan tonight. He needed a calm and stress-free night away from all of his worries.

He was finally feeling better from the past couple of days, and was now ready to get back into the groove of things. He felt more positive about the situation as he looked forward to tonight. Tonight wasn’t a huge deal, but Minseok felt happy just wanting to be around his brother and friend.

“Ouuucchh! Okay, fine I’ll wait,” surrendered Sehun as he walked to the living room to tidy it up. “Why can’t we just buy some booze and throw a party instead? I wanna see the princess drunk!”

Minseok rolled his eyes as Sehun let out a shrieking laugh.

“I don’t even know why you’re laughing, light weight! Plus, I’ve decided to lay off the drinking for a while,” teased Minseok, leaving the part about his pregnancy out. He knew his brother was going to find out soon, but tonight was not that night. “Tonight is all about lame and cheesy games. I really need this so just play along, brat.”

“Ugh, fine. I’ll only play for a little bit. I promised Kris I would get on League of Legends later on,” replied Sehun as he made his way to the front door where Tao was knocking on it.

“Sehun!” exclaimed a happy Tao as he scrambled his way inside.

Minseok took off his apron to go greet the excited panda, only to freeze when he saw another boy emerge from behind him.

Luhan. 

 

****************

a/n-: Ahh back to angst! Next chapter will be better i promise!