Chapter 15

Off The Record

“…H-Hyung?” stuttered Tao as he observed the scene in front of him.

Minseok froze. His mind went blank as he stared at Luhan’s face, unsure of what to do because his body refused to move. It felt like every cell in his body stopped functioning and he would be rendered comatose for the rest of his life.

Luhan shared the same expression of shock and disbelief as he glanced at Minseok and then at Sehun, who was watching the two with a look of disgust and repulsion.

Luhan lightly slid Minseok off of him as he stood up to explain the situation but he couldn’t find the words to do so.

He looked at Minseok for help, but the elder seemed to be in a world of his own.

“You guys have been dating this whole time?!” shouted Tao in astonishment, looking at the two older boys for answers.

Minseok continued to stare at the couch from where Luhan left him, unable to look up at the boys. The humiliation he felt was abundant, but the guilt he felt was more severe. He could feel Sehun’s piercing gaze on him, and he could already tell the gaze was full of anger and betrayal.

The tension in the room was suffocating as none of the boys said a word. It felt like years had passed by Sehun finally moved from his spot and went to his room.

***

“Sehun….Sehun…” mumbled Minseok, knocking on his brother’s door.

It was five in the morning and Minseok had found himself unable to sleep the whole night. He had finally gathered the courage to confront his brat, and so he found himself in front of the boy’s room, knocking lightly.

“Sehun….” called Minseok once more, unsure of what more to say.

With no response from the other side of the door, Minseok went back to his room quietly.

***

Breakfast the next morning was as awkward as it could get. Minseok had stayed up the whole night, so by the time Sehun had rolled out of bed and into the kitchen, he was greeted by a buffet of his favorite foods.

Upon seeing the not so pleasant expression on his little brother’s face, Minseok’s hopes tumbled downward.

“I made you strawberry pancakes, Sehun,” said Minseok weakly as he put a plate of freshly cooked pancakes in front of his brother.

He noticed how Sehun’s eyes lit up at the sight, so he regained some of his confidence and began talking more.

“I called mom earlier when you were sleeping. She told me they’re moving back in two weeks. They already bought a house and everything, and we can start moving in whenever we have the time. Since you guys are filming for that variety show today, I’ll go check out the house and start packing stuff. Do you want me to pack your things or you want to do it yourself?”

“Sure.”

“So, you want me to pack or…?”

“Do whatever you feel like, hyung. You’re going to do what you want anyways.”

The words cut Minseok like the knife Sehun was using for his pancakes. He knew he deserved them, but it hurt nonetheless. He knew Sehun was pissed at him for making out with the boy he had confessed to liking. The fact that his own brother would purposely kiss his crush behind his back was why Sehun was acting this way, and Minseok understood that.

If only you knew the whole truth, Sehun. You wouldn’t even look at me, much less talk to me.

***

Minseok had finally returned home with his hands full of flat cardboard boxes. He had seen the house their parents had purchased, and boy it was huge! Minseok never really thought about it before, but he knew his parents were loaded. His dad was the vice president of an investment banking company, Sehun was a member of the highly successful group EXO, and he was their choreographer.

At least the thought of being able to properly take care of his child reassured him as he began to make the boxes. He still worried about his father’s reaction towards him when they would finally meet face-to-face, and he still had to break the news to Sehun.

Minseok felt overwhelmed by it all as he felt exhaustion kick in. He laid down on the couch and whipped out his phone, seeing one text message on the screen.

Luhan:

How’s everything going? Is Sehun still mad?

Minseok sent back a reply.

Minseok:

Well, I tried to bribe him silently with some pancakes this morning. I think it half-worked but I’m not sure…

Luhan:

He’ll come around don’t worry, but the worst part is still to come. He doesn’t know about the baby yet

Minseok:

Thanks for reminding me asshat…

Luhan:

Sorry hyung. I'll tell him about Lana if you want!

Minseok:

Lana? Who’s Lana?

Luhan:

Our daughter’s name :] Do you like it?

Minseok blushed furiously as he grinned like an idiot. Lana….

Minseok:

I like it :]

Luhan:

 I’m glad you do! I took it from yours and my mom’s name! I told my mom by the way, she was way too excited. I don’t think she cares if my career’s ruined, she told me she’s been craving a grandkid since I was born hahah….

Minseok:

Right. Totally forgot about your career going down the toilet and all that . I don’t even want to think about that right now

Luhan:

It’s not for you to worry. Let me handle it, please hyung. Just focus on Sehun and keep Lana healthy :]

Somehow, Luhan just knew exactly what to say to lift Minseok’s mood. Minseok read their conversation over and over, smiling to himself as he thought about their daughter’s name.

Lana, your daddy gave you your name.

***

A few days had passed since Sehun had started acting more bratty than usual after catching his brother and crush in that intimate position. Minseok was glad to have the day off from rehearsals so he could begin moving a few things into their new house.

As he drove the truck, Sehun and Tao sat beside him making obnoxious, loud jokes as Minseok tried to keep his patience.

Minseok was beyond tired and his pregnancy was beginning to take a toll on him as he tried to juggle coming up with choreography, trying to teach the rowdy boys the dance steps without drawing any suspicion towards himself, trying to put up with Sehun’s attitude, packing and moving all their stuff, and Luhan’s unnecessarily high drive. The boy was like a rabbit, or maybe a deer suited him better. They still hadn’t had and all the pent up ual frustration was driving them both crazy.

As they reached the house, Minseok was glad to be out of the truck but he felt the sudden urge to lie down on the gravel and sleep. He almost did exactly that if it wasn’t for Tao’s unusually cheery voice urging the elder boy to unlock the house so they could start unloading.

“I don’t see why we couldn’t just hire movers…” mumbled Sehun as he began pulling on the couch with Tao’s and Minseok’s help.

“Sehun, it’s mostly just couches and a few boxes. I’ll hire them when we move all of the dressers and other boxes,” said Minseok tiredly.

“Hey guys!” said a voice behind them, and Minseok groaned at the impending awkwardness as he turned around and saw Luhan smiling widely.

“How…how did you know where we were?” asked Minseok, sending the younger boy a tiny glare as he turned red. He wasn’t prepared for Sehun to see them both together again.

“Thanks for the information Tao,” replied Luhan as he quickly grabbed Minseok back and took his place holding the couch. “Really hyung, be more careful! Think of Lana--“

“ WATCH YOUR STEP!” yelled Minseok, wanting to divert the attention away from the secret Luhan almost spilled. Omg seriously. An idiot!

“Lana?” asked Tao as the boys heaved the couch off the truck and slowly made their way into the house.

Minseok groaned and almost punched Luhan in the throat as he caught Luhan sending him an apologetic look.

“Wow! Really nice place guys!” said Luhan quickly, ignoring Tao completely.

Sehun snorted at the compliment as he positioned the sofa carefully while Minseok wanted to run from the awkward tension in the room. He was surprised Sehun hadn’t said anything rude to Luhan yet, and Minseok was waiting for that bomb to drop soon.

***

The four boys sat on the couches as they ate their Chinese takeout. Minseok was too busy devouring his noodles to notice the constantly lingering awkwardness and stares between them.

“So, uh, are we going to talk about that humungous ing elephant in the room or we’re just going to pretend like it never happened?” asked Tao, slurping on his soup.

All three boys whipped their heads up in shock at hearing Tao use a curse word. Tao simply laughed as he looked at their faces, almost spilling his soup in the process.

“What! You guys never heard me cuss before?” giggled Tao.

“No…that’s why it’s so freaking weird right now,” replied Sehun as he continued to stare at the Chinese boy. “Where did you learn to cuss like that? Don’t do it again…I don’t like it.”

Minseok glanced at Luhan with a confused expression as Luhan sent him a smirk.

“Yeah Tao, Sehun doesn’t like it so don’t do it again. You don’t want to upset Sehun, right?” chuckled Luhan slyly.

“Oh…um, that’s okay then. Sorry Sehun!” replied Tao, looking at Sehun with a puzzled expression.

Minseok understood the look Luhan was sending him as he processed the small exchange. Sehun…and Tao….? Yeah ing right. Sehun’s still acting like a lovesick puppy over Luhan.

“So….Minseok hyung? Luhan hyung? What gives?” asked Tao once more.

“Tao, this really isn’t the right place or time to talk about this,” started Minseok, desperately wanting to avoid the conversation but knowing there was no turning back.

“I kissed him,” cut in Luhan with a grin. “Am I going to have my balls chopped off for that?”

“Are you guys dating?” asked Sehun quietly, avoiding the guilty stare Minseok was giving him.

“We’re just testing out the waters and—” began Luhan.

“Yes,” interrupted Minseok as all three boys turned their attention to him. There was a pin drop silence as they waited for him to say more.

Minseok knew it was time he admitted the truth. They just couldn’t keep lying to his brother and making things even worse. He knew it would be a major move to continue to deny all of this any longer. He had already managed to hurt Sehun, and he didn’t want to dig the knife into the wound any deeper.

“Yes, we’re dating,” repeated Minseok again, gathering more confidence as he continued. “I knew how you felt, Sehun…and I’m really sorry. I know I’m a horrible brother for what I did.”

“Hyung, you could’ve just said so…why did you feel the need to sneak around behind my back?” mumbled Sehun with an indifferent look.

“Because you told me how you felt about Luhan!” replied Minseok.

“Hyung, I’m not a possessive . If you liked him too, you should’ve just said so. Besides, I’m already over the loser,” said Sehun, throwing shade on Luhan and sending Tao a small grin.

"Really? Are you sure? Because you were acting like......a brat this whole past week," said Minseok, sending his brother a glance.

"Well, it took me about a week but I'm really okay. Don't mind me, I have better things to do than be hung over him," said Sehun, flicking his thumb towards Luhan, who was having a hard time chewing his rice as he had taken one spoonful too much. 

The boys laughed as Luhan tried to swallow his food, reminding them of Bambi with his cheeks protruding out. 

***

As the boys finished their food, Sehun went with Tao to call a taxi while Luhan and Minseok cleaned up the area.

“I told you!” whispered Luhan as he glanced around to make sure Sehun couldn’t hear. “I think he’s starting to like him.”

“I couldn’t tell from the stank looks he sent me every day because of what happened a couple of days ago. It looked like he wasn’t over you,” replied Minseok, grabbing the trash bag so Luhan could throw away the garbage.

“It doesn’t matter. As long as he keeps hanging around Tao, I think we’ll hear good news from them soon,” laughed Luhan.

“Yeah, as long as he doesn’t find out about the baby, we can go back to normal life,” said Minseok, walking into the kitchen to wash the utensils.

“You’re going to have to tell him soon. You’re already starting to show a little. The more you wait, the worse it’s going to be,” said Luhan, pulling up his sleeves to help the elder.

“I don’t even know where to begin. How can I just tell my little brother out of nowhere that I’m pregnant!” sighed Minseok loudly. 

“Just like that.”

Minseok and Luhan whipped around to find the source of the voice, only to find Sehun’s face staring back at them.

 

*****************

a/n-: Man, what's with these Sehun cliffhangers? Does that boy hang around only to show up at the right moments? hahah so much baby mama drama 

Thank you all so freaking much for your supporting comments and subs, even upvotes! I'm like the grinch and y'all make my heart grow 100x in size. (Ok that was cheesy. I'm now gonna go drown myself in grease)