Chapter 20

Off The Record

It was after the thirteenth missed call that Minseok began to freak out. Why isn’t Luhan picking up? !

“Hyung, calm down. I’m sure he’ll call back as soon as he can,” reassured Sehun, trying to snatch the phone away from his crazed brother.

“Sehun! Give. Me. The. ing. Phone!”

Before Minseok could say another word, Sehun bolted from the room and ran to his own, effectively locking it so he wouldn’t be pummeled by Minseok.

“Hey! Open the door before I rip it off the goddamn hinges!” yelled Minseok, pounding on the door.

“I can’t hear you!” called Sehun from the other side of the door.

“Please Sehun, this isn’t the time to be playing around. I need my phone!”

Minseok, tired of punching the door, stood back and brought back his leg to give the door a good kick. As soon as he launched his leg forward, Sehun opened the door, prompting Minseok to accidentally catch his brother between the legs.

“Holy , Sehun!” cried Minseok, kneeling down to help his baby brother breathe. “I didn’t mean to kick you!”

“Hyunggggg,” whimpered Sehun wildly, cupping his crotch with both hands as he writhed in pain. “I’m dyingggg!”

“Calm down, okay? I’ll bring you some ice,” said Minseok, moving towards the kitchen.

“I’ll blame you for the rest of my life if I can’t have kids!” cried Sehun, squeezing out tears while his face slowly turned a bright crimson. “I’m going to adopt Lana and move to China!”

Minseok knew this was completely the wrong time to let out a smile, but he couldn’t help but laugh as he brought back a pack of frozen peas and put it on the brat’s crotch.

“Oh, now I’m definitely doing it!” yelled Sehun, twisting his face at his brother as he watched Minseok keel over and laugh. “Just wait hyung, Lana is going to grow up calling me daddy!”

“I said I was sorry! Besides, you opened the door and I just happened to kick at the same time,” howled Minseok as he wiped the tears from his eyes from laughing so hard. “It’s your fault for opening it.”

“I opened it because Luhan hyung called!”

That jerked Minseok back to reality quick as he fumbled around looking for his phone that had flown out of Sehun’s hand earlier.

He sighed in relief as he found it, only to see another incoming call from Luhan. He almost broke his finger trying to answer the call as he began rambling on the phone.

“Luhan? What happened? Why didn’t you pick up? Is everything okay? I saw the article! Wha—”

“Hyung,” cut off Luhan, sounding exhausted and tired on the other end of the line.

“Sorry, I’m just really stressing out,” said Minseok, panic creeping into his voice. “Tell me everything.”

“Sorry hyung but can I call you later? I’m really tired right now,” answered Luhan with a small sigh.

“Huh? Luhan, are you okay?” said Minseok with a heavy heart.

He didn’t like how Luhan was sounding over the phone. The thought of Luhan sounding so drained of energy made him nervous because the boy was never like this. It made Minseok even more stressed out, but he knew he would just have to wait patiently until Luhan felt better.

“I’ll call you as soon as I wake up from a nap. I really need it,” said Luhan in a somber tone.

“Take it easy, okay? Call me whenever you can,” said Minseok, feeling his heart sink because he could hear the apologetic tone in Luhan’s voice. Something is definitely wrong.

***

“Don’t worry too much baby,” said Minseok’s mom as they all sat down for dinner. “It’ll all blow over soon.”

“Mom, Luhan hyung got caught. He can’t even lie when the pictures clearly show him kissing and holding hands,” said Sehun bluntly, ripping into his chicken stew that they were eating for the third time that week. “Can’t we have pork or salmon or something other than chicken?”

“Have you heard anything from Luhan, Minseok?” asked his father, trying his hardest to ignore his youngest son’s whining. “Sehun, your brother really likes chicken so just eat it quietly. Mom will make you something different tomorrow.”

“How come mom makes whatever hyung wants? I’ve been asking for soy sauce crabs for days!” pouted Sehun.

“I’ve looked at some of the articles online. There are pictures of Luhan with you, but somehow miraculously your face wasn’t captured! I don’t know how that happened but at least we don’t have to deal with that right now,” spoke his mom. “And I’ve already said it before Sehunnie, crabs make your brother throw up.”

“Why can’t you make both chicken and crabs?” whined Sehun again, and Minseok felt the nerve in his forehead twitch.

“, Sehun! Just shut up and eat the damn chicken!” shrieked Minseok, finally losing his patience and standing up as he continued his mini rampage, his hormones getting the best of his emotions. “Mom, please make the brat his crabs, and no I haven’t heard anything from anyone and I’m on the verge of driving my car into the company building and shoving my fist up everyone’s until they tell me what the hell is going on!”

And with that outburst, Minseok stomped off to his room and slammed the door shut.

There was an awkward silence until his dad spoke.

“Remember when you were pregnant with Minseok and you almost threw that knife at my head?” chuckled their dad as he slurped his stew.

“Or when I locked you in the basement for six hours because you forgot to bring home the right flavor of ice cream when I was almost due with Sehun,” laughed their mom as she sent their dad a knowing smile. “I guess he got the temper from me!”

Sehun gave both of his parents an uncomfortable look before returning to his own food.

***

It had been over twelve hours since he last heard from Luhan. Not one call or text showed up on his phone, and each ticking second made his nervousness grow tenfold.

Minseok refused to open up his laptop and read anymore of the ridiculous articles. They were mostly just speculation on who the mystery date could be, and the list ranged from Yunho of TVXQ to Taemin of SHINee.

Minseok had to admit he was a little jealous that he wasn’t mentioned anywhere on those articles. After all, he was the one pregnant with Luhan’s kid. He had to have some sort of charm for Luhan to fall for him too so he shouldn’t be ruled out so easily, right?

Although no one had found out about the real truth of Minseok and Luhan, it wouldn’t be long before that bit of information would also be revealed to the public.

So far, the response to Luhan’s dating scandal had been somewhat contained despite the fact that the boy had been caught clearly kissing somebody. Minseok still couldn’t believe his face wasn’t in any of the pictures. In fact, the camera angles were just perfect to where he was hidden completely. Even his baby bump wasn’t visible and Minseok was more than thankful for that. He knew if anything had been revealed about him, he wouldn’t be sitting in his room, enjoying the last few moments of peace before his life would be revealed to the public.

Suddenly his phone vibrated, and Minseok nearly broke his neck from twisting it so fast to see who the incoming call was from. Tao.

“Hyung?” called Tao as Minseok calmed himself down. , finally someone decided to call!

“Yeah Tao! What’s up? Why did you call?” said Minseok, not wanting to sound desperate for information.

“Hyung, what happened? This whole day has been ing hectic and Luhan hyung won’t tell us anything. I finally managed to sneak my phone away from Manager Hyung because he took all our stuff away,” explained Tao carefully.

Minseok sighed in relief as he realized Luhan wasn’t ignoring him on purpose. They were all stuck without any form of contact, although now Minseok was getting angry at the manager for taking away their phones.

“Tao, do you know where Luhan is? Is he okay?” asked Minseok, feeling anxious as he anticipated the answer.

“He has a slight fever, but for the most part he’s okay,” replied Tao. “He just won’t say anything, not even to me.”

“You know it was me, right?” asked Minseok, sounding deflated and concerned because Luhan was sick and he couldn’t even help him. “God, I’m such a ing idiot. I should’ve never agreed on that date. I’ve ruined everything.”

“Don’t blame yourself, hyung,” assured Tao with a worried tone. “It’s no one’s fault. It just that we can’t like who we want and date who we want. One of the biggest downsides to being an idol.”

“Is there any way I can talk to Luhan? Please Tao, I just need to talk to him really quickly,” begged Minseok.

He desperately needed to hear the younger boy’s voice to make sure he was doing okay. It was almost killing him that he couldn’t drive to the dorm and see Luhan because they were probably all on lock down and he wouldn’t even be able to make it through the gates without security hounding him.

“Okay, let me go get him,” said Tao quietly.

Minseok waited patiently as he heard Tao shuffling around and looking for Luhan.

“He’s not here, hyung,” said Tao suddenly, sounding alarmed. “I swear he was here an hour ago when manager hyung stopped by!”

“What? What do you mean he’s not there? Where could he possibly go with all the security and fans surrounding you guys?” questioned Minseok, heart beat picking up slightly as he began to panic at the thought of Luhan out on the streets alone at night.

Minseok dramatically hung up the call and picked up his keys. He was determined to go out and find Luhan even if it took him all night or not.

As soon as he got to the front door, he heard light knocking. He looked through the peep hole for a second before ripping back the door and engulfing the younger boy in a tight hug.

“You idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot,” scolded Minseok as he clung onto Luhan, relieved beyond belief.

***

Minseok warmed up a big bowl of the leftover chicken stew before returning to his room and locking the door.

“Hyung, please rest. You can’t be moving around like that,” reasoned Luhan as he lay in bed, motioning for the elder to join him.

“I’m a lot healthier than you right now. Besides, I should actually move around a lot more now that I’m nearing nineteen weeks,” reasoned Minseok, sitting on the bed and handing the younger boy his stew, laughing slightly as Luhan pouted. “Do you want me to feed you?”

Luhan nodded his head furiously, only to stop and grab his head when it began to pound again.

“You’re such a kid sometimes,” grinned Minseok as he blew on the spoon to cool down the chicken.

“Hyung, I’m sorry for not calling toda— AHHH!”

Minseok almost gave birth right there on the bed as he held his stomach from laughing so hard. Luhan flailed around trying to cool down his burnt tongue while Minseok continued to laugh his off.

“Did Satan piss that stew out before you fed it to me?? ’s hot as !” shrieked Luhan, hobbling around for some water.

“I’m sorry, Luhan! I thought it was cool enough to eat,” choked out Minseok as he wiped his tears on his sleeve. “Seriously, you and Sehun should get your own comedy show. You’ve both managed to make me laugh today when I should’ve died from a nervous breakdown!”

After Minseok came down from his laughter high and Luhan felt normal enough to eat again, the two laid on the bed, Luhan’s arms wrapped around the elder as Minseok snuggled into his chest.

“For today, don’t worry about it Luhan. I know you had no choice but to give up your phone.”

“Still, I should’ve fought harder to keep it….I should fight harder for us.”

“If today was any indication, we should be on our best guard. Especially you because everyone’s going to watch you like a hawk now.”

“Hyung, I think we should tell the others.”

Minseok was quiet for a few minutes before he spoke up again, trying to contain his nervousness and not let it show through his tone of voice.

“Okay. Let’s tell them tomorrow.”

 

******************

a/n-: I realize the this chapter is a lot lighter and happier than it should be considering the situation, but I realized it would get too angsty and crappy so I tried to add some comedy ^.^ I hope I didn't crash and burn too badly