Chapter 16

Off The Record

“Sehun—wait! Sehun, don’t!” cried Minseok as he tried to stop his little brother from pummeling Luhan.

Too late. Sehun brought back a fist of fury and launched it right into Luhan’s stomach, causing Luhan to fall to the floor while gasping for breath.

“You ing Bambi-looking !” yelled Sehun as he brought back another fist, only to be held back by Minseok, who looked like he was about to cry.

“Sehun! ing stop!” shouted Minseok as he pulled his brother off of the poor idol who was still gasping for air.

There was a slight struggle as Minseok tried to keep Sehun back from Luhan. If the situation wasn’t so damn out of control, Minseok would’ve laughed. Luhan looked like death had graced his face while Sehun looked like a wild beast.

After a moment, Sehun calmed down enough to regain his composure.

“We really need to talk,” he said quietly, pain laced behind every word as he made his way to the living room.

***

“Is the kid yours?” asked Sehun directly to Luhan without batting an eye.

Luhan, nursing the slight bruising that had begun forming on his pale stomach, looked up at the angry little brother.

“Yo! You should have asked that before ing my insides up!” spit out Luhan in irritation.

“So it’s not yours?!” cried Sehun, looking almost guilty.

“No…it is,” mumbled Luhan.

“Then I should be beating the out of you right now,” said Sehun, pulling back his sleeves once more.

“Both of you, please stop and let’s have this conversation rationally. I can’t handle a full-fledged fight in this condition…” cut in Minseok sharply, looking nervous as he settled his hand on his belly.

“What exactly is your condition, hyung?” asked Sehun seriously.

“…I’m pregnant, Sehun. Just like you heard,” replied Minseok, unable to meet his brat’s eyes.

“Since when?”

“Before the concert.”

“What!? Why in hell am I just now finding out about this?” asked Sehun angrily, looking at his hyungs.

“Don’t look at me. I just found out not too long ago either…” added Luhan anxiously, not wanting to get punched again.

“Hyung, why?” pleaded Sehun to his brother. “Why? Why did you get pregnant? Why did you decide to keep it? Did you not think of what would happen if everyone found out? How could you be so ing stupid!”

“I’m still your hyung, Sehun, so watch that language,” said Minseok sharply, succeeding in shutting Sehun up.

Of course I know what the is going to happen. I’m not an idiot like the deer sitting beside me. Geez…

“Sorry…but why?” asked Sehun again.

“I haven’t mentioned this to mom or Luhan or anyone yet. But I tried to get rid of it when I first found out,” whispered Minseok, more to himself than the two boys next to him. “I…took these pills..and…I thought it would get rid of it.”

“Hyung…” mumbled Luhan quietly.

“But as soon as I took them, I wanted to die. I felt like , and not because of the pills. I felt like because what did this kid ever do to deserve that kind of end?” mumbled Minseok, not realizing he was silently shedding tears.

The sudden guilt of trying to get rid of his daughter, of Lana, made him lose his handle on his emotions. He felt like a monster even if Lana was now healthy. How could I? How could I have ever done that?

Sehun beat Luhan to the bone crushing hug as the younger boy put his arms around his older brother, patting his back silently.

“Hyung, I didn’t know. I’m sorry,” said Sehun in a soothing voice. “Don’t cry please, stop crying.”

“It’s not your place to apologize. I hid this all from you and I feel like complete and utter . Please don’t be too angry with me,” sobbed Minseok quietly into Sehun’s shoulder.

I should be comforting him, not the other way around. When did my brat grow up?

***

“So, what’re you going to do about rehearsals?” asked Sehun as the two brothers drove home from practice. “I mean, the members have started noticing that you don’t dance anymore.”

“I don’t know,” said Minseok mindlessly. “There’s not much I can do now anyways. The truth is going to come out soon, only a matter of time.”

“Do mom and dad know?”

“Yeah, mom figured it out when they were here. She talked to dad about it but he wasn’t too happy.”

“Not shocking at all. Do they know that it’s Luhan hyung’s baby?”

“That would be a hell no. They can’t know…they would lose their . I mean, he’s an EXO member. I’m in some deep , aren’t I? On that note, I need to find other words than …..

“Yeah hyung, you can’t keep that from mom and dad. This is their grandkid. Wow, I’m going to be an uncle. How far along…?

“Sixteen weeks and it’s a girl.”

“You’re having a daughter? That’s going to be different hahah.”

“Are you…happy?”

“Well, besides the fact that the daddy is idiot Bambi, I might as well be okay with all of this. I still can’t believe he knocked you up. What a douche.”

“Two have to play that game for this to happen, Sehun…”

“Ew ew ….wrong image in my head. Stop hyung!”

“Sehun,” said Minseok seriously. “Thank  you.”

“I love you, hyung. And my future niece,” grinned back Sehun.

I love you too little brat.

***

Minseok was glad to get yet another obstacle off his chest.

Man, it seems to be working in my favor…maybe I should just announce it to the world…..okay no. I’m just counting my chickens before they hatch.

So far, his parents, Luhan, and Sehun had found out and managed to stay by his side. The most important people in his life were supporting him. Minseok knew he was extremely lucky to be surrounded by people that loved him and his child. He would never be able to thank them, and he would always be grateful for them.

More so, Minseok knew he would need them now more than ever because it was becoming harder and harder to hide his growing stomach. He wasn’t as agile as before and his weight gain was becoming more apparent.

Perhaps it would be okay to take time off his job. Maybe it was okay to announce the news to the others while leaving the part of Luhan being the dad out. Maybe he could tackle this problem without dragging Luhan into the light.

Hope. Minseok hoped with all his might that he would get through this unscathed. That his family and Luhan would be left out of the ridicule. That his daughter would be born into a world that accepted her and not hated her because of who her parents were.

Fans were scary. The extremely scary ones followed you into bathrooms. They snuck into your house and stole your belongings. They hid cameras in your most safe rooms, and they recorded your personal thoughts.

Minseok threw his hope out into the world, wishing for someone to listen. He wanted to protect his child from harm. He hoped to receive every threat and punishment from the fans instead of his kid. As long as Lana, was safe, nothing would matter.

He had Luhan by his side. He had Lana. And he had hope.

***

“Manager hyung, could I come in for a bit?” asked Minseok as he knocked on the office door.

“Come in Minseok!” called the manager, fixing some papers on his desk. “I was going to call you anyways, there are some events I need to discuss with you.”

“Oh? What events?”

“The Dance for Youth volunteer program is coming up, and I need you to come up with some basic moves the boys can teach the kids. Next week, you’re going to be filling in for a brief session with the rookies on floor two. There’s also a small press conference regarding the commercial shoot EXO just did. They want you to answer some simple questions about the choreography and whatnot.”

“Oh, there’s a lot that needs to be done huh…”

“Yeah, pretty hectic! Why, is there something on your mind?”

Minseok looked at the manager uneasily, trying to find the right words to say but coming up with nothing.

“Um, nothing really! I just wanted to stop by and ask what the upcoming schedule was. I’ll get started on that dance right away…” lied Minseok. Hell, I’m only four months along. I’ll ask for a break in another month or so…

***

“I really like your new house hyung,” said Luhan as he sprawled out on Minseok’s bed in his new bedroom. “Want to break it in?”

“Luhan, I’m not corrupting this brand new house with your ual frustrations just yet,” replied Minseok as he emptied the remaining box and tossed it out of the room. He grabbed the stuffed bunny and sat down on the bed.

“What is that?” asked Luhan curiously.

“This,” said Minseok, holding up the precious white bunny with a green ribbon around its neck,” is Lana’s very first friend, Mr. Whiskers.”

“Mr. Whiskers? Why does he have to be a boy?” pouted Luhan cutely, grabbing the bunny to inspect it.

“Hey, are you jealous?” laughed Minseok as he took in the sight of Luhan cutely fumbling with the bunny. “She isn’t even born yet and Mr. Whiskers is a stuffed bunny!”

“I don’t care what he is. From today on, this is Mrs. Whiskers.”

“You can’t be serious! What’re you going to do when Lana starts dating?”

“She can do that once I’m dead. And if she still decides to do it while I’m alive, then I’ll be right there next to her drinking coffee with the guy.”

“Don’t be so unfair. What am I going to do with you?”

“How about you just do me?”

“Shut it Luhan.”

Minseok laughed as Luhan grabbed him by the waist and pulled him closer, the younger boy tickling him slightly as he tried to get out of his grasp.

“Ugh, get a room you two,” said Sehun as he walked by the open door to his own room.

“We are in a room, brat!” yelled Luhan as he continued to tickle the elder.

Minseok finally freed one of Luhan’s hand and bit down hard.

“!! Hyunnnggg,” he whimpered, holding his poor hand and pouting.

“Ah well, I get nervous when I get tickled…sorry,” apologized Minseok with a smile as he melted at the sight of the pout, planting a slow kiss on the younger boy.

The two boys pulled the covers over themselves as they pressed deeper into each other’s mouths, hands grabbing hair and skin. The heat began to rise as the two grasped each other wantonly, letting their hands roam over each other.

Luhan’s hand made its way down slowly as he slipped it under Minseok’s sweatpants. Minseok let out a slight moan as Luhan began to rub his , swaying his hips with the movements.

“OW!” shrieked Minseok suddenly, hands flinging downward onto his belly.

“! What happened? I’m sorry, did I hurt you? , I didn’t know that would hurt so much…are you sensitive down there or something?”

Minseok paused for a moment, not moving or saying anything as he felt the dull pain again.

“Ow,” repeated Minseok, hands rubbing his belly until he froze. “Luhan, I…I think she’s kicking.”

“What!” cried Luhan as he rested his hand on Minseok’s swollen belly. “She’s aliveeeeee!”

“She’s not Frankenstein’s Creature Luhan,” giggled Minseok as Luhan rubbed his stomach, waiting for their daughter to kick again.

Luhan squealed like a little girl himself when he felt the tiny movements under his hand, mouth open in slight shock as he processed the feeling.

“This is…so cool,” he snickered, looking at the elder with a smile. “This makes me happy…makes me wonder how anyone could ever abandon something like this…”

Minseok knew what Luhan was talking about as he ran his fingers through the younger boy’s hair calmly.

“Let’s not think about your dad right now. It’ll ruin the moment, yeah?” said Minseok soothingly, as he felt another light kick and smiled once more.

“He called me again. He keeps calling my mom and bothering her. Luckily, she’s still in Beijing but she’s coming here soon. She wants to meet you while she’s here, hyung.”

“My parents are moving back to Korea at the end of this week,” said Minseok nervously, anxious about the moment when he’ll have to confront both sets of parents. “And what are you going to do about your dad?”

“I don’t know what he wants. He keeps saying he just wants to talk. What could he possibly have to say?”

“I won’t tell you to do anything, but just think about how you would feel if you wanted to meet Lana in the future and she refused you. I know he was never there for you, Luhan, but it’s never too late to make amends…”

“Lana would never refuse me because I won’t be an like him. I’ll always be there for my kid even when it gets hard. What was his excuse?”

“You’ll know if you meet him.”

“I don’t know…hyung?”

“Yeah, Luhan?”

“If I meet him, will you come with me?”

“If only to stop you from committing bloody murder, then yes Luhan I will come with you.”

 

**********************

 

a/n-: Sup everyone! No cliffhangers this time. It's sort of a filler chapter so I hope it won't disappoint!

This chapter had so much fluff, I almost had a heart attack writing it lol