Chapter 19

Off The Record

The casual flirting and hungry looks Luhan kept sending him during practice made Minseok want to smack the boy’s head for making it so obvious in front of the other members but also jump on his bones and drag him into the discreet little storage room that they were so familiar with.

“Hyung, what’re you doing after practice,” asked Joonmyun as the members scattered to grab their bags and begin to head out.

“My mom wanted me to help her buy some furniture for the new house,” lied Minseok as he avoided Joonmyun’s eyes, feeling guilty yet again for lying to the boys.

“Ah that , we were planning on going cosmic bowling tonight!” exclaimed Kyungsoo, looking at Minseok with hopeful wide eyes.

“Sorry for canceling out on plans again guys, I’ve just been so busy with everything going on,” sighed Minseok.

He knew exactly why he couldn’t go bowling with the other boys, and he saw Luhan send him a small grin before collecting his things and heading out.

***

“Maybe we shouldn’t have done this,” started Minseok as he looked at himself and Luhan, clad in black with facemasks to match.

The two were finally out and about in Seoul for their super-secret undercover date tonight. How Luhan thought this was a good idea was beyond Minseok. The elder boy still couldn’t believe he agreed to the date in the first place. If they were to get caught, it would be disastrous.

“Chill hyung, we won’t get caught,” replied Luhan as he gave the elder directions to their destination. “Hook a left here and keep going straight.”

“How can you be so sure? Plus, where are we going anyways?” wondered Minseok out loud as he made the left.

They were taken onto a quiet, dark road that seemingly led to nowhere.

“Luhan…this can’t be safe…” mumbled Minseok as he searched for any signs of life around but could only see trees and darkness.

“Trust me, we won’t get jumped if that’s what you’re afraid. Plus, you have me to protect you!” laughed Luhan as he gripped the elder’s free hand.

“Please, I’m pregnant and I could still probably kick more than you,” snorted Minseok lightly, grinning when he saw the younger boy pout and sulk lower in his seat.

“You got jokes huh,” replied Luhan, “Let’s see how funny you think it is now…”

Before Minseok even got the chance to ask what the hell Luhan meant, he felt a hand grasp his inner thigh, slowly making its way to his crotch.

“L-Luhan, quit! I’m driving,” yelled Minseok as he squirmed to prevent Luhan from getting too close.

“Hyungggg,” said Luhan sweetly, danger and lust purposely lacing every word as his hand finally reached its destination. “Ever gotten a while driving?”

At the mention of a , Minseok accidentally jerked the car out of shock. Luhan is crazy.

“Okay, okay! I’ll stop geez,” said Luhan, retracting his hand and sitting back in his seat. “Well, we’re here anyways.”

Minseok looked around at their destination, looking around to observe the bumble they had driven to. Exactly how does Luhan know to even come here? If I get stabbed and killed, I will haunt him for eternity.

“Yunho hyung told me about this place,” said Luhan, answering Minseok’s thoughts. “This is his favorite place to come when he wants to get away.”

“Did you tell him about our date?” asked Minseok as they got out of the car and walked towards the dainty little restaurant that seemed to host the only sign of life around for miles.

“Nah, I just told him what’s the best place to go in Seoul where no one would recognize me,” answered Luhan as he held the door open for the elder.

The restaurant was very tiny but cozy. The heaters were blowing full-fledged to counter the cold wind outside.

Minseok peeled off his fluffy jacket and sat down on the floor table, his now visible stomach coming between him and the table as he tried to find a comfortable position to sit.

“Um, should I get the manager to bring you a chair?” asked Luhan as he watched the elder struggle for a little bit before finding a good spot.

“Nah, I’m good for now,” smiled Minseok, patting his stomach. “Lana, be good and I promise to feed you yummy things soon.”

“I never noticed how big you’ve gotten lately,” said Luhan nonchalantly, only to be glared at by the elder. “I mean, you look…hot?”

“Nice save,” said Minseok dryly as he eyed the menu. “This is a Ramyun shop!”

“Yup yup, I figured that’s what you’ve been craving after you gorged on five packs last night,” laughed Luhan, only to get another dirty look in return. “Sorry hyung, it was just funny seeing you tear into that huge bowl. It was like watching a bear tear apart an animal, only you looked like a little hamster….Sehun’s words!”

“Did you ask me out on a date so you could insult my eating habits? It’s your daughter who’s always hungry….idiot,” mumbled Minseok as he scoured the menu, settling on the plain chicken flavored one.

Minseok had never craved for chicken as much as had been lately. He always asked his mom to cook a chicken dish for every meal they had. He hoped Lana wouldn’t be born with feathers and a beak.  

A young waitress came to their table, pen and notepad in hand.

“Hey guys, what can I get for you?” said the girl waiter, looking suspiciously at the boys who still had on their masks.

“One chicken base ramyun and one clam base ramyun please,” answered Luhan, avoiding the girl’s eyes even though she hadn’t recognized the two yet.

“You think she knows?” asked Luhan once the waitress left their table.

“I don’t think so. Plus, you’re the one that brought us here! You should’ve thought that through.”

“I didn’t know they would have a young girl working so late!”

“Don’t get a big head. I’m sure she doesn’t know it’s us. Not every girl knows EXO.”

“Are you serious hyung? It’s EXO. Our faces are everywhere regardless if she’s a fan or not.”

“Well, she didn’t seem to notice. Let’s not worry about it and enjoy our tonight.”

“Sorry hyung, I know it’s not much of a date. I would take you to the movies or amusement park…but I can’t really do that without being caught…”

“Don’t worry about it. I prefer this more,” smiled Minseok reassuringly.

Minseok really didn’t mind not being swept off his feet. He enjoyed the private little restaurant with just him and Luhan without worrying about cameras and swarming fans. He was never a huge fan of extravagance and luxury in the first place, and this date was exactly what he had hoped for. Just the two of them.

“Next time, I’ll take you somewhere different. What about a picnic? Or maybe rent out a cabin in the mountains? Camping? Something different and far away from people? God, I feel bad I can’t do more—” rambled Luhan, running his hand through his hair roughly.

“Seriously Luhan, I like this. I’m happy,” said Minseok as he grabbed Luhan’s other hand across the table and squeezed it tightly.

“You know, I can’t remember my life pre-debut,” said Luhan, gripping the elder’s hand tightly. “I forgot how easy it was to walk outside and not have to worry about people following your every move.”

“Do you regret it? Becoming an idol, I mean?” asked Minseok, sending the younger boy a sympathetic look.

“I don’t regret it because it really makes me happy. I get to do what I love for a living, and not a lot of people get that chance,” answered Luhan. “But at times like this, I feel bad. Most importantly, I’m sorry to Lana. And you.”

“I’m sorry too,” reciprocated Minseok. “Have you realized how much we’ve been apologizing lately? For what exactly, I’m not too sure but I feel guilty.”

“We are hiding this from everyone. Fans, media, the other members…it would be bad if we didn’t feel a little guilty.”

“What would you do if everyone found out tomorrow? What’s the worst that could happen?”

“Well, saesang fans would probably follow me into a dark alley and kick my ? And then maybe I’ll be kicked out of EXO, and then I would have to live on the roadside begging people for scraps of food.”

“You’re so dramatic,” laughed Minseok, relieved Luhan managed to turn the depressing conversation into a joke. It was nice to know that their situation could produce at least a few laughs. “Let’s talk about something else. Let’s make our first date memorable.”

The massive ramyun bowls made their way to the table, and both boys took off their masks carefully to begin eating.

***

“Hyung! Hyung?” called Sehun, knocking on Minseok’s door rapidly. “Hyung, wake up!”

Minseok jerked awake, rubbing his eyes as his mind unwound from the deep sleep he was rudely awoken from.

“Sehun, let me sleep some more,” yawned Minseok as he glanced at his clock which read 7:35am.

“Hyung, I’m coming in,” said Sehun as he opened the door and strode in quickly with a laptop. “Sorry for waking you…but this is important.”

Minseok adjusted his eyes on the screen that Sehun had put in front of him.

EXO MEMBER LUHAN CAUGHT ON SECRET DATE? read the headline in large black letters.

What. The. .

 

******************

a/n-: ahhhh hell yeah, 's about to go down! Lol

Have you all started school too? Good luck and more power to you all!