Chapter 24

Off The Record

“SURPRISE!”

Minseok and Luhan were engulfed into endless hugs and pats on the back as all the EXO members rushed towards them, all of them sporting the silly cone hats with frills coming from the top.

Minseok felt his mouth stretch into a wide smile as he looked around the room. It was decorated with pretty yellow and white streamers with balloons to match. There was a small table in the middle of the dance studio with a light pink cake resting on top.

“What is all of this, guys?” asked Minseok as he made his way to the cake. The tiny writing on it, which read “Congrats on Reproducing”, answered his question. “Okay, you guys are hilarious.”

“We just thought you guys deserved a celebration,” spoke up Yixing with a laugh.

“Sehun filled us in on what happened after all that broke loose yesterday. Lana doesn’t deserve to be condemned like this. This party is for her,” added Baekhyun with a small pop of the confetti.

“I don’t know what else to say except thank you, guys,” replied Luhan, smile wider than the one Minseok was sporting.

“Sehun, what’s wrong? You look mildly disgusted,” observed Chanyeol, pulling the attention of all the other members their way.

“It’s nothing,” retorted Sehun, quickly glancing at his brother before pouting slightly and walking over to the cake. “It’s raspberry flavored, just like you like it hyung.”

Minseok sent a guilty smile to his little brother before pulling him into a tight hug.

“I’m really sorry for everything, Sehun,” whispered Minseok quietly. “I love you so much, brat.”

“Just make sure I’m nowhere near the house when you two bump uglies next time,” replied Sehun with a small snort.

“Geez, why do you have to make it sound so disgusting,” laughed Minseok before pulling away and facing the rest of the members.

Minseok swiped open his phone and pointed it towards the members.

“Who wants to see Lana?”

***

It wasn’t until Kris started slurring his words that Minseok realized the members smelled a little of alcohol. Usually his sense of smell rivaled that of a dog’s, but he couldn’t believe they had managed to sneak alcohol into the building. Do they all have a death wish?

“You guys are going to get caught,” scolded Minseok, not even remembering when the members had the time to even get drunk…..Oh wait, that soda that I can’t drink…. Idiots, all of them.

“Relax hyung,” giggled Luhan, pulling Minseok’s hand and seating the elder beside him. “I don’t think I need to explain how much alcohol helps us feel good, especially with everything going on now.”

“Luhan, you’re drinking at your daughter’s baby shower,” countered Minseok, his tiny lips forming a pout that Luhan immediately kissed away.

The kiss drew a chorus of ‘awws’ as Minseok flushed red and pushed the younger boy away from him, trying to avoid the icky lovey- dovey looks from all of the boys.

“You two are so cute together,” commented Jongin, staggering slightly before falling beside Kyungsoo, resting his head in the doe-eyed boy’s lap. “Just like my Kyungsoo!”

Minseok twisted his neck to face the two so fast his vision went slightly dizzy, but that didn’t stop him from noticing the gaping mouths of the EXO members.

Luhan let out a high pitched squeal when Kyungsoo slapped his hand over Jongin’s mouth, looking up with a pleading look before looking down again and shooting a daggered look to the boy in his lap.

“I knew it!!” shrieked Luhan, pointing at the two with his finger. “I knew you two were ing!”

“ing?! No, we haven’t done anything like that, hyung!” exclaimed Kyungsoo, a desperate look crossing his bright red face. “Jongin, you’re such a bag of crap.”

“Are you two together?” questioned Jongdae, curiosity lacing his every word.

All the members held their breaths as they waited for the answer.

“Yup!” said Jongin happily, only to get smacked on the back of the head by the still blushing Kyungsoo.

"We just like each other,” said Kyungsoo, trying to do some damage control but failing miserably every time Jongin opened his mouth.

“You told me a few weeks ago that we’re officially dating!” pouted Jongin, “I thought you were my boyfriend.”

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin as he bit his bottom lip, knowing the cat was officially out of the bag.

“So let me get this straight,” spoke up Kris. “We have Luhan and Minseok hyung having a baby together. Jongdae and Joonmyun have been each other’s lips off every second they get. And now Kyungsoo and Jongin? Who else is together? Please let me know now so I can save my heart from the shock if I find out later.”

“You know about Jongdae and Joonmyun?” gasped Luhan.

“We all do,” laughed Yixing, sending a reassuring look towards the couple who sat quietly, pale as ghosts. “I walked in on them yesterday in the room upstairs!”

“Me too! Me too,” giggled Luhan as he reached for some more of the spiked soda.

“Sehun?” said Kris, directing everyone’s attention to the maknae who had raised his hand up very quietly. “What’s up?”

“Well, you asked if anyone else was dating,” answered Sehun, hand still raised.

Minseok stared at his little brother, slightly numb from all of the revelations that were coming to light at this unexpected party. , is every secret in the world going to come out today?

Who?” asked Minseok, his heart feeling a little heavy as he realized he was so busy worrying about his own life that he had completely failed to keep up with his own brother’s life. Who do I need to beat up? Give me that bastard’s name.

“You sound angry, hyung,” replied Sehun, avoiding his brother’s question completely.

“I’m not angry. I just want to know who I have to intimidate and scare off.”

“Why would you scare him off? Plus, no one could ever consider you threatening enough.”

“You’d be surprised,” cut in Luhan, earning him a mini glare from the elder.

“Because….you’re my little brother and you can’t be dating anyone.”

“Hyung, don’t be unreasonable. I never told you who you could or couldn’t date.”

“Yeah, but I’m older. Plus, what is the world going to say when half of their beloved EXO members are dating one another?” asked Minseok, looking around to the other boys who were sitting quietly, watching the awkward exchange between him and Sehun. “We already have one scandal in the making with Lana, why are you all putting yourselves in this situation?”

“They’ll be okay with it, right?” perked up Tao, clearly blushing a faint pink and it took Minseok a minute to figure out why.

You! You and the brat are together!” yelled Minseok, pointing at the two in disbelief.

***

“Luhan, at least make an attempt to walk straight,” said Minseok in a muffled voice as he struggled under not only the weight of the younger boy but also the humungous baby car seat all the members had pitched in to buy for them.

Minseok thanked his lucky stars that it was night time and he had parked in the back of the company building. At least this way they wouldn’t have to worry about being seen. He especially didn’t want to be caught holding a drunken Luhan and a baby seat.

“Hyung, I –hic- love you so much!” said Luhan sweetly, sending a blinding white smile towards the puffy elder who was attempting to keep both of their balance as they made their way to the car.

“I can’t believe I put up with you,” retorted Minseok as he finally reached his car and opened it.

He wasted no time in stuffing the half-asleep idiot into the passenger seat, and soon made his way towards the trunk to put the car seat away.

“You’re not supposed to be doing all that heavy lifting while pregnant,” said a deep, gruff voice in broken Korean.

Minseok froze, his back facing the source of the voice and he couldn’t find it in himself to turn around in fear of who it might be.

Am I going to be robbed? ? Killed? Wait….how did this guy even come here? Is he a reporter? . .  …..Okay, Minseok. Be brave. You need to protect Lana first…turn around….

And Minseok turned slowly, pivoting on his heel as he came face to face with the spitting image of Luhan.

Luhan’s father.

Minseok didn’t need anyone to introduce him to the man in front of him. Anyone could clearly tell if they looked close enough that he was the boy’s father.

“Sorry sir, but you’re not allowed to be back here,” was all Minseok could manage to say as he was still reeling back from the initial shock of coming face to face with Lana’s other grandfather.

“You let me worry about that, kid,” spoke Luhan’s dad, his tone unnerving and laced with a hint of vagueness. 

“May I ask what you’re doing here? I’m pretty sure Luhan wasn’t expecting you today,” said Minseok, still frozen in his spot, wishing Luhan would wake up and take him away from the threatening older man, but he was knocked out in the car, lightly snoring away.

“On the contrary, he was expecting me,” replied the man. “Except he never showed up to where we were supposed to meet so I made a few phone calls to his mother.”

“Luhan’s mother told you where he would be?” asked Minseok, feeling anxious and simply wanting to go home and never see the old man again. Why am I getting a bad feeling about him?

“Of course she did. Why wouldn’t she? She knows exactly what will happen to her if she refused me for anything,” chuckled the guy annoyingly.

Minseok must have sported a look of disgust as he heard the older man laugh because suddenly he stopped laughing and now sent Minseok a piercing glare.

Is this guy for real? He finds threatening people funny? Not even just people, but the mother of his only son…

“Relax kid. I’m not here to cause any drama. I just want to have a little chat with my son,” said the older guy, now sporting a crude smirk as he walked closer to Minseok, who only inched back slowly until his back was hitting the trunk of the car. “You’re really going to give birth to that thing?”

Minseok’s eyes followed to where the man was pointing. Lana.

Minseok felt his blood boil. This er has absolutely no respect for anyone, does he?

“That thing is mine and Luhan’s daughter. Unlike you, Luhan plans to be a real man and take responsibility. Maybe it’s because you’re bitter that your own son is a better man than you, but your negativity is certainly not needed. Stay away from me and my family.”

***

“I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck,” yawned Luhan, stretching his lanky limbs in the bed before wrapping his body around the elder once again.

Minseok stayed quiet, his mind still revolving around the events of yesterday.

“Luhan, why did you drink so much yesterday?”

“I didn’t drink that much, did I?”

“You were absolutely -faced when we left the studio.”

“Are you mad, hyung? I’m sorry if I caused any trouble.”

“I’m not mad….it’s just…”

“What is it? Did something happen?”

Minseok swallowed the non- existent saliva in his mouth before answering.

“I met your father at the company.”

What?!”

***

There was definitely luck on Minseok’s side because his parents were coincidentally out of town for the weekend and Sehun was off with the other EXO members at some reality show filming.

Which meant him and Luhan were free to use the house leisurely without interruptions.

Because of everything that happened a few days ago, Luhan was even more on edge than before. Minseok knew it had something to do with the boy’s father, and somehow….just somehow, Minseok had managed to convince Luhan to invite his father over to their house.

And so there they were, sitting on the couch opposite of the older man Minseok had nearly cussed out a few nights ago.

“Nice house,” said Mr. Lu smugly, looking around with his beady eyes.

“Stop harassing my mother,” snarled Luhan, not bothering to watch his words because Minseok could clearly tell the younger boy was pissed.

“Thank you, Mr. Lu,” said Minseok in a small voice. He could feel Luhan sending a small glare his way, but Minseok wanted their conversation to go as smoothly as possible.

“You could learn some manners from him, Luhan,” smirked the old man.

“Stop harassing my mother,” repeated Luhan, teeth clenched as he struggled to remain seated and not punch the smug look off his father’s face.

“Who else do I go to when you won’t pick up my calls? I thought we agreed to meet up. Don’t blame me for wanting to know my own son’s whereabouts,” replied Mr. Lu

Minseok knew he shouldn’t be sitting here. He thought he should leave and give Luhan some time alone with the old man, but Luhan had managed to hold an iron death grip on his hand which let him know he was desperately needed there.

“I thought I made everything clear when I sunk my fist in your guts back then, but apparently you might need a few more before you learn to back off,” spit out Luhan, knuckles white from squeezing Minseok’s hand.

Hearing Luhan so angry and threatening made Minseok feel a little hot and bothered. Okay Minseok….really not the time to be having dirty thoughts….really not the time…but damn Luhan, I should make you angry more often….Lord have mercy.

“Is that how your mother taught you to behave with your elders? I thought she was sensible but seeing how she raised a beast, makes me not regret my decision,” said Mr. Lu, voice devoid of any emotion as he stared at Luhan with expressionless eyes.

Minseok felt a twitch of annoyance as he sat there processing the metric ton of bull the man before them was spewing.

“Why are you here?” said Minseok loudly, anger rising in his body as he chalked up the flaring emotions to his hormones. Might as well let Lana take care of this bastard. I will not be held responsible for what she makes me do.

“Lulu here knows exactly what I want,” answered the crusty old fart.

“I don’t care. I want to hear it from you.”

“Well, for starters, seeing as how my son is a world famous idol and his little boyfriend is the choreographer, I assume you both are loaded. How about you two help me out a little or I tell the ing world about the little growing inside of you.”

 

 

*************

a/n-: ............harsh? Aren't y'all proud of me? I managed to angst it up a little, not that we need anymore of that right now but still lol