Chapter 9

Consider Me

 

The night sky was brighter than yesterday since a newly born couple was walking down the street, hand in hand. You were not sitting in a fancy car, with the man holding your hand while his other hand stuck on the steering wheel. You understood that he was still in the process of being successful and you were willing to be on his side, accompanying him. Your other hand was tightly holding the beautiful bouquet of blue roses that had been the witness of the younger’s confession. On the other hand, Yugyeom was holding the special teddy bear which had been the messenger of his heart. No words were exchanged but both of you really enjoyed the atmosphere and treasured the moment as love sparks in between. As both of you were walking, a boy stopped his steps and stood straight in front of you and Yugyeom. Not too close yet not too far.

“Hey, Mark!” You beamed as you flashed your sweet smile.

Mark didn’t say anything as he landed his eyes on the intertwined hands of you and Yugyeom. You quickly realized his gaze and swung your hand and Yugyeom’s.

“Yugyeom just confessed to me.” You looked up to the maknae and grinned.

Yugyeom looked at you and smiled, nodding in response.

“You should congratulate us!” You dragged Yugyeom and walked cheerfully towards Mark, who was still standing there emotionlessly.

Mark cleared his throat and unconsciously took a step back as you were getting closer. He quickly shifted his gaze and inhaled a deep breath.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Yugyeom asked.

“I-I am going to the mart.” Mark answered trying to maintain his usual tone, but sounded too gloomy.

“Are you sick?” You pulled your hand away from Yugyeom’s and placed it on Mark’s forehead.

The red haired boy was caught off guard and flinched by your touch. He quickly removed your hand, not in a harsh way.

“No, I am just tired.” He said with a smile as if nothing happened.

You tilted your head in confusion and smacked his arm playfully.

“Good thing, then!” You smiled. “I think it’s already late, I’m going home.”

You walked towards your boyfriend and hugged him. You looked up to his eyes and mouthed “I Love You”. Yugyeom flashed his best smile and caressed your cheek. You broke the hug and took the teddy bear from his hand. You waved goodbye and turned around.

“Good night, Mark!” You also hugged him, but he only stood there like a statue. “Take a rest.” You weren’t bugged when he didn’t hug back since you knew he was tired, he might be not in the mood.

 

MARK’S POV

 

I shifted my gaze towards her back that slowly disappeared as she walked into her apartment building. I turned my head and saw the youngest standing there with a smile in his face, looking at the building door to check on her. His smile was probably the brightest and the most sincere I’ve ever seen. They must be very happy. He then shifted his gaze and walked towards me.

“Hyung, she accepted me!” He beamed and suddenly hugged my body.

Again, my heart was aching for the umpteenth time since I bumped to them. I bit my lips and slowly patted the overly excited maknae.

“C-congratulation.” I pulled away and grinned.

“Thank you, hyung.” He smiled again, looking very sincere.

“There’s no need to thank me. I did nothing.” I raised my eyebrow.

“What do you want to buy at the mart, hyung?” Yugyeom grinned.

“I just want to buy banana milk.” I answered as I walked into the mart.

“But it’s late already, you’re not usually going out this late.” He followed me into the mart.

“Yeah, I just couldn’t sleep.” I answered with my normal tone and expression.

Yugyeom was following me until I paid at the cashier. I decided to have a sit in front of the mart and drink my milk. Yugyeom took a seat on my west as he played with his fingers. I was not ignoring him, it’s just usual for us to have limited conversation, since most of our topics were about _________.

“Hyung.” He suddenly called out.

“Yeah?” I looked at him.

“You must be a very special person for her, I guess.” He genuinely smiled, his tone was stable and calm.

“What do you mean?” I started to feel guilty and asked him cautiously.

“I mean she would still treat you the same way as nothing happened. Like when he hugged you in front of me.” He answered carefully.

“A-are you jealous?” I asked worriedly. “I-I…”

He looked up and found my worried eyes. He slightly laughed and waved his palm.

“No, hyung! I’m not jealous.” He nagged. “It’s just I feel proud to have someone like her. She really treasures people whole heartedly.”

I softened and I unconsciously smiled as I thought about her. Yeah, she is. Her heart is very soft and kind. She never hated people, she never held grudges and she’s always selfless. I am also very proud to have someone like her. But someone was lucky enough to be able to call her as his.

“Yeah, and you are one lucky boy, you know?” I smiled and playfully smacked the maknae’s arm.

“I am, hyung. I never thought she would be this happy when I confessed to her. Even I was not sure that she would accept me.” He slightly laughed.

“She likes you very much, how come she doesn’t accept you?” I playfully scoffed.

“But she also likes you.” He boldly stated.

“Yugyeom-ah, the way she likes me is not the same as she likes you.” I smiled, trying hard not to express my feeling.

Yugyeom just nodded and I stood up.

“Let’s go home, we have to practice tomorrow.” I commanded him to also stand up.

“Practice? Oh my God, I almost forgot!” He face palmed himself.

“Babo.” I laughed at him and led the way to our dorm.

 

END OF MARK’S POV

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Two boxes of chicken and three bottles of Cola, please.” You mentioned to the cashier lady.

“How many empty glasses should I give you?” She asked with a smile.

“Seven glasses, please.” You answered.

“The total is 38 thousand won.”

“Here.” You handed the bills and moved to the pick-up counter.

You just got out from campus and decided to bring the boys some snacks. They have been practicing since morning and it’s already evening. You took out the boxes of chicken and cola and walked to the company. The store was not that far so it’s not really a weight for you.

“HELLO GUYS!” You screamed as you slowly kicked the practice room door open.

“Noona~!” Bambam beamed as he saw your reflection through the mirror.

The boys who were silently practicing by themselves turned their heads and ran towards you.

“Oh my God, chicken!” Jackson quickly snatched the boxes and sat down on the floor in the middle of the room without even seeing your eyes.

“Ya! Jackson!” You shouted while handing the cola bottles to Junior who was on your left.

“Thank you, _______!” Jackson shouted with mouth full of chicken.

You scoffed and ran into Yugyeom’s embrace, but you quickly pulled away.

“Ewww~ My baby smells.” You playfully and pinched your nose.

“Eyyy~ Noona…” He nagged and his cheek blossomed into crimson red.

“Just kidding.” You grinned and hugged him once again and he patted your head.

“Thank you for the chicken, _______-ah.” JB thanked you while sipping the coke.

“My pleasure, JB oppa.” You smiled.

“Oppa?!” Yugyeom exclaimed.

“Yeah, why?” You playfully rolled your eyes cynically towards him.

“You should call me oppa too.” He nagged.

“There’s no way I would call you oppa, you’re younger than me.” You stuck your tongue out.

“But I’m…” He said in disappointment.

“You what?” Again you playfully said with an attitude.

“I’m your boyfriend!” Yugyeom suddenly shouted and faked a fierce expression.

He smacked his body over you, causing both of you to fall onto the ground. Instead of feeling pain, you felt his arms were sustaining your body so you landed on his arms. You quickly flicked his forehead and kissed his cheek. Yugyeom smiled and balanced your body so now you sat on the floor.

“Mark! Eat slowly or you will choke to death.” You playfully yelled at Mark who was stuffing his mouth with chicken and corn salad.

He just grinned at you and continued to eat.

“Yugyeom-ah, why are you not eating?” You cupped his cheek and pouted.

“I’m on diet, noona.” He smiled.

“Ya, you don’t have to diet anymore. Your body is perfect already.” You pinched his cheek.

“Really?” He wiggled his eyebrows and smiled mischievously at you. “So you have seen my bare body?” He emphasized the word “bare”.

“N-no!” You quickly pulled away and defend yourself.

“Yah~ My baby noona is a y.” Yugyeom continued to tease you while playfully covered his body with his arm.

“No! I have never done that!” You felt your cheeks heat up.

“Arasseo, arasseo.” He gave in and patted your head.

You pouted and leaned towards the group to take couple of chicken pieces.

“Here, eat.” You handed a chicken to Yugyeom who was smiling while staring at you.

“Eat well, baby.” You shoved the chicken into his mouth since you knew that he was signaling you to feed him.

You were also munching the chicken while facing Yugyeom. Both of you created a tiny spot away from the group, but not too far. You guys could barely meet each other since GOT7 just ended their holiday and began practicing for a comeback. Yugyeom also had to go to school which made both of you harder to meet, so you really treasure the time you got with him.

“Noona, you got something on your face.” Yugyeom smiled and slightly laughed.

“Really?” You carelessly wiped your mouth.

“It’s not on your mouth noona, but your whole face.” He laughed even more teasing you.

“Aish, what is it?” You dragged your body closer to the mirror on your right to see your face.

“There’s nothing on my face, Yugyeom-ah. Stop teasing me.” You snickered.

“It’s there noona, can’t you see it?” He said being persistent.

“No, I don’t see anything. Tell me.” You nagged.

“It’s beauty.” He smiled.

Your jaw dropped and your cheeks were definitely burning. You bit your lips and you couldn’t restrain yourself from smiling.

“AISH THIS KID!” You laughed when you saw JB put on an angry face and glared at Yugyeom.

The rest of the packs were squirming and crumpled their fingers due to your boyfriend’s cheesiness. You dragged your body back to his side and linked your arm with his. You leaned your head on his shoulder and laughed while the others were still glaring at him. Yugyeom just stuck his tongue out and rested his head on yours.