Chapter 7

Consider Me

 

YUGYEOM’S POV

 

I sat leaning to the back of the chair, tilting my head to the right, closing my eyes and listened to the music plugged to my earphone. I was 15 minutes early for the class so I took the short time to sleep. It was only 5 minutes since I enjoyed my time until I felt a pair of hands from the back circled around my neck, down to my collarbone. I also felt a face being so close to mine, I shot my eyes open and looked down. I saw the hand wearing a bracelet and I could tell who is it right away.

“Yerin, what are you doing?!” I scoffed and yanked her hands away.

I took of my ear phones and turned my body facing her. She was pouting and then smiled at me.

“I missed you.” She said while trying to be cute.

“Just go away.” I coldly said and turned my body facing the front.

I felt her shifted her seat beside me and she linked her arm with mine.

“Yugyeom-ah, my baby…” She leaned her head to my shoulder. “Don’t be mad at me anymore.”

I looked at her emotionlessly and gently slipped my arm away from her grip. She blinked her eyes a few times and looked at me with her puppy eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She pouted again and hung her head low. “I didn’t mean to cheat on you.”

“Yeah, I forgave you already.” I said calmly while looking down, scrolling my phone randomly.

“Can’t we be together again?” She slowly nagged. “Let’s start over and be happy together.”

“I’m sorry Yerin, we‘re over.” I said maintaining my calm voice, trying my best to not hurt her.

We were a couple for a year, but unfortunately we broke up three months ago. She cheated on me by secretly having an affair and slept with a senior. I found it out through another friend of mine. It really hurt me that she could be so heartless. She tried hard to apologize and gained my love back but I was too disappointed with her. She meant nothing to me anymore but I still appreciate her. I already considered her as just a friend.

“But we can start it again.” She said with a shaky voice. “I promise I will never repeat my mistake.”

“Thanks for your promise, but I’m sorry Yerin.” I said softly, staring her wet eyes.

Her tears fell down and she wiped it harshly. She sobbed a few times and stormed out of the class. I sighed. She was my first love. I treasured her more than anything, but she really broke me with her unexpected action. I still couldn’t believe that she cheated on me but the proofs were too convincing. I was drowned in my thoughts of her until _______ noona flashed through my mind. I remembered that I was planning to confess to her tomorrow.

Ever since I broke up with Yerin, I lost any interest in creating another relationship. I was a bit scared with the fact that I might get hurt and cheated like before. I admitted that I’m a coward, but it just hurt so bad I couldn’t bear it for the second time. However, my interest grew again when I saw ________ noona. I met her for the first time and fell for her right away. Not just because of her beauty but also her personality that made me feel butterflies in my stomach whenever she’s with me. Day by day I got to know her and I was sure that she was the one that fitted my heart.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I walked out the school and walked towards a flower shop at the end of the street. I was not far enough from school and Yerin appeared again, running towards me.

“Yugyeom-ah…” She smiled. “May I ask you a favor?”

I hesitated a bit but I shrugged any negative thoughts and treated her fairly like a friend.

“What is it?” I smiled a bit.

“Can you go with me tomorrow? I am going to look for a dress for my parent’s anniversary.” She said with hopeful eyes.

“Oh, I’m sorry Yerin, but I have a thing to do tomorrow.” I kindly answered.

“What is it? Is it important?” She pouted. “Please go with me just this time.”

“Yeah, it is very important.” I smiled. “Maybe next time? Just ask Jimin to accompany you.”

“U-uh. S-so you really can’t go with me tomorrow?” She said in disappointment.

I slowly nodded my head.

“I-it’s okay then!” She suddenly beamed. “But you promised to go with me next time, okay?” She raised her pinky finger.

I quickly regretted that I promised her such thing, she might think I gave her hope again, but I couldn’t take it back. I awkwardly intertwined my pinky with her and quickly pulled away.

“I guess I have to go now.” I waved my hand.

“See you, Yugyeom-ah.” She smiled widely and waved.

I turned my back and walked down the street. I was a bit annoyed with her but I didn’t want to be such a jerk who treated a girl like a trash. I sighed and look around to find the flower shop.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ahjumma~” I walked into the shop and looked for the florist.

“Welcome, young man.” The ahjumma appeared from behind the counter and greeted me.

“Good evening, ahjumma~” I bowed. “I’m looking for blue roses, do you have any?”

“Of course I do.” She walked ahead of me, towards a bucket full of the roses I was looking for.

“C-can I have a bouquet of it?” I nervously said.

“Aigoo~ Of course you can.” She smiled and began picking the blue roses. “Who are you giving this to? Your girlfriend?”

“A-ah.. I’m just going to confess to her tomorrow.” I shyly answered and rubbed the back of my neck.

“Your soon-to-be-girlfriend must be lucky to have you.” She chuckled. “You are such a handsome, tall and romantic kid.”

“N-no. I’m the one who’s lucky to have her.” I smiled to myself.

“Aigoo, you are just so sweet.” The ahjumma smiled and started to create a pretty bouquet of the blue roses.

I stood there watching her skillful hands arranging the roses. After 15 minutes, the bouquet was done and I paid for it.

“Thank you so much, ahjumma.” I bowed and exited the shop.

“Good luck for your confession.” She cheered and waved.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I’m home!” I took off my shoes and jogged into the house.

“Why are you so late, maknae?” JB looked at me.

The members were gathering around the dining table and eating dinner. Everyone stared at my hands that were holding a bouquet of blue roses.

“Y-ya! Did you buy that?” Jr hyung pointed at the roses and said with mouth full of rice.

“Yes, hyung.” I shyly answered.

“I guess that’s for _______ noona?” Bambam said.

I put the bouquet into my room and walked towards the dining table. I took a sit on the empty chair between Mark and JB.

“Yes, I want to confess to her tomorrow.” I said while scooping rice for myself.

Mark carelessly spitted his food and quickly wiped his mouth. Everyone looked at him confusedly.

“Are you okay, Mark?” Jr asked.

“Y-yes, I just choked on the fish.” Mark stuttered.

The gazes went away from Mark and everyone continued to focus on eating.

“So Yugyeom, are you really going to confess to ________?” Jackson asked. “With that face?” He teased.

“Hyunngggg~” I nagged at him and everyone laughed.

“Don’t you think it’s too fast?” Mark silently asked.

I looked at him and he stared at me. I quickly smiled.

“I think it’s not, hyung. I am firm with my feeling.” I convinced him and he just nodded.

“Can we have a talk later?” Mark calmly asked.

“Of course. I also want to ask something.” I smiled.

 

END OF YUGYEOM’S POV

 

Yugyeom and Mark stood at the balcony, side by side. They were out for a talk about you, obviously. Yugyeom and Mark had been closer with each other since you were involved in their lives. Yugyeom would often ask about you and Mark would sometimes ask about Yugyeom’s feeling towards you.

“Yugyeom-ah.” Mark began. “Do you think she will accept you?” He asked calmly, with no offense of course.

“I-I think… y-yes.” Yugyeom stuttered. Honestly he was scared and still not sure whether you would accept him or no.

“If she does, please don’t disappoint her.” Mark said, still with the same tone.

“Of course, hyung. I will try my best to always make her smile.” Yugyeom smiled. “Since she brought my smiles back.”

“Good thing.” Mark nodded. “By the way, have you cleared your matter with Yerin?”

“Yes, I have cleared it. But recently she comes again and begs me to get back with her.”

“Then what do you think of getting together with _______? Will it be okay?”

“Yeah, I will make sure that everything’s okay. I have no feelings for Yerin anymore.”

“B-but what if she gets jealous of you and _______?”

“I will take care of that thing.” Yugyeom smiled. “Hyung, perhaps…” He hesitated. “Do you like _______ noona?”

 

MARK’S POV

 

I froze at his question. How should I answer this one? Should I be honest and tell him that I liked her? I kept silent for a moment and took a deep breath.

“Yeah, I do like her.”

Yugyeom looked at me confusedly, I could see anxiety in his eyes.

“But don’t worry, I only consider her as my sister.” I gulped and felt my heart clenched.

Yugyeom smiled in relief and looked back to the empty space.

“Thanks, hyung.”

“For what?”

“For bringing her to my life.” Yugyeom patted my arm and I slowly nodded.

He walked inside and closed the door, leaving me alone at the balcony. I stared at the empty space and sighed.

“Why are you so stupid, Mark?” I said to myself. “Do you really think you can handle this?” I bitterly chuckled.

I guess I have gone mad. I even talked to myself. I clenched my fists and held my tears back from falling down. I guess this is the right thing for me to do. I didn’t want to hurt _______ by being selfish and told her my feeling. I didn’t want to break her smiles which clearly appeared every time she talked about Yugyeom. I could feel that she liked him a lot. She might even love him already. Knowing that Yugyeom also being so hopeful and firm with his feeling, I couldn’t break anyone’s heart with my selfishness. I didn’t think that ________ would have the same feeling for me as I did for her. I lost my confidence of making her mine, so no matter what my decision is, I would get hurt. It’s better for just one to suffer, rather than three.