Chapter 10

Consider Me

 

“Mark, could you help me with this?” You whispered to him who was seriously working on his essay beside you.

“Wait a minute.” He continued to type on his laptop while slowly moving his body towards you, but his eyes were still locked on the screen.

“Mark, hurry up before the lecturer comes in.” You nagged and pulled him away from his laptop.

Mark followed your gesture and landed his eyes on your laptop screen.

“Here, what should I do with the content structure? I don’t know the sequence.” You pointed at the screen.

“First, make the introduction.” He commanded as you typed.

“Then?” You looked at him who was resting his head on the table.

“Second is the body, which is the elaboration of the essay.” He continued.

“And…” You looked at him again only to find him closing his eyes. “Mark!” You nagged to bring his senses back.

“Yeah, the third one is the conclusion.” He answered lazily while his eyes were still closing.

“Pffttt.. Thank you my Marky Mark.” You poked his cheek.

“________-ah, do you want to go have some ice cream after class?” You turned your head towards Mark and saw him grinning.

“Ice cream? Sure! I never reject ice cream.” You beamed.

Mark just laughed and ruffled your hair. By the moment, the lecturer came in and Mark shifted back to his original position. The class went for another 40 minutes and you guys were dismissed.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oh my God, Mark! This flavor is so delicious, you should’ve told me earlier!” You cheered while your ice cream.

“I’ve told you before but you always stick with your favorite.” Mark stuck his tongue out.

“Hehe, my bad.” You grinned and nudged him.

Both of you were sitting in front of the ice cream shop at the park. The sky was still bright even it’s already 7 pm, it’s summer anyway. You and Mark were busy laughing and teasing each other while endlessly the ice cream in your hands. It only lasted for 10 minutes until you felt your phone vibrated.

 

BAMBAM CALLING…

 

You tilted your head in confusion and picked up the call.

“Hello?” You spoke.

“Noona! Hurry up, come here!” Bambam said frantically through the phone.

“Bambam? What happen? Is there something wrong?” You asked in confusion.

“Yes, noona! Hurry up come here, I can’t deal with this by myself.” He said panicly.

“Bambam, calm down. Tell me what’s happening.” You asked trying to calm the one on the other line.

“Yugyeom! Yugyeom is fighting, noona!” Bambam shouted impatiently.

“What?! Where are you? Is he okay?!” You started to panic and stood up, Mark confusedly looked at you and followed your move.

“No, he’s not okay noona. He’s being beaten by a gang.” Bambam continued.

“Where are you now?!” You shouted frantically.

“I’m at sch---- ARGH!” Bambam screamed and the line went off.

You assumed that he also got beaten by the gang. You quickly grabbed Mark’s hand and dragged him to go with you.

“________, calm down. What happen?” He asked you worriedly while being dragged by you.

You didn’t answer but kept on walking very fast to the street side to catch a taxi.

“________, stop! Tell me what happen?!” Mark shook your body and turned you to face him.

Your lips trembled and your face was stained with sweats.

“Yugyeom and Bambam are fighting with a gang. They’re being beaten!” You said in panic.

Mark gulped and he didn’t say any words since he understood the situation. He quickly caught a taxi and escorted you into the vehicle. You couldn’t stop moving and flicking your fingers nervously while Mark was busy guiding the driver to Yugyeom and Bambam’s school. Ten minutes later you and Mark arrived at their school and you immediately ran towards the backyard. When you got there, you saw a bunch of people were punching each other and two girls frantically watching from the side. You ran towards the pack and threw your body into the crowd.

“STOP!” You shouted and the boys were in shock, they stopped moving and glared at you.

“_______-ah.” You looked to your left and found Yugyeom was lying on the ground, clutching his stomach.

“Yugyeom!” You quickly moved to his side and held his head on your lap.

His face was awfully bruised and his nose and lips were bleeding. You brushed his sweaty bangs that covered his forehead and you helped him to get up.

“ARGH!” Yugyeom groaned when he tried to bend his body to sit.

“Is she another of yours?!” The boy who was standing in front of you and Yugyeom shouted.

You shifted your gaze towards him and gave him a glare.

“WATCH YOUR MOUTH!” Yugyeom shouted furiously

“What a playboy!” The boy moved his feet, ready to kick Yugyeom but one of the two girls jumped in and blocked him.

“Stop!” She screamed and everyone glared at her.

“What?! Are you siding him?! Can’t you see he already has a girl?!” The boy shouted and she flinched.

The girl turned his head towards you and Yugyeom, made your jaw dropped. You realized that the girl was Yerin, a singer under the same company as GOT7. You tried hard to process what’s being talked about and you felt your tears swelled up. You looked up again to Yerin only to gain a confused yet jealous glare from her. You then slowly turned your gaze to Yugyeom who was looking at you apologetically.

“_______-ah, it’s not like what you think.” You felt the butterflies in your stomach woke up whenever he called you without honorifics. You loved it. You bit your lips and tried to restrain your tears from falling.

“I know, let’s go home.” You calmly spoke and helped Yugyeom to stand up.

He was too heavy for you so you could also barely stand up. In a sudden, you felt the weight became lighter and you saw to the other side and found Mark was sustaining more than half of your boyfriend’s weight. You looked around and found Bambam was standing on his feet while crouching down a bit. He was not injured as bad as Yugyeom, since he was not the target. The four of you walked through the gang and the girls while earning death glares from them.

“Yugyeom-ah..” Yerin shamelessly jumped in front of Yugyeom and tugged on his shirt.

“Get. Lost.” You were shocked when you heard Yugyeom said with so much force and pressure in his voice, almost sounded like a curse.

Yerin clenched her teeth and backed off, only to be harshly grabbed by the furious boy earlier. You just shrugged it off and began walking leaving them.

“I’m not done with you, son of a !” You heard the boy cursed behind your back but no one responded to him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Argh!” It’s been the umpteenth time Yugyeom groaned since the trip to the dorm.

“Wait here, I’ll be back with the aid kit.” You his hair and walked away to take the kit.

You walked back to the couch with the kit in your hands and found Mark silently sit while playing with his phone at the other side of the couch.

“Mark, where is Bambam?” You worriedly asked.

“He went to shower.” Mark answered with a flat tone without looking at you.

You just sighed and turned your attention towards Yugyeom who was bearing the pain all over his body.

“Yugyeom-ah, bear with me, okay?” You said in a soothing voice and he nodded a little.

You started to pour alcohol on a cotton ball, then pressed it to the bruised and cuts on his face.

“Ouch!” He flinched at your touch.

“I’m sorry, but your wounds have to be cleaned.” You said apologetically and continued to gently pat the cotton.

“Noona, you’re not mad with me right?” Yugyeom slowly said with a nervous voice.

“No, I’m not.” You said with a little smile while carefully treating his wounds.

“I-I’m sorry.” His voice started to crack. “I-It’s not like---“

“Ssshh.. I know, stop apologizing. I’ll let you explain later when you get better.” You smiled genuinely at him.

You finally finished treating the wounds on his face, but it’s not the end of the work. You commanded him to take off his shirt so you could check on the wounds on his body. You helped him took off his shirt since he wasn’t able to do it by himself. You gasped when you saw a huge bruise on his lower left abdomen and several cuts on his arms. You gently pressed his bruised spot and Yugyeom groaned in pain.

“Does it hurt that much?” You worriedly asked.

You looked up at him and he was clutching his eyes and slowly nodded. You sighed and cleaned the dirt from his bruise. You then gently applied a gel to help the bruise to recover. You were relieved that there weren’t any open cuts on his body. You were busy treating your boyfriend until you heard a thump from Mark’s direction. You turned your head towards him and saw his back leaving the living room. You were confused that he looked so mad since all of you arrived at home.

“Is Mark hyung mad at me?” You heard Yugyeom nervously asked and you saw guilt in his eyes.

“N-no, why would he mad at you?” You stuttered.

You were also confused and worried that Mark was mad at you or Yugyeom. You started to feel guilty that the incident just ‘broke’ your little ‘ice cream date’, but you thought that there was no reason for him to be mad. Yugyeom was your boyfriend after all, Mark should understand that you were worried about him.

“Thank you, ______-ah. Sorry for making you worry.” Yugyeom said while your hair.

“It’s okay, baby. Please don’t get into any fights again.” You said while tidying the aid kit.

“Yeah, and please don’t misunderstand, okay?” He said worriedly.

“I won’t, Yugyeom baby.” You laughed because he was so cute that he was afraid that you might misunderstand and mad at him.

Honestly you really didn’t take anything to heart since there were no proof and you hadn’t heard Yugyeom’s explanation.

“I love you, now have a rest.” You smiled and kissed his cheek.

You put the aid kit back to its place and returned to Yugyeom to help him put on a shirt and escorted him to his bedroom.

“I love you more, ________-ah.” He said while gently pinching your cheek.

You rubbed his hand and smiled. You covered him with a blanket and kissed his forehead. You stayed there for a couple of minutes until he fell asleep. You watched his face and realized that you had the most handsome boyfriend in the universe. You couldn’t imagine how much you love his bold face lines, his tall nose and his soft plump lips. You loved every side of him, even if now you’re like a big sister who took care of her little brother, that’s what made you felt complete. With him, you felt like you have a brother and a boyfriend. He knew when he should be the man and protect you. You just loved him unconditionally and he’s your everything.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You slowly closed the door behind you and went to the living room to take your bag. When you got there, you saw Mark sitting on the couch while randomly flipping the TV channels.

“Mark…” You called out.

He didn’t answer nor look at you. You then sat on his left side. You watched his face and it showed no emotion. Almost like he was asleep but his eyes were opened.

“Mark, I’m sorry.” You said in a low voice, placing your hand on his shoulder.

Mark still didn’t answer. He looked at your hand on his shoulder and slowly slipped it off. You were confused by his action and was taken aback. You searched for his eyes but he still didn’t look at you.

“Mark, are you okay?” You asked, starting to feel guilty.

“Yeah.” He answered very shortly.

“A-are you mad?” You started to afraid that he’s mad because you’ve never seen him like this.

“No.” Again his tone was firm.

“Why are you ignoring me?” You asked nervously.

“Just go home, it’s already late.” He said in a very flat tone, still piercing his eyes to the TV.

“Mark, please tell me what’s wrong.” You worriedly shook his body only to be jerked with his force.

You flinched and backed off a little. Your shoulders dropped and you hung your head low.

“I-I’m sorry.” Your voice started to crack and tears swelled up in your eyes.

“No need to be sorry.” Mark said with the same tone as before, still not looking at you.

You inhaled a deep breath and restrained your tears from falling. You took your bag and stood up.

“Good night, Mark.” You slowly said and walked out of the living room.

You walked with your head hung low and your shoulder fell. You then looked up and saw Junior with a concerned face. You forced a smile and slightly bowed at him. He gave you a smile and patted your shoulder.

“Be careful, good night.” He gave his best smile and patted your head.

You just nodded and walked out of the dorm.

 

MARK’S POV

 

I heard the door clicked and sighed. I ruffled my hair and threw the remote to my side. I felt the couch sank and saw Jr was glaring at me.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked with a serious tone.

“What do you mean?” I answered flatly while hanging my head low and closed my eyes.

“Why did you treat her like that?” He maintained his seriousness, made me open my eyes and saw his facial expression.

“It’s up to me.” I answered carelessly and glared at him.

“Are you jealous?” He asked.

“Me?! Jealous?! HA!” I furiously snickered. “None of your business.” I took another glare and left him.

I walked into my room and slammed the door behind me. I threw my body onto the bed and closed my eyes in frustration. I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lips very hard. It’s just so difficult to bear the pain right now. Why couldn’t anyone understand me? I screamed in my head.

 

END OF MARK’S POV