Chapter 17

Consider Me

 

The problem was quickly solved and GOT7 was finally able to have their comeback soon. You, as usual were sitting on the couch at the practice room since you once again got home early due to the absent lecturer. Fortunately, no assignments were given this time so you could hang there until the boys finished practicing. As you were laughing at the silly actions Jackson made, the practice room door cracked open and everyone turned their head towards the direction of the sound. You stopped laughing and saw Yerin looked a bit startled as she saw that the room was occupied. She slightly bowed her head and entered the room quietly to take her bag at the corner of the room. The boys continued doing their business and ignored her presence until you heard a familiar voice called her name.

“Yerin.” Yugyeom suddenly called out and everyone stared at him curiously, including you.

Yerin who was putting stuffs into her bag was caught off guard as she quickly looked at Yugyeom.

“Yeah?” She managed to answer calmly.

“I want to ask you something.” Yugyeom narrowed his eyes and his tone sounded so firm.

Yerin paused a bit as she tightened her grip on her bag.

“What is it?” This time she stood up and smiled.

“Perhaps, are you the one who took the picture of me and ________?” Yugyeom went straight to the point, causing everyone to look at him confusedly.

Yerin froze at his question. She looked very tensed as she was clutching the sides of her skirt. She then cleared and her expression softened.

“Y-yeah, I did.” She suddenly looked apologetic and hung her head low.

Everyone in the room gasped as your furrowed your eyebrows unbelievably. Yugyeom looked rather calm as he sighed.

“What?! Yerin, how could you—“ Jackson sounded upset and he was about to step forward but Yugyeom stopped him, still maintaining his gaze on Yerin.

Jackson looked at the maknae in pure confusion and made a “what the hell is wrong with you” face.

“Why did you do that?” Yugyeom once again asked in an angry tone but still sounded calm.

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows as she didn’t expect him to ask her why. She started to look uncomfortable as she bit her lips.

“I asked once more, why did you do that?!” Yugyeom started to raise his voice.

You quickly moved beside him and put your hands on his shoulder, but he was still staring angrily at Yerin.

“I-I….” Yerin clutched her skirt more tightly as she was still looking down. “I was jealous.” She looked up and her eyes were already wet.

The boys looked at her in disgust as they started to get mad. Their breathing got heavier and JB began to hiss.

“Damn it!” Jackson harshly punched his fist to the wall behind him, made everyone startled.

“I-I’m sorry.” Tears finally slipped Yerin’s eyes as she was looking at you apologetically.

“Sorry?!” Jackson asked cynically. “After you put their relationship AND our group in the line?” He asked angrily.

“I’m so---“ She said between her sobs only to get cut.

“I’m so disappointed at you, Yerin. I didn’t know that you were this low!” Yugyeom stated in a very bold tone, causing Yerin to drop her jaw and fell sitting on the floor.

“Stop talking to her like that. She said sorry already.” You said as you rushed to her side and rubbed her back.

Yerin startled and she looked at you in pure confusion and disbelief. You gave her an assuring smile and she once again hung her head low as she quietly muttered “I’m sorry”. You nodded and continued to rub her back, soothing her. You then looked up to the boys who were looking at you in disbelief.

“Don’t stare at us like that.” You calmly spoke.

They cleared their throat and rolled their eyes. Yugyeom took a step forward as you helped Yerin to stand up.

“Don’t you dare to mess with us anymore.” Yugyeom said in a very firm tone as his voice was piercing through the silence.

You were about to open your mouth but Yerin quickly turned away, grabbed her bag and left. You sighed and looked at Yugyeom who still looked so tensed. You glanced over his back and the boys were muttering quietly and your eyes landed on Jackson who was still breathing heavily. You saw his knuckle was slightly bruised and you frowned. You walked towards your bag and searched for a gel to treat his bruise. Luckily you still brought it with you since you always brought it when Yugyeom was injured. You squeezed the gel to your finger and you walked approaching Jackson.

“Don’t hurt yourself again, okay?” You said as you spread the gel over his bruised knuckle.

“Thank you.” Jackson looked up to you and his expression softened. He then smiled and patted your head.

You smiled and stood up. You looked around and saw the boys were still sulking.

“Yaa! Stop being upset. The problem is cleared already, right?” You said trying to sound cheerful.

“But I couldn’t believe that she could be such a bitc—“ Bambam blurted out.

“Bambam!” You snapped as you put a finger in front of mouth, signaling him to not say such bad word.

Bambam bit his lip and nodded. He puckered his lips and ruffled his hair. You chuckled at his cuteness. You looked around once again and they were still so quiet and dark. You sighed and walked towards the pc and pressed play on their comeback song.

The boys looked at you and they furrowed their eyebrows. You nudged you head as you signaled them to practice. They groaned but obediently shifted to their positions and began to dance. You quietly chuckled and smiled.