Chapter 15

Consider Me

 

Yugyeom was still standing there dumbfounded until later he fell on his knees, facing you. You slowly looked up to him and tears were forming in his eyes. Your heart started to ache when you saw him frustratedly holding his tears.

“Yugyeom-ah…” JB squatted down as he looked straight into the maknae’s eyes. “Don’t cry and be a man. It’s okay, we’re not mad at you. It’s not your fault, nor _______’s fault. It’s not wrong for you guys to have a relationship, but to kiss in a public place, it’s wrong. The fans might accept your relationship but if they found out like this, they would feel betrayed. You should’ve kindly announced that you’re in a relationship before all of this so that they can understand.” He calmly gave Yugyeom a lecture.

“I know, I-I’m sorry.” Yugyeom said in a low tone as his voice cracked. “What should we do now? Our comeback has been cancelled. It’s because of me.” He said in frustration.

“Look, PD-nim never said that it was cancelled. It was the broadcast stations who stated that they postponed our comeback as this incident broke out, so I’m sure that PD-nim would understand and he would find ways so that we can still have a comeback as scheduled.” JB said calmly.

“But by the way, who the hell spread the photo of them?! As far as I know, they went out in the middle of the night and it was the place where most celebrity couples come too. Barely any ordinary people or even reporters know about that place.” Jackson asked as he furrowed his eyebrows in suspicion.

“I don’t know either, the news seems strange and usually if the reporters found it by themselves, they would have their watermarks on the picture.” Junior butted in as he also think suspiciously.

“Yeah, but we couldn’t take any conclusion so soon. It’s really hard to find out who spread the photo, but we’ll try.” JB firmly said as he stood up.

Junior helped you to stand up and you were still sobbing lightly. You looked at Yugyeom and he was still looking at you apologetically. You were feeling sorry instead of being mad at him. You understood that he was also shocked by what happened and he couldn’t think straight. You reached out your hands to wipe the blood near his lips. He looked at you as he touched your hand lightly.

“Babo (stupid).” You faintly smiled at him as he kept staring at you with his wet eyes. “How could you let him punch you like that?” You said in a very low tone.

“I-I love you.” He slowly said as a tear escaped his eyes.

You didn’t realize that the room was empty. The boys had quietly left to give you and Yugyeom a space to talk.

“I know. I love you too.” Your heart ached once again as you saw him crying in front of you.

You couldn’t stand the sight. It pained you so much to see him broke down and looked fragile. You knew that this job was his dream and how hard had he worked for it. You knew that he was upset that things didn’t work out as he wished. You were not mad even if he slightly ignored you earlier because you knew that he was still young and his emotion was still not as stable as the boys who were older than him. You were touched that he blamed himself that he couldn’t protect you as how he wanted to. You could see that he was trying so hard to preserve the most precious things in his life, including you.

“Stop crying.” You hugged him.

“I-I’m sorry.” He muttered on your neck as another tear slipped down his eyes.

“Stop saying sorry. It’s my fault too.” You tried to calm him as you rubbed his back.

“I’m sorry if I’m not a gentleman.” Again he said in the most painful tone you’ve ever heard.

You pulled away and looked straight into his eyes.

“Look, you may think that you’re not a gentleman, but for me, you were beyond that. I’m thankful to have someone like you. Someone who never give up on what he desires and someone who always put his everything to keep the things he loves. You are the best and nothing can change that.” You smiled. “Now let’s apologize to PD-nim and help JB to talk to him regarding your comeback. I know you guys can do it and you guys should do it.” You hugged him once again and he hugged you back.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“PD-nim, I’m sorry to cause a trouble like this.” Yugyeom slowly said as he hung his head low.

You were there inside JYP PD’s office, sitting in the middle of Yugyeom and the rest of GOT7, without Mark. Everyone hung their head low and looked so nervous.

“I understand if you guys were in the ages that you want to have a normal life.” He started, sounded so calm. No signs of anger were written on his face.

“I never prohibit you guys to date, but I’m sure that all of you know the procedures and limit. You guys are idols and you know that you have fans that are always there in any times. You should really think about that because they’re the ones who bring you guys up to where you are. I’m not shock to find out that Yugyeom is dating, but I’m shocked that he didn’t think that well.” He kindly stated.

“I’m sorry, PD-nim.” Yugyeom said and bowed.

“I don’t want to be a harsh PD who yelled at his kids when he found out that they were dating and stuffs, it’s normal because I’ve been through all those times. I’m really grateful that so far, the fans of the groups in our company were all very considerate since we never hide things such as dating issue. They might be furious at first but as we kindly announce things out and keep things going as usual, they would start to understand and accept the reality. But in this case, it’s really a major fault to disappoint and break their trusts towards us.” He continued. “So I guess the only way is to hold a press conference and announce that you two were dating.”

“B-but..” You were shocked at the statement. “W-what if they didn’t want to accept and---“

Upon hearing your statement, Yugyeom squeezed your hands to calm you down. You shut your mouth and shifted your gaze to the boys. They were looking at you kindly as they shook their heads and gave you assuring smiles.

“I guess it’s the only way to keep your relationship. We’ll never know what the responses but I’m sure that it’s worth to try.” JYP said.

You lowered your head and nodded slowly.

“Let’s hold the press conference tonight and let’s clear things out as soon as possible. I will try to have some talks with the broadcasting companies so that you guys can have your comeback as scheduled.” JYP stated as he gave an assuring smile.

“Thank you, PD-nim.” JB stood up and smiled while bowing 90 degrees.

“Indeed, our PD is the best.” Jackson finally smiled and he also bowed, followed by the rest of the boys and you.

All of you went out of the room and prepared yourselves for the press conference that will be held in front of the company. You nervously walked back and forth as you felt a tap on your shoulder.

“Everything will be okay, we will be okay.” JB said as he smiled at you.

“Thank you, I’m sorry to cause you guys so much problems.” You slightly bowed at him and looked down.

“Hey, there’s no need to be sorry. We already consider you as our sister since Mark introduced you to us.” He said with a grin.

Your heart clenched as you heard his name. Your mind immediately went to him who hadn’t come back since he left. You gave JB a little smile and followed him to go out of the room.