Chapter 13

Consider Me

 

Yerin was fully coated in her track suit and she was on the track, doing her night run near Han River. Her ears were plugged with earphones connected to her iPod. She had been running for an hour and she slowed down her pace to have a little rest. As she was walking, a couple caught her attention as they were seating side by side on the bench near the river. Her curiosity grew as she saw that the boy’s hair was not very common, which immediately reminded her of someone. She walked closer to the couple and she hid behind a big tree. She reached out her neck to have a clearer view of the couple. Her eyes bawled out and her body started to heat up when she heard the voice of the boy. She narrowed her eyes and realized that she was right. It was Yugyeom. She continued her move by moving to the other tree to confirm the girl beside him. She unconsciously cursed under her breath when she saw you cupping Yugyeom’s cheek. Her fists clenched so tightly and she was biting her lips to restrain her anger. Her jaw dropped when she witnessed you moving closer towards Yugyeom and kissed him. Her brain thought fast and she quickly reached out her phone.

SNAP!

“How dare she—“ Yerin muttered and gritted her teeth.

She opened her camera scroll and looked at the photo cautiously. She squeezed her phone tight, satisfied with what she snapped. She put her phone back and put on her hoodie. She gave the couple an unreadable glare and left.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mark was sitting quietly in the practice room. It’s already midnight and he had stayed there for an hour even there were no practice. He was scrolling his phone and smiled bitterly. On the other hand, Yerin returned to the company after her night run. She saw that the practice room was still on and she took a glance from the window. She furrowed her eyebrows when she saw nobody was there. She was about to enter to take her bag and turn off the light, but her steps stopped when she saw a red haired boy was sitting under the window. She tiptoed to find Mark was scrolling his phone, looking at some photos. She stuck her head closer to the window and saw that Mark was looking at a photo of you and him. Her anger boiled once again as soon as she saw your face. She stared closely at the pictures Mark was looking and once again her fists were clenched tightly.

“What a .” She cursed under her breath.

Then she rolled her eyes and left. She was about to take her bag but she decided to just take it tomorrow. She shuffled her feet leaving the company building and head to her dorm.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, the boys were having a practice in the company and you were dismissed early since the lecturer didn’t come. You headed to the practice room with bags full of foods for them. It’s been a routine for you to bring some foods because you felt bad for them who had to practice day and night. You entered the room and saw everyone were panting and breathing heavily on the floor.

“Hey boys…” You said cheerfully but they just took a glance at you and continued to catch their breaths.

You frowned and dragged yourself to the couch. You looked at Yugyeom who was lying on the floor and he grinned at you. You rolled your eyes and opened the foods you brought. The smell started to spread and some heads started to shot up. You chuckled to see the boys woke up by the smell of the foods.

“Noona, you really know us so well.” Bambam faintly said.

You looked at him and he was sweating like crazy. You sighed when you turned your sight to the rest of the boys and they looked the same. Tired and exhausted.

“Eat a lot, you guys must be so tired.” You said in disappointment.

“Thanks, _______-ah! I’ll eat well.” JB beamed as he shoved a piece of dumpling to his mouth.

You smiled in response and watched the boys eat. They were creating a circle around the food and everyone was focused on filling their mouths with the food you brought. You looked around and laid your eyes on Mark who was sitting quietly near the wall.

“Mark, you’re not hungry?” You asked kindly.

Some of the boys, including Yugyeom turned their head to him to see his response. He just simply looked up to you and looked away while slowly dragging his body to the boys. You bit your lips and sigh regarding his response. It’s been a while since he treated you like nobody and you obviously got tired of being mad or sort of. You started to feel disappointed because he never wanted to tell you what’s wrong and the reason behind his treatment to you. You looked at Yugyeom who was staring at you worriedly and you gave him an assuring smile.

The foods were later cleanly finished and the boys threw the trashes away. Yugyeom took a sit beside you and circled his arm around you.

“Thanks to you, my princess.” He sweetly smiled at you.

“There’s no need to thank me, it’s my pleasure.” You smiled back.

“We have another practice for the next session. It will probably end at 10 pm.” He looked at the clock and then looked at you.

“Another three hours?! Oh my God, you guys looked like zombies already.” You pouted.

“Yeah, but we have no choice. Our comeback is going to be held in a month.” He gave a cute grin.

“Arasseo, but don’t forget to take the vitamins, okay? Remind your hyungs too.” You gave him a quick hug and smiled.

“Of course baby, and you have to stay healthy too!” He cheerfully smiled and pinched your cheeks.

You smiled in return and started to pack your bag.

“I think I should go home now, I have some tasks to do. The lecturer didn’t come today so he gave us some assignments.” You frowned.

“Oh… My poor baby.” Yugyeom also frowned and pat your head. “Just do it slowly and you will eventually finish it. Come on, you can do it! Fighting!” He punched his fist to the air and smiled.

“Thank you, Yugyeom-ah. And you too, fighting!” You followed his gesture and laughed. “So see you tomorrow! I’ll be going, I love you.” You gave him a light peck on the cheek and stood up.

“I love you too, be careful on your way home.” He also stood up and blew you a kiss bye.

You grinned and turned your body to the door. Your steps stopped when you bumped into Mark who just walked in. You were about to open your mouth but stopped by his cold stare. He then walked away, leaving you dumbfounded. You inhaled a deep breath and tried to ignore his glare. You quickly went out the room and walked fast leaving the building. Your mind was messed up and your heart was pounding crazily. You were lost in your thoughts as you walked home and your shoulders were dropped in disappointment.

You sat down on your bed as soon as you arrived at your room. You hugged a pillow and stared blankly at the ceiling.

“Mark, what have I done wrong?” You slowly muttered to yourself.

You dropped your body onto the bed and closed your eyes. A tear finally slipped your eye as you were biting your lips. You took a deep breath and wiped your tears away. Again, you tried as much as you could to ignore the way he treated you. You obviously missed him too much. He was your only best friend when you first entered university. Your mind travelled back to the days where you and him were joking and teasing each other like little kids. You definitely couldn’t forget the simple yet sweet things he had done to you. You really wanted him back as he used to be.