Chapter 5

Consider Me

 

MARK’S POV

 

“I’m home~!” A voice sounded like the maknae shouted while the door clicked open.

I was sitting on the couch, eating my chips while watching Running Man with Bambam and Jr. No one bothered to respond him because we were too immersed with the tense of hide and seek game. Suddenly, Yugyeom threw himself to an empty spot on the couch between me and Jr while humming like a happy idiot.

“Ya, what’s wrong with you?” Jr looked at Yugyeom weirdly.

I looked at the maknae and saw him grinning from ear to ear while swinging his head to the left and right, totally like a crazy person.

“YA! Stop smiling like an idiot, you’re scaring us!” Jr nudged him hard making me felt the bump.

“Hyuuuu~ng, don’t be scared, I’m not crazy.” He said with a naggy tone and several laughs which only scared us even more. Has he gone nuts? I silently thought.

I turned my body facing him and he just grinned at me, still maintaining the huge width of his smile. I narrowed my eyes and eyed him suspiciously, but then I just shrugged it off and focused back to the TV.

“Today I went with _______ noona.” Yugyeom began with a cheerful tone.

“What? Aish that kid, she promised to hang out with me during the holiday.” I said in annoyance. “Where did you guys go?” I asked with pure curiosity.

“Botanical Park.” The maknae answered. “She called you at 11 AM but you were still sleeping so I picked up her call.” He grinned innocently.

“How dare you picked up my call without my permission?!” I got more annoyed and glared at him.

“I’m sorry hyung, ________ noona will be worried if you didn’t pick up, so I just picked it up for you.” The maknae said with a guilty tone.

“Aish, arasseo (I understand).” I calmed down because it just made sense.

“Yugyeom-ah, you like ________ noona, don’t you?” Bambam suddenly butted in. “You were never this happy when you got home, even after you hung out with Yerin.”

I was caught off guard with Bambam’s bold statement but I could still maintain my cool so I just kept quiet.

“Aaaahh why are you so to the point?” Yugyeom nagged, I could sense that his face was burning. “And I think ________ noona likes me too.”

Again, I almost choked on my chips but I managed to stay calm. Until….

“Don’t be so full of yourself, you’ll just get hurt by your own words.” Jr said with a slightly mocking attitude.

“No hyung, I’m not!” Yugyeom enthusiastically denied. “_______ noona was blushing madly and she was happy when I kissed her.” He boldly said.

“WHAT?!!!” I shot my eyes directly to the maknae and everyone followed.

Yugyeom was shocked and flinched upon my sudden shout.

“Aish hyung! You shocked me!” He protested.

“YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOCKED ME!” I shouted back in response.

I realized that my voice was too loud and harsh so I gulped and saw Jr stared at me confusedly.

“Are we having two crazy members now?” Jr said in annoyance.

I ignored Jr’s glare and rolled my eyes back to the maknae who was looking down and flicking his fingers nervously, he still wore his happy smile but not as wide as before.

“Did you say that you kissed ________?” I seriously asked.

Yugyeom nodded twice and maintain his sight to his finger.

“AH WHY?!” I lost my cool again and shouted at him, not furious but just frustrated and a bit mad, more sounded like a nag.

“Aish this punk! Stop shouting like that!” Again Jr scolded with a loud voice. “Do you like her too?” He playfully teased me with a serious tone.

I was caught off guard and I felt a lump on my throat.

“N-no. O-of course no!” I stuttered and nervously denied. “S-she is like a sister to me so I am responsible for her.” I mentally slapped myself for keep stuttering.

“Hyung, it’s okay if I like her right?” The maknae looked at me with glistening eyes, full of hope.

I swallowed at his words, blinked a few times and cleared my throat, then looked away nervously.

“O-only if you won’t hurt her.” I said in defeat.

“Of course, hyung! I won’t, I will protect her and love her no matter what.” The maknae beamed. “Don’t worry.” He hugged my arm and giggled, again like an idiot.

“Eyyy~” Jr pushed the maknae’s body teasingly while Bambam whistled, also teasing him.

I silently slipped my hand off Yugyeom’s grip and walked away to my room. The three laughed at my moves but I just shrugged it off.

I threw myself onto the bed and stared blankly at the ceiling. I then quickly regretted that I ‘gave up’ on ________, for Yugyeom. I obviously could feel butterflies in my stomach whenever she smiled at me, hugged me or even when she’s just around me doing nothing. I also felt my heart ached when she said she might like Yugyeom. Yugyeom is as precious as the other members for me, even I considered them as my brothers. I couldn’t suddenly tell him that I like _______ too when their feelings were mutual, everything would be a mess if I did. I thought I had plenty of times to be firm with my feelings and made her mine. I totally didn’t see this coming.

I groaned and ruffled my hair in frustration. I am now trapped in my own feeling and regret. I honestly didn’t know what to do. I stayed in my position for a while until my phone vibrated and brought me back to my senses.

 

1 NEW MESSAGE

 

From: My Candy

Heyooo Mark! Whats up! You broke your promise on the first day of holiday! HUH! I’m really mad so you have to treat me next time ;p kkk what did you do today? Sleeping whole day like a pig, huh? You’ll be ugly if you always sleep HAHAHA *evil laugh*

 

I sighed reading the text from _______. She named herself as ‘my candy’ in my phone book because she said that she’s sweet and a cure whenever I’m sad, which in fact was true. She’s my candy who always gave me sweetness and cheered me up. But now, she’s also my poison who hurt my heart with her sweetness. I smiled faintly at my phone screen and typed to reply.

 

To: My Candy

I’m sorry, ______-ah, I was so tired and over slept. Kkk there’s no way I’m going to be ugly, I’m the most wanted guy, y know? ;p Go to sleep, it’s late already. You must be tired after going to the botanical park.

 

I pressed sent and closed my eyes. Two minutes later another message came, she replied.

 

From: My Candy

YA!!! How do you know I went to the park? You stalked me huh? SEEEEE YOU LIKE ME DON’T YOU? ;) :*

 

I chuckled as I felt another pang in my heart. Yes, I do, idiot. I smiled to myself.

 

To: My Candy

Yugyeom told us just now haha. Don’t be so confident, you are not my type ;p ;p ;p Sleep sleep! Goodnight!

 

I couldn’t bear any longer texting her. It used to be my favorite thing to do with my phone but now I felt like I was fooling myself. It’s not her fault, it’s mine. I wasn’t fast and brave enough to tell her my feeling. I guess now I have to accept the consequences.

 

From: My Candy

Tsk, why are you shoo-ing me away :( Okay then I’ll just sleep :( Goodnight :(

 

I smiled while reading her reply, I could imagine her pouting like a little kid and pretending to be mad. I knew that she would hate me for tonight but she would come to me tomorrow and forget everything. It’s her habit. She never hated me for more than a night. I didn’t send another reply since I was lost in my thoughts. I felt my eyes getting heavy and I dozed off to sleep.