Chapter 12

Consider Me

 

You were busy looking for some clothes that you were going to wear tonight. Yugyeom asked you out to have a little date at Han River. It wasn’t a special date but you still considered it as something important. There were no events, so it was just your boyfriend’s randomness since he had no practice tonight. You ruffled your hair in frustration and began to dig your wardrobe further. Finally a white floral dress shone through the pack of clothes and it caught your attention. You picked it up and tried on it. You spun in front of the mirror and you were satisfied enough. You quickly put some light make ups and curled the edges of your hair. You took your clutch and went out. Yugyeom promised to wait for you at the lobby which he really did. He was biting his nail while scrolling his phone, you tapped your feet in front of him and he immediately looked up. He bit his lips and his jaw dropped at you which made you raised your eyebrows.

“Whoa, my girlfriend is so gorgeous.” He said shyly.

“And my boyfriend is so handsome.” You giggled and linked arm with him.

“Noona, I’m sorry if I can’t bring you to expensive dinners or fancy places.” He pouted.

“Aish, this kid.” You smacked his arm. “Of course it’s not a problem. No matter where you bring me, I’ll always be happy as long as I’m with you.” You gave him a smile.

Yugyeom looked at you with glistening eyes, showing that he was touched by your words. He then smiled and kissed you lightly on the cheek. Both of you were walking the quiet night street near the neighborhood. After 10 minutes walking, you arrived at the park near Han River. The park was beautiful and romantic. Little light beads were hanging on the trees. Yugyeom took his phone out and set the camera on.

“Noona, stand over there. I’ll take a picture of you.” He pointed at the spot with Han River and a bridge as the background.

You obeyed and walked to the place he meant. You a simple pose and he began taking pictures of you. The wind blew your hair and you got annoyed so you didn’t directly see to the camera.

“Yugyeom-ah, the wind is too strong here.” You protested while tidying your hair.

“I see, come here, noona, you’ll catch a cold.” He giggled and assigned you to come to him.

You slightly ran to him and he caught you in his arm. He circled his arm around your shoulder while the other one holding the phone. You tiptoed to look at his phone.

“Wahh, delete it! I look so ugly.” You tried to grab his phone but he held it higher so you couldn’t reach.

“No~ You look pretty noona.” He nagged while avoiding his phone from being taken by you.

“Seriously, Yugyeom-ah.” You laughed while jumping, trying to reach his phone.

Yugyeom laughed at you and he held his hand higher. He backed off a little and continued teasing you. You kept on struggling to get the phone but you tripped on your flats and stumbled. Yugyeom was pushed by your falling body and he was caught off guard so he also lost balance. Both of you fell on the ground, you on top of Yugyeom. Your faces were an inch away and you guys froze. Yugyeom stared at you intensely and you were drowned in his eyes. His eyes were shining through the darkness and you could sense love in his gaze. For the umpteenth time you thanked God for having him as your lover. You were drowned in your thoughts until you finally realized why you fell. You gave the boy a quick peck on his lips and snatched his phone from his hand. You quickly got up and tried to run away only to be back hugged by your boyfriend. You quickly scrolled his phone to find your photo and you stopped when you saw it was set as his wallpaper.

“Noona, please don’t delete it. You look really cute and adorable, I really love that picture.” He nagged while burying his face on your shoulder.

You smiled at his words and you actually admit that the photo was not that bad. It’s only you were caught candid while trying to fix your hair in the middle of the wind.

“Arasseo, you can keep it.” You turned your body and faced him.

“That’s my girl.” He beamed and grinned in satisfaction.

After several minutes taking another pictures, both of you sat on the bench near the sparkling trees. You leaned your head on his shoulder and he circled his arm around you. The two of you were admiring the night sky while enjoying the moment. Your hands were intertwined and you slightly played with his fingers.

 

YUGYEOM’S POV

 

“Yugyeom-ah…” She softly spoke.

“Hmm?” I tilted my head to look down at her.

“Would you mind to tell me about Yerin? It seems like you had something with her before.” She said in a very calm voice.

“Sure thing, I don’t want to hide anything from you.” I smiled.

She nodded a little and kept on playing with my fingers.

“She was my ex. We got together a year ago.” I slowly began.

“I’ve known her since I entered high school. She was so popular and every guy wants to be with her. I had a crush on her since the first time I saw her. I have never thought that I would ever get the chance to be her boyfriend, but surprisingly I did. She was really kind to me and she was always there for me.” My fingers started to play along with hers.

“She also got in to the same company as I did. We debuted and slowly things changed. She started to pay attention to guys who hit on her, which she used to ignore them completely. We started to get into fights every day until one day, I found out that she cheated on me.” I stopped and hung my head low.

No matter how I moved on, but it still hurt me to remember that thing. It was the worst pain I’ve ever felt and it made me traumatized. I felt _______ moved her head to face me, giving me her best smile. She rubbed my back and hugged me a little. I gave her an assuring smile and she signed me to continue. She leaned her head on my shoulder again and she continued to play with my fingers.

“I was so hurt and I broke up with her. Since that day, I decided to not fall in love with anyone. I was scared that it might happen again.” I said in a low voice.

“You know I’ll never do that, right?” She spoke, her voice was really sweet and smooth.

“I know, noona. That’s why I didn’t restrain myself from falling for you.” I leaned my head over hers.

“And about that fight?” She asked curiously, but still sounded calm.

“That day, I was walking home with Bambam and Yerin suddenly appeared. She carelessly cling on me and linked arms with me. I was struggling to get off her grip but it was too late. Sungjae came and saw us from behind.”

“Sungjae?” She tilted her head and looked at me.

“Yeah, Sungjae, that boy who continuously yelled at me.” I looked at her.

“Oh, that manner-less boy.” She nodded.

“He was the one who Yerin cheated on me with. Yerin broke up with him a month ago and he was furious since he was head over heels on her. He really hated me because he knew that Yerin was trying to get back with me.” I looked at her and found that she was looking at me while pouting.

I also pouted and poked her nose.

“He then short mindedly came to me and punched me.” I faked a sob and she giggled.

“I didn’t accept that since I wasn’t like he thought, so I fought back while telling the truth. But he was so stubborn and didn’t believe me. So yeah, I got beaten by him. And his gang.” I sulked and she giggled even more.

“But thanks to my angel who came and saved me.” I grinned and looked at her who was laughing as if I told her a funny story.

“Yeah, you really should thank me, boy.” She stuck her tongue out and continued laughing.

“Yaa! Stop laughing, what’s so funny?” I playfully scolded her.

“Sorry, sorry. I shouldn’t laugh at this but I don’t know, you just sounded so funny.” She bit her lips to restrain her laugh.

I couldn’t restrain her cuteness, I pinched her cheek and she broke her laugh again.

“Stop laughing, you’re going crazy.” I slightly laughed and covered with my hand.

“Okay, okay.” She stopped laughing and looked at me.

Her facial expression completely changed and now she was looking at me with affection. If I were an ice, I would already melt at her gaze.

“Yugyeom-ah, you know that I love you so much, right?” She started with a serious tone.

“I do, noona. Thank---“ She put her finger on my lips.

“And you should know that I would never do such thing to you. You are very precious to me and I will never want to lose you.” Her sweet voice was piercing through my ears and I couldn’t help but to get touched by her words.

She cupped my face and leaned closer. She slowly closed the gap between our lips and circled her arms on my neck. My hands followed by gently pulling her closer and securely wrapped her in my embrace. Her kiss was so soft and her lips were so sweet. This was probably the most sincere kiss I’ve ever had. I could feel that she loves me so much and I was very thankful for that. Our kiss was passionate in our own way. No lust, no desire. Just a pair of lips touching and it made me feel complete.

She then slowly pulled away and still looking into my eyes lovingly. Her eyes were sparkling and her hair was falling perfectly. I was amazed by the view in front of me. What did I dream last night that I could see an angel in front of me. She smiled and closed the distance of our body. She rested her head on my chest and I her head carefully. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, gazing at the twinkling stars and adoring the brightly shining moon. It was the best feeling ever and I really want to stay like this forever.

 

END OF YUGYEOM’S POV