Chapter 4

Consider Me

 

It’s not working… Stop fronting… I know you want me… Let’s start talking (Music playing)

“CUT!” You shouted behind the camera.

You just done filming GOT7 boys practicing for your documentary, they immediately threw their bodies to the floor and panted heavily when you said “cut”.

“Noona, come here and let us see what you recorded.” Youngjae shot up.

You dragged yourself to them and sat on the floor. They all gathered around you who was holding the camera.

“YA! ________-ah! Why didn’t you get me in the frame?!” Jackson protested.

“You were too excited and went too far from the camera, not my fault.” You rolled your eyes playfully.

Jackson strangled your neck with his arm and threw fake punches towards you, causing you to lose your grip on the camera, luckily Jr caught it before it smacked the floor. You struggled back towards Jackson so you both were wrestling on the floor. Both of you laughed heavily while the rest still watching the recording.

“Hyung! Stop it, my baby noona will die if you continue.” Yugyeom suddenly said, almost sounded like a shout.

Jackson immediately stopped ‘beating’ you and stared at the maknae.

“Baby? What baby? Is she your child?” Jackson said with his trademark teasing tone.

You just froze at your place and you felt your cheeks heat up. Your heart skipped a beat upon the words Yugyeom said. Jackson was still staring at Yugyeom and you took the chance to smack his head and ran away from his grip.

“YA! Wait for my revenge, _______!” Jackson shouted.

You just rolled your tongue at him and went to the rest of the boys. They returned the camera and praised your recording skill. Mark ruffled your hair and smiled. You pouted in response.

“Let’s go home together, it’s already late.” Mark suggested.

“Alright, hurry tidy your stuffs up, I’ll be waiting on the couch.” You said.

Mark nodded and the boys packed their bags and change clothes. You just sleepily sat on the couch and played with your phone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You woke up under the blanket on your bed. You looked around and noticed that you felt asleep when you were still in GOT7’s practice room. You tried to remember who carried you here but you were too sleepy that night to recognize him. You grabbed your phone and saw a new text message.

 

From: 010-xxxx-xxxx

Ya, sleepyhead! You’re so heavy and such a burdensome. Hurry wake up and meet me at the alley at 8, don’t you dare to be late! Today’s class’ lecturer is very scary :p

-Mark-

 

You chuckled and silently thanked Mark for carrying you all the way from the practice room. You were grateful to have him. Not in a taking-for-granted way, but both of you were just really close like brother and sister. He always took care of you and you always be there for him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

MARK’S POV

 

“_________-ah” I broke the silence during our walk back home.

“Hmm?” She looked up at me with her bright big eyes.

“D-do you feel something?” I asked nervously.

“Feel what? I don’t feel anything.” She tilted her head and shook her body to the left and right.

“I mean… Do you feel like someone probably… likes you?” I continued to stutter.

“Huh?” She looked at me confusedly and suddenly smiled cheekily. “You like me, don’t you?” She wiggled her eyebrows.

“WHAT? NO!” I quickly denied. “There’s no way I could like a clumsy, fat and noisy girl like you.” I rolled my eyes.

“Ayy… Just be honest.” She continued teasing me and nudged my arm. “And I’m not that fat!” She protested.

“I… I think Yugyeom… likes you…” I said while looking at the ground.

She stopped nudging my arm and shot her head straight to the road. There was a dead silence between us until she broke it couple of seconds later.

“Really? How could you say that?” She asked calmly.

“He’s been treating you like he’s interested in you. He also often asked about you.”

“I don’t know. I have thought about that, but… I don’t know yet.” She said with a little blush on her cheek.

“D-do you like him too?” My voice was a bit shaky but not obvious enough.

“Maybe…” She said while smiling. “He’s really a gentleman even if he’s younger than me, and he’s also very adorable.”

I stared at her and saw her smile which turned my world upside down. Her smile was always the best cure for me, but after I realized that she smiled not because of me, a slight pain crossed my heart.

“I thought you like me.” I said in a really low voice, almost inaudible.

“What?” She looked at me.

“Nothing.” I gave her a faint grin.

“You know…” She began. “Even if I like someone else, you own a special place in my heart.”

I raised my eyebrow and looked for her eyes.

“What? You are my best boy space friend, you know that?” She smiled widely and pinched my cheek.

I looked at the ground and just chuckled bitterly at her words.

“Ya, why are you suddenly so gloomy?” She searched for my eyes. “You’re jealous, aren’t you?” She playfully asked.

She always caught me off guard with her unintentional teases. I coughed and shot my head straight.

“Don’t be so full of yourself.” I knocked her head with my index finger.

“Pffttt…” She pouted.

 

END OF MARK’S POV

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You were on a week break from university since it’s celebrating its 25th anniversary. You felt so excited to enjoy your holiday and looking forward for the week. GOT7 was also getting a short break from their company since they had just finished their first batch of promotion.

It’s spring and you really want to refresh your mind by seeing the beautiful blooming flowers. You remembered that Mark promised to spend time with you during the short break. You dialed Mark’s number to ask him to go to the botanical park with you.

“Hello?” The one from the other line picked the call.

“Umm… Hello? Is Mark there?” You asked because he didn’t sound like Mark.

“Oh noona!” He cheered.

“Yugyeom?” You realized the maknae’s voice.

“Yes, it’s me noona.” He answered brightly.

“Is Mark there? I’m going to ask him to go to the botanical park with me.”

“Mark hyung is still sleeping. He’s such a sleepyhead.”

You sighed and looked at the clock, it’s already 11 AM, but you felt bad to wake him up because you knew he needed some rest.

“Why don’t you just go with me then, Yugyeom-ah?” You beamed.

“Alright noona! I’m free today so I can go with you.” He cheerfully said.

“Okay, meet me at the bus stop in 30 minutes. Don’t you dare to be late!” You playfully threatened him.

“I get it, noona! I hang up now!” The line immediately went off.

You chuckled and get yourself prepared. You wore a plain white body fit shirt tucked into a bright yellow flare skirt. You felt so excited to go to the park, plus it’s Yugyeom who would accompany you. You hadn’t met him for two weeks and you missed his playful and adorable behaviors. You spun in front of the mirror and grabbed your clutch, ready to go to the bust stop.

“Noona!” Yugyeom waved while running towards you.

“Hi, Yugyeom!” You eyed him from head to toe. His blond hair was covering his forehead until his eyebrows, perfectly shone under the sun. He wore a plain white t-shirt coated with a denim vest and blue skinny jeans. “Whoa, maknae looks so chic today.”

“Of course noona, and  look! We wear the same shirt, we must be fated, huh?” He grinned widely.

“Are we?” You gave him a look and then laughed.

“Aigoo, noona looks so cute when you laugh.” He pinched your cheek and it blush in a matter of second.

“Y-ya! Stop touching me.” You rubbed your cheek and hid your face, didn’t want him to see you blush.

“And noona should stop blushing too.” He circled his arm over your shoulder, only to make you blush even more.

“Here, it’s the bus.” You said quickly when the bus arrived to change the subject. He just chuckled and followed you enter the bus.

 

20 MINUTES LATER

 

“We’re here!” You happily walked towards the entrance of the park, Yugyeom was smiling and followed you.

“Noona, look, the flowers are really beautiful!” Yugyeom pointed at the yellow tulips that are lining gracefully at the left of the entrance.

“Whoa! The color matches my skirt!” You twirled around the ground of tulips and slightly jumped around.

“You are so beautiful noona, just like the flowers.” Yugyeom said and made your heart skip a beat.

“Ah, thank you, Yugyeom-ah. And you’re handsome as well.” You ran up to him and raised your thumbs in front of his face.

Both of you enjoyed your times walking around the park, seeing beautiful flowers here and there. Yugyeom followed you patiently while you were excitedly admiring the colorful flowers around you.

“Yugyeom-ah, let’s take a selca here! The roses behind us look really fresh and beautiful.” You grabbed his arm and held your phone with your other hand.

You were struggling to get both of you in the frame because Yugyeom was too tall so he suggested to hold the phone.

“One…” Yugyeom began counting, you smiled at the camera.

“Two…”

“Three…”

SNAP!

You cupped your left cheek and realized that Yugyeom just kissed you. You bit your lips and turned your back to him because you knew that your face was as red as the roses behind.

“Noonaaaa” Yugyeom called you while laughing.

You gave him your palm while still turning your back at him.

“Noona, are you mad?” He approached and touched your shoulder. “I-I’m sor-“

You turned your body facing him and flicked your finger on his forehead.

“Ouch, that hurts!” Yugyeom flinched and rubbed his forhead.

“Why did you do that, you little rascal!” You playfully smacked him.

“Wah! Noona, your face is as red as the roses” He laughed at you.

You snatched your phone and saw the picture. Your lips curved into a smile and you gained another teasing from Yugyeom.

“Noona, just admit that you like it.” He wiggled his eyebrow.

You just rolled your tongue out and walked away with butterflies in your stomach. You couldn’t believe that he kissed you and surprisingly, you liked it. No, you loved it. Not in an easy way but you felt like your feelings towards him had just grew onto another level. Yugyeom followed you while humming cheerfully.