Chapter 19

Consider Me

YUGYEOM’S POV

 

I just finished my practice today which means I finally have a break for the day. It’s 2 PM and ________ was having her class right now so I couldn’t call her to come over. The members separated to go to random places and I didn’t have the mood to go anywhere because the practice was too exhausting. I was quietly sitting at the company’s balcony which was turned into a little garden with a bench and plants. The weather was rather warm for a mid day like this but the wind blew occasionally and made it refreshing. I was pretty drowned into the silence until someone called my name.

“Yugyeom-ah.” The voice called.

I was pretty disappointed that the voice didn’t belong to someone I expected.

“M-may I seat there?” It was Yerin, she asked before I could respond.

I sighed and turned my head towards her. She looked at me nervously and her fingers were softly flicking one another. It’s her habit when she’s anxious.

“Yes, you can.”  I said, turning my head back to the view.

In a moment, I felt her presence beside me. Silence was filling the air for a couple of minutes. I felt her uncomfortably shifting her body and clasped her palms together.

“Yugyeom-ah, I-I’m really sorry.” Yerin slowly began in a low voice.

I was still staring blankly at the view, processing the meaning of her words. I thought that I was being too harsh for still being rude to her when she already apologized couple of times and changed her attitude.

“Yeah, I already forgive you.” I said in a calm tone, trying to sound as sincere as possible.

“I really regretted what I’ve done, I was too drowned in jealousy.” Her voice was still low and I could sense regret in it.

“I’m just disappointed that you were the one who did it. I never thought that you were someone like that.” I said, still sounding calm.

“Y-yeah.” She hung her head low in embarrassment and sadness. “I-I didn’t know that I could love you that much.” Her voice began to shake.

“But you know that we’re over for a long time. I don’t have such feelings for you anymore.” I carefully said, not sounded offensive.

“I know, but you know that my heart won’t change. You were my first love, Yugyeom-ah.” She said in a rather calm tone.

“You were too, but everything has changed. I’m sorry.” I bit my lips.

“I-I understand.” Her voice started to tremble more. “But you have to know that my feeling won’t change.”

“Thank you, Yerin-ah. I will also be here as your friend, you can still look up for me as a friend, or a brother if you want.” I might not love her anymore but honestly I still care for her as a friend.

Despite of what she had done, since she had proven and admitted that she’s wrong, I had to also be mature to forgive and forget.

“T-thank you, Yugyeom-ah.” A tear slipped her eye.

“But please don’t get the wrong idea, okay?” I said carefully, hoping for her to understand.

I shifted my gaze towards her and she was staring straight into my eyes. Tears slowly fell from her eyes. I could tell that she was stunned with my words but it was the right thing to say to make her not get the wrong idea. As soon as she processed what I said, she quickly wiped her tears with her hand and sniffed. She awkwardly laughed and looked away. I sighed for making her feel bad like that. I somehow felt guilty for being rude with her since we broke up. I promised from today that I would grow up and learn to forgive and forget.

“Go wash your face, your make up is ruined.” I said trying to lessen the tense.

“Y-yeah...” She awkwardly chuckled. “Thank you, once again.”

I just nodded and smiled. She bit her lips and also smiled while standing up and walked away. I somehow felt relieved that I didn’t have any grudges in my mind and heart. I smiled to myself that I found ________ who had taught me everything and made me a better person.

I love you, ________-ah…

 

 

END OF YUGYEOM’S POV