Chapter 11

Consider Me

 

You silently walked at the corridor, heading to the practice room. Loud beats were heard from inside and you knew that the boys were practicing. It’s been three days since the incident and you routinely checked on Yugyeom who was recovering from the injuries. You and Mark hadn’t talked like usual since the night he treated you like that. You only exchanged several words with him and he didn’t show up at all classes. You were getting annoyed with the situation, but you shrugged any negative thoughts and faced everything as positive as possible. You really missed Mark who was always cheerful and playful with you. You were confused with his action so you still couldn’t pull off any conclusion. You cracked the door opened and peeked into the practice room. You slowly entered and bit your lips while grinning when the boys saw your reflection through the mirror. You slightly bowed and walked to the couch at the corner of the room.

“Yugyeom-ah, how are you today? Feeling any better?” You said when Yugyeom dragged his body on the floor towards you.

“Yeah, I think I’m already okay. The pain only came when I did excessive moves.” He gave an assuring smile.

“Good thing. Don’t overwork yourself, wait until you’re fully recovered, okay?” You ruffled his hair and kissed his cheek.

Yugyeom smiled in delight and poked your nose. You dragged yourself to his side on the floor and both of you leaned to the wall behind. You looked around to see the rest of the members were practicing individually and your eyes landed on Mark who was swaying his body, following the rhythm. You kept on staring at him and you felt Yugyeom playfully poking your cheek. You turned your head to him and stuck your tongue out and you rested your head on his shoulder. You shift your gaze towards Mark again and caught him staring at you and Yugyeom through the mirror. He quickly looked away and walked out of the room. You bit your lips and sighed.

“Yugyeom-ah, did Mark treat you differently since the incident?” You asked.

“No, he’s being normal with me. Only he got annoyed easily when I started to talk about you.” Yugyeom furrowed his eyebrow. “He’s not usually like that.” He said, sounded like he was questioning.

“Yeah, I’m also confused with him. He had been avoiding me since that day.” You said in disappointment.

“Maybe he’s upset because you spend more time with me and you might seem neglecting him. I feel guilty.” Yugyeom said sincerely.

“No, he’s not that childish. He knows that I’ve been taking care of you, my troublesome boyfriend.” You stuck your tongue out.

“Waaahh, why so mean.” Yugyeom nagged and pulled away from you. “Okay, you don’t need to take care of me from now on.” He faked a sob.

“Just kidding, why being such a baby?” You laughed and gave him a kiss through the air.

He then stole a kiss on your lips and it was as fast as lightning. Your eyes bawled out and you bit your lips in embarrassment. You felt your cheeks heat up and your hands began to sweat. You looked around and relieved that no one noticed what Yugyeom just did to you. You turned your head to him and saw him grinning innocently and hummed randomly.

“Yaahhhh” You whispered to him and smacked his arm.

“Hmmm?” He rolled his eyes and raised his eyebrows.

You smiled and quickly linked your arm with his. You laid your head on his shoulder and giggled. You felt like you were about to explode. You couldn’t restrain your feeling and you craved for more. You closed your eyes to recall how did it feel and you smiled to yourself. You realized that he was not the type that was being cliché to bring you to a romantic place or under the moonlight to give you the first kiss (of you and him as a couple). You loved how he did it so sudden and out of your expectation.

“Like it that much?” You heard him said in a teasing tone.

You looked up to his eyes and bit your lips while restraining your smile. He then gave you a mischievous look and laughed. You hid your face in embarrassment and he patted your head. How could you say no when you totally want more? You stayed in that position for a while until the rest of the boys noticed and began to be noisy.

“Ayyyy~ Go get a room, both of you!” Jr shouted from the corner of the room.

“Don’t be like that hyung~ We don’t do anything.” Yugyeom nagged.

“By the way, where is Mark?” Jackson asked.

“I saw him went out fifteen minutes ago.” JB said and pointed to the door.

You looked around and remembered that you needed to talk to Mark. You looked up at Yugyeom and nudged him.

“Yugyeom-ah, mind if I go out for a while? I want to talk to Mark.” You said calmly.

“Of course, _______-ah. I hope you can make him feel better.” He said with a smile.

“I’ll be right back.” You gave a quick random peck on his shoulder and walked out.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You arrived at the rooftop and saw the one you’ve been looking for. You knew that he would be there since he often brought you there whenever he didn’t feel okay. Mark was sitting on the wooden bench near the wall, facing the empty space that showed the tops of other buildings. You took silent steps and quietly sat beside him.

“Mark, are you okay?” You quietly asked.

You looked straight ahead and you felt he turned his head and looked at you. You also turned your head and look at his eyes. You could see disappointment and anxiousness in his gaze. You began to be more worried about him.

“What’s up? You know you can tell me.” You said calmly while looking straight into his eyes.

He slowly turned his head away and faced the front, staring at the empty space.

“I can never tell you.” He said firmly.

“Why? I can help you.” You said worriedly.

“No, you can’t.” He answered shortly.

“Have I done anything wrong?” You asked nervously. “It looks like you’ve been avoiding me.” You hung your head low.

He didn’t answer, only his steady yet heavy breath was heard. He clenched his teeth and bit his lips. You turned your head to face him again and saw than he looked so tensed. You frowned and looked down. You saw his hand was tightly clenched and you reached your hands to touch his. He quickly snapped your hand away and glared at you.

“M-mark…” You were shocked and your hands trembled a bit.

“Leave me alone.” He quickly looked away and said in a low voice. “Please.”

You bit your lips to prevent from crying and slowly stood up.

“I miss you, Mark.” With that, a tear fell down your eye and you hardly took some steps leaving Mark behind.

You walked away half heartedly, knowing your best friend just changed into someone you barely know. He was not the Mark who was with you the entire time. He was never like this, no matter how troubled he was or how annoying you were, he would never treat you like this. You wiped your tears away and washed your face. You realized that your eyes got puffy and red, you decided to leave without going back to the practice room. You didn’t want to make your boyfriend worry if he saw your face. You pulled out your phone and texted Yugyeom.

 

To: My Yugyeom

Baby, I forgot that I have to do some tasks that will due tomorrow, so I’m going home now! See you again soon, take care! I love youuu <3

 

You hoped that he would understand. You were really torn apart in the situation right now. It’s really hard to be happy right now. But if you were sulking because of Mark, it’s not fair for Yugyeom. You really didn’t know what to do. You loved them, only in different ways and you didn’t want to lose both of them.