Chapter 16

Consider Me

 

The preparation for the press conference was done, reporters and some fans already gathered in front of the building. You nervously walked out behind GOT7 and you were shocked yet relieved as soon as you saw Mark at the end of the line. He had returned but his expression was still looking very dark. As all of you went out, screams and camera flashes were storming and you narrowed your eyes at the sudden contact of lights. Yugyeom immediately held your hand tightly and you nervously stood in the middle of the line.

 “Thank you to all of you for coming to this sudden press conference. I’m sorry to hold this in such place, but it’s an urgent matter and I hope you guys can understand.” JYP started the conference as he stood in the middle.

“Tonight we are going to announce that one of GOT7’s member is officially in a relationship, and I hope everyone can accept this and continue to support them like usual.” JYP said again with a smile.

“Is it true that Yugyeom is the member who is dating?” A reporter asked.

“Yes, it is me.” Yugyeom calmly said.

The fans screamed in frustration and other reporters continued to ask.

“So, the kissing photo really belongs to you?” The girl reported asked.

“Y-yes, it is true.” Yugyeom started to feel nervous as he stuttered.

“But what about Yerin unnie?!” A fan shouted from the crowd, causing the other fans to follow.

JYP knew that the fans would bring this up. The fans accepted Yugyeom and Yerin’s past relationship without any announcement since they knew both of them were very close already. He shifted his gaze towards Yugyeom to know how he would response this one. Yugyeom gulped nervously as the other members tried to look as calm as possible.

“W-we are not together anymore. I-I hope you guys can understand.” Yugyeom once again stuttered.

You looked up to him and gave him a smile, showing that you were proud of him. He could manage everything like a man and answered every question cautiously even you knew that he was nervous.

“I hope you guys stop being mad to us and Yugyeom or _________. We apologize that things got exposed inappropriately and we are looking forward for your support for our comeback.” JB said with a smile that obviously melted the fans’ heart.

The fans began to calm down as they started to nod and agreed to JB’s word.

“Yeah, ________ noona is very kind and pretty. I hope you guys accept their relationship.” Bambam excitedly blurted out, earning some laughs from the reporters and the fans.

“Yeah, unnie looks so nice and pretty. Please take care of Yugyeom oppa!” A fan shouted and the other began to cheer.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

YUGYEOM’S POV

“Thank you so much, PD-nim.” I bowed as we were about to enter the van.

“Yeah, take this as a lesson. And don’t repeat your mistake.” JYP patted my shoulder and smiled.

I entered the van and took a sit beside ________. Some of the boys dozed off already, so did _______. I closed my eyes as I tried to sleep for a while but I shot my eyes opened as it hit me.

“But what about Yerin unnie?”

That statement from the fans suddenly rang in my mind and gave me a hint on who might be the culprit of this incident. I was trying to shake off the idea but my brain kept on providing statements that made me suspicious of Yerin. No one was interested in my private life except her. She still annoyingly contacted me but I started to ignore her. It made sense that the photo was probably not taken by the reporters since there were no watermarks. As I was lost in my thoughts, my gaze finally landed on a newspaper that broke the scandal this morning as it was slipped in the compartment in front of me. I took it and read the article carefully.

“The source, who was refused to be mentioned, stated that the couple was seen kissing near the Han River on Wed (13/8) midnight…”

So it was right, it came from a source. The reporters didn’t witness it themselves. My mind was straightly fixed at Yerin.