Chapter 3

Consider Me

 

“-gnae” You finished your answer.

Everyone froze in their spot and looked at you emotionlessly. You just shrugged and playfully grinned at them.

“WHAT?!” Mark pushed you with so much force which made you startled. He made a “what-the-hell” face.

“What was that for?!!!” You glared at him.

He softened and rubbed your arm which was the part he pushed you so hard.

“I… I’m sorry.” He pouted and still rubbing your arm.

You couldn’t stand his expression and pinch his cheek with greater force.

“It’s okay!” You flashed a wide forced grin.

The boys then broke out a laugh and attacked Mark, they went top of him one by one. You laughed as you watched your friend being squeezed under the packs.

 

YUGYEOM’S POV

 

I still couldn’t believe my ears that _________ noona that she said I was her favorite. Well, she might be joking but I’m still happy about it. Since Mark hyung talked about her, I was curious how she look like and bam! She’s just so cute and pretty.

“Noona…” I grinned widely in front of __________.

“Oh! Hey there, my favorite!” She emphasized the word “favorite” and the other six boys created a fake puking expressions.

“Noona, would mind to go to the mart with me? Let’s buy snacks, we are going to watch movies tonight!” I beamed.

“Sure, kid! Let’s go!” She jumped off the couch and linked her arms with mine.

I felt a rush of blood in my entire body. My palm suddenly became sweaty and my heart was beating faster than before. I froze for a couple of second until Mark stood in front of me and shove _________’s hand away.

“Yah!” ________ noona glared at Mark with a fake anger.

“No touching with my friend, maknae!” Mark sternly said.

“She was the one who touched me” I innocently said while pointing at _________’s little figure beside me.

“Don’t be so harsh with my favorite, Mark!” ___________ cutely said and pouted at Mark. Then she linked her hand with mine again. “Let’s go!” She grinned.

I glanced back and saw Mark hyung was gesturing “you-are-dead” towards me and I just pointed my tongue at him.

 

END OF YUGYEOM’S POV

 

“Yugyeom-ah, which one do you like? Banana or strawberry milk?” You asked the giant maknae while holding two cups of milk in your hands.

“I like strawberry!” Yugyeom grinned.

“Alright, let’s buy one strawberry and one banana then.” I put both milks on the basket.

“Ah! Noona likes banana?” He asked.

“No, it’s for Mark. He really likes banana milk.” You cheerfully answered.

You knew quite a lot of things about Mark. You were his only girl SPACE friend. It’s hard to find girls like you who can stay calm and normal and just be friends with him. You knew his favorite foods, drinks, colors and other things. You were like his little sister who always annoyed him, made him angry and made him give up with your cuteness and innocence.

“Noona, do you want to buy anything else?” Yugyeom raised the shopping basket to your face level.

“I think that’s all.” You peeked into the basked and checked on the stuffs.

“Okay, let’s pay now!” Yugyeom escorted you to the cashier.

Your heart skipped a beat and your face heated up when Yugyeom suddenly circled his arm around your shoulder, escorting you to the cashier. He was bigger and (of course) taller than you which made your body perfectly fitted in his embrace. You lowered your head because you didn’t want the maknae to see your burning cheeks. You felt something weird going on with yourself.

“You guys look cute together.” The cashier lady said and you were snapped back to reality.

“We’re not-“ You quickly said and got cut.

“Thank you, Ahjumma. Of course we do.” Yugyeom beamed and slightly bowed, made you also dumbly bowed.

You were a little shocked with Yugyeom’s action but you didn’t feel annoyed at all, it’s weird. Do I probably like him? You quickly shrugged off and followed the maknae back to the dorm.

“Yah! Why did you guys take so long?!” Jackson complained.

“Noona, why is your face blushing?” Bambam innocently asked.

Your hands immediately cupped your cheek and shook your head vigorously.

“Maknae! What did you do to her?!” JB shouted from the corner of the room which made Mark shot up from his lap and looking straight at Yugyeom, then at you.

“I didn’t do anything, hyung.” The maknae nagged because everyone was being suspicious towards him.

“Seriously what did you do to her?” Mark asked with a stern face.

“Hyung, it’s not that _________ noona is hurt or something. It’s just her face blushing, that’s all. Probably she’s being shy around me because I’m such a gentleman” Yugyeom praised himself and nudged you. “Is that right, noona?”

“Yah! Stop being so full of yourself.” You nudged back with greater force.

“Enough, enough, now let’s watch movies! Who’s up for horror movies?” Jr shouted.

“Me!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“Me”

“No!”

“Me!”

Everyone shouted in unison, made everything so unclear. You just froze at your place.

“Let’s ask _________, would you mind if we watch horror movies?” Jr asked.

“Umm… Uh… Yea, um… I think… It’s okay…” You stuttered.

Honestly, you could barely watch horror movies, you would end up staying up all night, moreover, you are alone in your apartment. But you don’t want to disappoint the boys because some of them really want to watch the movie. You don’t want to be the reason they don’t watch it.

“Noona! Take a seat beside me, I will cover you if you are scared.” Yugyeom cheerfully offered.

You took light steps towards the empty spot beside him. You were seating between Yugyeom and Jackson. Mark was on the right side, on the other couch. He was busy playing with his phone with flat emotion. You just shrugged it off, he was your best friend after all, he would tell you if something was bothering him.

The movie was flowing halfway and you end up snuggling towards Yugyeom who offered his right arm for you. The scariest part appeared and everyone screamed, you saw the scene and hid your face behind the maknae’s arm.

 

YUGYEOM’S POV

 

____________ buried her face behind my arm and I could sense her fear. She was a bit trembling, I felt bad for her, she must be really scared. I patted her head and soothe her. My heart was beating abnormally, I think I start to fall for her. While I was carefully soothing the little figure beside me, I felt someone starring straight at me. Not me, us. It was Mark hyung. When I met his eyes, he quickly rolled his eyes and stormed out the room. Nobody noticed since everyone was so focused on the movie.

“Noona, it’s okay, the scariest part was over.” I spoke soothingly towards her ear.

“Oh! I’m sorry, Yugyeom-ah.” She quickly shifted to her normal sitting position.

“It’s okay, noona.” I gave her an assuring smile.

She nodded slightly and looked around then realized that Mark hyung was not there. He asked me where did he go, I said that he went to the balcony.

“Let me find your brother, okay?” __________ said and left her seat.

I nodded and felt a bit disappointed that she left. I gave myself a second thought whether I started to like her and I think that’s a yes. She might be older but she’s really cute and innocent. I really want to take care of her. Then my mind shifted to Mark hyung who was always furious whenever we were being very close. Does he like her too?

 

END OF YUGYEOM’S POV

 

You walked quietly towards the balcony and found Mark was standing, leaning towards the guard rail and gazing at the empty space. You tip-toed and raised your palms to cover his eyes.

“__________-ah, I know it’s you” Mark weakly spoke and lowered your hands slowly.

He turned his face and gave you a faint smile.

“No fun.” You jumped to his side and also starred at the blank space.

Mark suddenly messed your hair and made you pout towards him. You saw him grinning, but still as weak as the first smile.

“Is someone bothering you? You looked so gloomy since I came back from the mart.” You worriedly asked, still gazing to the front.

“Hmmm…” Mark hummed.

You turned your head towards him, waiting for his next reply.

“Nothing, I’m okay.” He smiled genuinely but you could see a little sadness in his eyes.

“You know, I’ll always be here whenever you need me.” You gave him your sweetest smile and hugged his arm.

“Will you?” He shortly asked.

“Of course.” You close your eyes and stayed in your position for a couple of minutes. It was really comfortable. He's like a big brother for you, you've always wanted to have an older brother, since you were the oldest in the family.

“Oh my God, Mark!” You shot your head straight.

“What?” Mark was a bit shocked and curiously asked.

“Our project! All we did was just playing around! Let’s discuss our project.” You tugged his shirt a couple of times and panicked.

“It’s you who was playing around, not me.” He rolled his tongue out and pinched your cheek.

“Let’s go.” He said with his normal sweet energetic smile.