Chapter 1

Consider Me

 

“Excuse me, where is the class for Public Relation course?” You politely asked the lady at the student service in the middle of the lobby.

“It’s on the fourth floor, room 415. Please be there immediately, the class is about to start in fifteen minutes.” Said the lady officer with a smile.

“Okay, thank you.” You slightly bow to the lady and walked to the elevator.

When the elevator opened, you entered and pressed the number 4 button. The door was about to close when you heard someone yelled.

“Wait, hold the door please!” A boy’s voice was heard along with messy footsteps, maybe he ran.

You immediately hold the door open by pressing the button. Two seconds later, a red-haired boy appeared and hurriedly entered the elevator. He was panting and tried to catch his breath. He wore an over-sized t-shirt with a black skinny jeans and a blue backpack hanging on his back. When the door closed, he turned his head towards you who was leaning at right side near the buttons.

“Thank you.” He said with a smile, then he looked at the button you already pressed and turned his head facing the door.

You were a little startled when he flashed his smile, but you managed to respond him with also a little smile. You stared at his face, you felt like he’s familiar or you had seen him somewhere, but you just shrugged it off. When you realized he didn’t press any button, you assumed that he was going to the same floor as you.

When you reached the fourth floor, both of you went out the elevator. You started to look around and searched for room 415, while the boy went the opposite direction from you. When you found the room, you hurriedly enter. The lecturer was not there yet, the class was almost packed with 50 students. Most of them were Korean, you guessed that you were the only foreign student there. All of them were busy with their own stuffs so no one bothered with your presence, only several pair of eyes glanced at you and back to their business. You walked towards an empty chair near the window on the right and sat. A few minutes later, the lecturer came in and the class focused on him. The room was dead silent until the door burst opened and the same boy you met on the elevator entered the room in a rush. Almost the same condition with the elevator, he was panting and crouched down to gasp some air. The class started to buzz with whispers and some girls slightly squealed.

“Hurry, go to your seat!” The lecturer said in a slightly high tone.

The boy just bowed and scanned the room to find an empty seat. The whispers and squeals didn’t stop, you were wondering what were they buzzing about. You admit that the boy was handsome, but that’s all. You started to think whether he was a celebrity, until he passed right in front your face and you took a quick glance at him. Something hit your mind. You realized that you remembered something. That face, his face, was plastered on your friend’s bedroom wall. He was an idol. You face palmed yourself and your heart skipped a beat. Your friend was a fan of GOT7, the newly debuted idol. She had been following them since they were trainees. You remembered that you were once ‘introduced’ to every one of them. You dig through your brain and remembered that his name was Mark, the red haired boy.

“Okay class, this is your first day and be ready for the first project. You will be making a 30 minutes long news report about anything. You should act as the reporter and present your video in front of the class. It is to know how good you are as a public speaker.” The lecturer said, only to be replied by grunts and disappointments from the students.

Project on the first day of class? Great. You thought.

“You are going to be divided into groups of two, so now find yourself a partner.” Continued the lecturer.

The class started to get noisy as everyone shifted from their seats and find partners. Most of them had known each other since the first year, which made you felt like an outcast.

“Hey, have you found a partner?” You heard a girl cutely spoke behind you.

You thought that the girl talked to you. You turned your back only to saw Mark was surrounded by more than five girls, all of them were being flirty and some were begging to be his partner.

He was a bit overwhelmed by the sudden ‘girls attack’ but he still managed to calmly smiled at them. You took a deep sigh and scanned around the room, almost everyone had mingled with their partners.

I guess I should do this alone. You spoke to yourself played with your phone, ignoring everything.

A moment later, you felt someone tapped your shoulder. You slowly turned your head and found Mark shyly smiled at you. Around two steps behind him, all the girls were whispering and glared at you with jealousy.

“Hey, umm… Would you like to be my partner?” Mark said calmly with a little smile.

“Uh... Oh.. Yea, sure, but um…” You took a glance at the girls and back to Mark. “Don’t you get your partner? I mean… They want to be your partner.” You nervously asked.

“Yea, but I don’t think the project will be done effectively if one of them were my partner” He lowered his face and a bit whispering. “If you know what I mean… They might waste the time asking for this and that, took pictures with me or anything else.”

“Oh… Okay then.” You awkwardly smiled at him and quickly turned your head, afraid to see the girls’ deadly glares.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The class was over, everyone rushed out the room, so were you. You walked out the building, looking for directions.

“Hey!” Someone yelled.

You turned your head towards the voice and found Mark was walking towards you.

“What’s your name?” He asked confidently.

You were a bit shocked to see him up close in front of you, his face was perfect, his hair was gorgeous and his eyes were beautiful.

“Hello?" He asked again.

You snapped back to reality when a palm was swinging left and right in front of your face. You mentally slapped yourself for daydreaming in front of a person who was talking to you.

“I… Um… Uh… Oh! My name is ___________” You awkwardly chuckled and smiled.

“__________. Hm.. Do you know me?” He wiggled his eyebrows twice.

“Of course. You are Mark right? From GOT7?” You thanked yourself for not stuttering this time.

“Wooo! You know me.” He beamed.

“Who won’t know you? My friend is a huge fan of GOT7” You answered with some attitude.

“Yeah, I know I am popular. All girls want to be around me. You are lucky to be my partner” He cockily said.

You jokingly scoffed at him and walked forward. He slightly ran and caught the gap you made, so now he’s walking beside you.

“You are an exchange student right? Where do you live? In an apartment?” Mark curiously asked.

“Yeah, I am. And yes again.” You shortly answered. You were a bit shy.

“Where is the building? Want me to walk you?” He offered.

You were flustered that he was so nice with you, even he just knew you, and moreover, he’s an idol. Wasn’t an idol supposed to be ignorant with normal people?

“Thanks but it’s okay. I don’t want to have my face plastered on the internet because of you.” You grinned.

Mark chuckled and continued walking beside you casually. It was evening and the sky was almost dark. The neighborhood was not crowded since it’s not in the middle of the city. It was quiet and peaceful.

You stopped and turn your head towards him.

“Why are you still following me?” You asked with confusion.

“This is the way to my dorm too.” He simply said.

You bit your lip and lowered your face with embarrassment. You continued walking silently side by side until both of reached the end of the road. There were two buildings separated by a little mart in the middle.

“So is this your apartment?” Mark said pointing at the right building.

“Yes, and yours is?” You asked back.

“That” He pointed the building on the left. “Which means we are neighbors! It’ll be easier for us to meet up for the project”

You chuckled and waved him a goodbye, started to walk towards your dorm.

“________! Wait!” Mark yelled.

“Yeah?” You turned your head at him.

“Mind to give me your phone number?” He bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Sorry?” You confusedly asked. A handsome idol just asked for my number? Seriously?! Am I dreaming?

“I mean… It will be easier for us to contact each other regarding the project.” He hurriedly spoke.

“Oh… Sure." You nervously said.

You walked back to him and typed your number on his phone. You bid each other goodbye and entered the dorm. You found yourself smiling and your heart was beating fast. You had never imagined to know or even to be friend with a handsome guy like him. He’s just too perfect for you to handle. You shook your head and shrugged the cheesy feelings off.

He was just being professional as a project partner. It’s impossible for someone like him to like me. You assured yourself.

You jumped onto your bed after washing up. You closed your eyes, ready to sleep until your phone started to vibrate.

 

1 NEW MESSAGE

 

You opened the message and found Mark was texting you.

 

From: 010-xxxx-xxxx

Hey __________! Just want to let you know that this is my number, kkkkk. Goodnight, see you at class soon!-

-Mark-

 

You smiled happily but decided not to reply. You thought he was just informing you so you didn’t have to reply. You smiled and hugged your pillow tightly and drifted to dreamland.