Chapter 8

Seoul Witches

Jongdae

“Hyung, please call me back. I believe whatever is after us may be coming sooner than we thought. Just call me back when you get this message.” After hanging up I bump into some man. At the same time I had flash, damn these stupid visions lately. “Sorry,” I apologized.

“Yeah, watch where you are going next time,” he scolds me without turning around.

“Bastard.” I continue my walk into the mall to get to the café. “Hey, Hyo noona.”

“Don’t ‘Hey, Hyo noona’ me. Do you know how much we had to take over because of you?”

Looking around I took in the very few customers around. “Not a lot.” Before I could let her reply, I said, “Wait a minute. Were you really worried about me?” Turning red in the face I knew I had pushed the wrong button. “How about I close up tonight, and you guys leave early for all your ‘hassle’?” I bargained.

“That’s all I’m asking,” she said finally calming down. As she walks into the back room, I made my way behind the counter where both Jihyun and Jeongkook started harassing me. “Yep,” I muttered to myself. “Just another day.”

 

 


 

Jaeseop

Finishing up my current class I walk to the cafeteria on campus where I’m meeting some friends. As I greet them I notice someone missing. “Hey where’s Dongho?”

Looking up from their food they all share the same confusion. “Oh, he said that he is trying to get a friend of his to join us,” Soohyun said. We then decided to leave that matter behind. As we started to talk about an upcoming school festival, Dongho made his appearance with his friend.

“Hey, guys. Sorry it took me so long. By the way, I want you guys to meet my new friend-”

“Kevin,” I said surprised.

“Jaeseop.”

“Well thank you for ruining my surprise guys. No really thank you,” he said with a pout.

“Aw, it’s ok little buddy,” Soryong tried to calm him.

“I thought I told you stop calling me that,” he whines. As they continue to bicker, everyone else advert their attention to Kevin.

“Um, hi, my name is Kevin. It’s really nice to meet you guys. Dongho talks about you guys a lot,” he greets nervously.

“What does he say?” Soohyun ask as he pulls Kevin to sit next to him. I chuckle to myself as I saw those two getting along. It didn’t take long before Daeryong and I join into the conversation. “Hey, Kevin are you coming to the school festival?”

“Oh, I’ve heard about that. I had thought of going at first, but I then decided not to because I would’ve felt awkward going alone.”

“Well you now have friends to go with,” Daeryong countered. At Kevin’s smile, I couldn’t help but smile myself.

“Will you guys mine if I bring my boyfriend?” he asks. That wiped the smile off my face.

“Sure, why not. The more the merrier,” Soohyun said.

Turning his gaze away from Dongho, Soryong look at me. “Speaking about bringing plus ones, will you bring someone Jaeseop.” I look at him suspiciously.

“What do you mean?”

“Are you going to bring someone with you? You know someone like a cute little coffee barista at the mall? An adorable kitten you’ve known for, I don’t know, your whole life.”

“I thought I said-”

“I should stop going after him, he’s off limits, blah, blah, blah,” he said as he roll his head back and forth. Everybody else just laugh at him. “It’s either you invite him, or I invite him. And we all know how that will turn out.”

I shivered at the last time Jongdae and Soryong were together alone. Let’s just say I was lucky to be there to stop them before, well let’s not think about that. “Fine, I’ll ask him.” Looking down at my watch I told everybody else, “Well I have class soon, so I’ll see you guys later.”

Making my way out I headed for the library for a quick study session. As I sat down at my usual table, I took out all of my notes for my next few classes. I was only about five minute into my notes when I felt a chill. ‘What was that?’ I got up and walk around my table. I thought that it would be weird for anybody to be here in this secluded spot in the library.

I then felt it again. I quickly turn around to see something duck behind a book shelf. I made a dash after the thing only to find it making a quick corner turn. As I turn the same corner it did, I was surprise at what I saw, nothing. That was it nothing besides a window. It would’ve made sense if it had jump out but it couldn’t. The window close and it couldn’t have enough time to open it. The window also looks undisturbed, so it couldn’t have jump through it. Plus we were on the second floor it would’ve been too dangerous to jump.

Making my way back to my table I decided to forget about it all until I found a locket on my books. Picking it up I observed the outside of it. On the back I notice an engraving on it. It said ‘KJ’ on the front. As fear fill my body, I open up the locket to see me, Jongdae, and Minjun, our older brother. “Oh, my God. How did Jongdae’s locket get here?” I ask out loud.

Putting it back in my pocket, I gather my things and went off to class. As I step out of the library, I felt it again. The cold stare. ‘Where’s it coming from?’ I look around to find nobody looking my way. ‘Okay, let’s cool down Jaeseop before you go crazy,’ I advise myself. Leaving the area I decided to think of a plan on how to stop whatever this thing is once class was over.