Chapter 18

Seoul Witches

Author’s Note: Hey, guys long time no see. I wanted to apologize for the unexpected hiatus, but I’m back now. And as a treat, I give you two chapters. Leave a comment at the bottom.

 


(Jongdae)

“Taecyeon? What are you doing here?” I couldn’t believe what is going on here. Why is all of this so familiar?

“What are you doing here?” Kris asks. What’s that supposed to mean?

“I’m here to stop from making a huge mistake.”

“Well I don’t think so.” The blond turn towards me and look into my eyes and everything made sense. It all came rushing back to me.

 

 

--

 

 

I stood still in the gazebo watching as the flowers float in the lake. The breeze gently blowing my silk robe around as they did with the willow tree in the distance. Wait, what? A willow tree was never planted in my family garden before.

Exiting my gazebo, I found my way over towards the willow to investigate. I was so close to the tree when I heard it, the sound of a lyre being played from the willow. My curiosity taking over instinct, I walk even closer towards the sound. If the music and the swaying willow was not scary enough, than being on the inside was absolutely horrific.

I circled the tree for at least five time, but I couldn’t find the source of it. I turn around to head back to my chambers until a shadow reach out and pinned me to the tree. I tried to scream, but the shadow shut my mouth.

I tried to struggle out until I saw a familiar glint in his eyes. The same eyes belonging to the man I swore to destroy if I see him again. My ex-fiancé’s if I’m correct.

“Yifan, what the hell are you doing here?” I hissed at him.

He just smirked at me and loosen his hold on me. “Well baby, I heard you were getting remarried, so I just had to come see.”He glanced at my new engagement ring on my finger. “Never thought you were such a , going men after men. And for what? Their money, the . Just what?”

Pushing him away I glared at him before I began to walk away. I just came out of the willows tendrils when Yifan appeared before me. “Get loss.”

“Not until you give me a perfectly good reason as to why you left? Is it because that guy is more rich than I am? Or are you in it for the ?”

“I am not a common you ,” I retorted. “Now go back to where you belong before I call the guards.”

“Like they could take me on.” He stepped into my personal space again. “I think you’re the only one to take me on, baby.”

Appalled by his innuendoes, I reeled my right arm back and it forward, commanding the tendrils to wrap around the intruder and seized him. “You’re right. Only I can.”

“Jongdae? Darling, where are you?” a voice called out. My fiancé.

I look back at the tree but saw that it disappeared. Damn it. Yifan and his mental tricks.

Securing my robes around myself, I ran back to the castle in hope to never see him again. But all one could only dream.

 

 

--

 

 

Snapping back to reality, I grabbed Kris by his coat and tossed him towards Taecyeon and they both fell. Taking in their moment of shock, I yelled, “Congelo!” (trans. Freeze) I watch as they slowly began to slow down before they became living statues.

Taking a quick breather I ran into the empty museum while remotely shutting off all the alarms. The building seemed endless before until I found the room containing the key. The key that I once feared had at this moment became my enemy for life. There’s obvious no going back home to Valen. There’s obviously no choice but to destroy it.

As I came face to face with it, I held out my hand and watch as the key shook from its confines and shatter the glass while flying into my awaiting hand.

As I turn around, I found Kris standing by the entrance. “What are you going to do with that?”

“I’m going to do what I should’ve done long ago,” I said as I walk up to him. “I’m going to destroy it.”

“And what about your brother? Are you really selfish enough to leave him in the hands of Kiseop?”

“I’m not afraid of either of you. As long as I trust in my powers, my magic, my family, I can destroy you and him.”

“What makes you so confident that you can take me on.”

By now we were nose to nose. “Because you’re nothing more than a projection of what you think you are. You’re nothing more than an insecure little boy who can’t handle rejection.”

“Why you-”

“Discedo.” (trans. depart)

In a flash of white lights, Kris’ projection returned back into his mind.

Looking down at the Draco Clavem, I left the building and drove back home to find something in the Book of Shadows that can help me trace Jaeseop hyung, destroy the key, and kill the other guys.

But like my mistake before, only one can hope for success.