Chapter 14

Seoul Witches

Hey, this is my first chapter in what i believe is a long time. Hope you like it!

 


(Jongdae)

 

 

Riffling through my endless wardrobe, I finally found my designer coat I had gotten from Shanghai. Putting it on, I did a once over of my outfit: a cream colored button up tuck into my black skinnies. I also pick out my favorite ankle-boots.

After fixing my hair a little, I left my room and made my way to Jaeseop’s room. Seeing it open I step in and said, “Jae-hyung, you done or- Whoa! What’s with the get up, Romeo? Meeting your Juliet?”

I observed him as I made myself at home on his bed. He was sporting a skin-tight white button up with very form fitting jeans. He also had on some nice dress shoes and double ed vest with a long black coat. His hair is even done up nicely. Suspicious.

“Huh? What?”

“I ask are you meeting anyone tonight or are you hosting an award show?” I ask sarcastically. I saw him hesitating for a moment. “Don’t even think about lying to me.”

He looks down at his shoes while falling back on his bed. “I’m trying to impress Kevin.”

“Oh.”

“Oh?”

“What?”

“That’s all you could say about my life crisis?”

“What? I don’t see you doing anything wrong. You see boy. You like boy. You invite him to prom. I don’t see what the big deal is,” I stated matter-of-factly.

He let his face fall into his hand before he said grudgingly, “He already has a boyfriend.”

“Oh. That makes some sense I guess.” I look at my poor brother. “How about I help?”

“Help how?” he asks pathetically.

“I become the distraction.” Seeing his confusion, I continued with my plan. “I just enhance my natural abilities and make him putty in my hands. Kevin is yours for the win.”

He looks like he was going to consider it but he shook his head and said no. “I don’t want to be the reason they broke up.”

“But-” one stern look from him got me to shut up. Getting up and giving him my hand, I ask him, “How about I become your distraction? I use my brotherly charm to get your mind off of Kevin for the night?”

Seeing his smile, I knew I gotten him. “Alright,” he agrees as he grabs my hand to pull him up. “How would you like to accompany me to the Full Moon Festival tonight?” he ask me.

“I don’t know. I think my boyfriend would be devastated that I would choose my brother over him. Let me think about it.”

Laughing at our little banter, we walk downstairs and out the front door. We soon got into the car and drove off to Jaeseop’s school. Hopefully it will be great.

 

 


 

 

Grabbing a hold of the soda pass to me, I stared at my brother in boredom. I glance down at my watch before popping the cap off of the bottle and took a big gulp. “Are you sure that they are coming?”

“For the sixth time, yes,” he said annoyed. At me or his friends, I couldn’t tell though. “Although, I’m starting to believe that I’m just kidding myself now.”

“It’s okay. Think we could just do our own thing until they-”

“Hey, guys!” a blond stranger interrupted me. He was also followed by a familiar fellow. ‘Okay, I think I’m going crazy,’ I thought. “I hope you guys weren’t waiting long.”

“Of course not,” Jaeseop answered for us both. I just gave him a judging look. Clearing his throat he turn to the stranger. “Kiseop-shi, it’s so nice to see you again.”

“Likewise,” Kiseop replied back dully. He then turn his gaze towards me and that threw me off for a second. I don’t know why but it felt like I was having déjà vu or something. “And who’s this fine young creature?” he ask as he stuck his hand out.

I tried not puke out my breakfast when I heard that. I just place the fakest smile I could muster and said, “I’m Jongdae, Jaeseop’s little brother.” I grab his hand to shake but as made contact I was pulled into a surprise premonition.

/There was a sign in sheet to a paper that read ‘Gangbuk Institute Sign-In’. There was a lady voice in the background that said, “Sir, please sign this. And who may I ask are you visiting…”/

Letting go of his hand, I began to fell before Jaeseop caught me in time. “Whoa, there, little bro. You okay?”

“Um, yeah. I think I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” Kevin ask with full concern. “You look like you could lie down.”

“No it’s okay. I get headaches like this from time to time.”

“Or he just couldn’t handle something as good as me,” Kiseop suggested. ‘How conceited.’

“Anyways,” Kevin smiled trying to ignore his boyfriend, “are the others here?”

“No it’s just us. Alone. In the cold. Freezing. To death.” I replied. Hearing a cough beside me, I cleared my throat and ask, “How about we go inside and look around while we wait?”

“Sounds like a plan,” Kevin smiled once again. Wow he’s so sweet.

Walking pass the school gates, we look at all of the booths outside full of different things like: food vendors, arts & crafts, games, etc. There’s so much you could do.

Thinking on my feet I loop my arm through Kevin’s and look through his lifeline. Most importantly, his childhood. Seeing what I need, I ask to be casual about my sudden attack on him. “So Kevin, I had this feeling that we would be great friends.”

“Really?” he ask happily.

“Yeah, and as a friend I want to know more about you. You know like an almost dark secret.”

He look uncertain. “I don’t know. I mean you’re nice and everything, but do you think secrets are the way to start bonding with a stranger?”

“Hey, it’s no secret if the whole world knows about it. Like do you know that I still have my old stuff animal collection and still collect them if I find them cute?”

That got his attention. He turn around to check around before whispering to me, “I actually still do have my old animal collection as well.”

I feign surprise. “Really now. How about we add to our collection?”

“What do you mean?” I nodded my head over to the basketball shoot game.

“Wanna try?”

“Why not?”

“Hey, Jae-hyung, Kiseop-shi, wanna play some hoops?” I broke their awkward tension. Finding no better answer, they both nodded.

We gather around the basketball booth and we paid for our five rounds. I was told not to use magic so basically I failed. Horribly. Eh, I was never good in that kind of physical activity anyways. Kevin got two of the five shots, and that gave him a cute hat.

I wanted my brother to show his best so every time Kiseop went to shoot the ball, I threw it off its course. I gave him three balls in though. He got Kevin a cute small bear. Jaeseop manage to impress Kevin by making all of the shots and giving him a huge stuff puppy. That didn’t go by Kiseop very well.

We did some more stuff before we sat down to eat. Jaeseop went to get food while Kiseop left for the restroom. When I was sure they were both gone, I finally ask, “What was that whispering earlier?” Seeing my seriousness, he looks down and mumbles something I couldn’t hear. “What?”

“I said Kiseop doesn’t really like it.”

“Why?”

He hesitated again before continuing. “He believes that grown men shouldn’t be playing with stuff animals. That I should grow up and stuff.”

“How could you let him do that? You should be with somebody that would like you for who you are.” I made a discreet glance at my big bro.

“I was before everything went downhill,” he mumbled. That caught my attention.

“What did you say?”

He made sure we were alone once more before he told his story. “Well a couple of years ago. I had a boyfriend that I loved. He loved me too. Well that’s what I thought before he attack me. I thought that I was done for. But Kiseop was there to save me; I knew that I was devoted to him since then.”

Wow, talk about bitter-sweet. I just somehow don’t believe that Kiseop is just that capable of just saving someone but still be coldhearted. Something’s not adding up. And that premonition, what was that all about? I might investigate on my own.

I couldn’t continue my thoughts before I found an arm around my waist. “Well hello there my precious kitten,” I heard someone whisper huskily into my ears.

“Soryong, longtime no see,” I said as I place a hand on his chest and push him aside and turn to greet the rest.

“Well I couldn’t leave a damsel by himself.”

“Well I came here with a someone else.”

“Who?”

Turning to see Jaeseop putting the food down, I jump into his arms and yelled, “MY DATE!!”

“What?! I knew that I should’ve drove here by myself but no~! Dongho insisted and now we’re late and I miss my only chance to be with Jongdae. Thanks a lot Dongho!” he yelled at Dongho.

“Hey, don’t blame me. Do you know how hard it is to travel in a small car with unexpected guest coming along?” Dongo yelled back.

Everybody else just laugh at their antics. Well beside Kiseop. I was soon place down and we both sat in our seats and began to talk. I couldn’t help but keep a close eye on Kiseop the entire night.

‘Can he be a crazy person that escape from Gangbuk Institute?’ I thought to myself.

 

 


Comment to tell me what you think!! Subscribe if you like me!! Thank you~!!!