Chapter 22

Seoul Witches

(Somewhere in the Himalayas...)

“Oh my God, oh my God,” I thought as I try to bundle deep into my coat. Looking to my left I found my older brother just standing there looking into the distance. I continued to stare as him wondering if he already froze off his nerves and doesn’t feel this chill. Not taking this quiet atmosphere anymore I spoke without thinking.

“So we’re just gonna stand here and not talk about how I might die of hypothermia?”

That seemed to have snapped him out of his stupor as he turns towards me and gave me a questioning look. “Huh, what did you say?”

“Never mind,” I sigh as I shook my head. “What the big plan on stopping your almost-dragon-demon-boyfriend and the trouble duo?” I curl further into my coat and utter a quick heating spell.

“I was kinda hoping to wing it like that time with the incubus.”

“Yes such beautiful memory,” I said as I recall the incident with my close encounter with the -demon. “Do you even have an idea of how to winging through this mess?”

“Well I-”

Jaeseop was cut off as an invisible force knocks him back. “HYUNG!!” I began to run after him but I felt a cold feeling creeping up my leg, trapping me in place. I turn back to find the culprit of such magic to find not only the dragon possessed boy but also the two witches after the key since the beginning. “What the-” I got cut off by now ex-boyfriend.

“Wow, I didn’t expect the two of you to actually came for me,” Dragon said. His voice began to distort itself from his host original voice. It gave me a chill down my spine.

“What are you three doing together?” I ask. I notice from the corner of my eyes that Jaeseop was getting up.

“Well these to find gentlemen promised me a safe trip home if I give them a doorway to there.” Turning back to see the other two nodding, Dragon turn back to me and smirk. “I think I made a good deal.”

“You’re not going to get away from this,” I heard Jaeseop stammer as I continue to stand.

“Oh, you’re still alive. Well we’ll just have to take care of that. Boys.”

On command Kiseop squeezed his hand into a fist as he said, “Premo.” (trans. squeeze) I heard as my brother began groaning.

“Stop this!” I yelled at these derange monsters. “Stop this!”

“Oh, attitude. Kris why don’t you take care of this.”

I watch on in horror as his eyes turn black like Kiseop and he raised his hand with his palm facing towards the sky. I felt the ice creeping its way up my legs. Pushing my hands forward I yelled, “MITTE!!” (trans. Send away)

The wind and snow pick up and push all three men back, breaking all concentration they had on their spells. Taking this opportunity I telekinetically broke the ice and ran towards my brother. “Are you okay, stupid?”

Coughing and hacking Jaeseop just gave me a look that just screams ‘you ’. I would’ve laugh at this moment when I felt the other three coming back as we began to stand up we saw the three men glaring our way.

“Seems like I’m still underestimating you little boy, but you won’t be surprising anymore.”

“But I will,” a voice said out of the blue. Turning towards the voice everybody was surprise to find Taecyeon standing there with a glare directed towards dark witches. Still wary about his intent, Jaeseop step in front of me.

“And who might you be?” Dragon asks with a bored tone.

Before he could answer Kris said in a disgusted tone, “That’s the little prince’s fiancé.” This got the dragon’s attention.

“Wait wait wait wait a minute,” he laugh. “You’re telling me that this is the guy that you lost to for the heart of the King’s precious one.”

Kris didn’t say anything as both he and Taecyeon have a glaring match. While they were still doing this I got strange looks from Jaeseop as everything came back to me at once. It all makes sense now, his dangerous aura because he was a wild lover. The marriage vision represented his proposal to me. That’s why he’s here – for my love. I was brought of my thought by the demon’s distort voice.

“Well this was really fun but I have a portal to open.”

He began walking towards my brother and I when Jaeseop raised his arm and shot out a blue beam. At the same time though Dragon shot a green beam from his hand, pushing back Jaeseop’s powers. The struggle went on for a while before I sent a telekinetic blast from beneath him, sending him down to the ground.

As he struggle to get up, we turn and saw the other three in a middle of a fight – two v. one. As Taecyeon shot out another energy beam, he turn towards us and yelled, “Go and keep the portal closed. I’ve got it covered here.”

Taking his word we made a quick dash up the mountain and into what appeared to be a cave. As we passed the threshold, we step into another plane – opposite of the one outside the cave. Trees and grass surrounded us, and a waterfall could be seen from the distance. Shangri-La is what some would have called it. Walking further down the pathway there led us to a familiar set of tangled trees.

“Here it is,” Jaeseop finally breathed.

“Never thought I would see this again.”

“Neither did I,” said an unwanted voice.

As we turn around I felt a sudden force pushing me off to the side, nearly hitting a tree. Landing with an ‘oomph’ I watch as the dragon demon closed in on my brother.

 

 

--

 

 

(Jaeseop)

I began to utter a spell when a sudden squeezing feeling acted on my heart. I fell down as my heart struggled to pump blood about my body. I strain as I heard Dragon laugh at my misfortune.

“Now it’s time for the final event,” he declared before standing in front of the trees. Placing both hands on either side of the archway, he began to chant. “Aperire ostium. Ostendo mihi domus meus. Aperire ostium.” (trans. Open the door. Reveal to me my home. Open the door.) As the light began to grow and grow, I took this moment of awe to stand up and materializing a dagger into my hand.

I stood behind the boy and spun him around by his arms. Without hesitation I swipe the knife as if to slice his neck and whispering, “Aufero draco. Dissolvere.” (trans. Take away the dragon. Dissappear.)

As the dagger slice though the neck piece the dragon’s eyes began to glow before its main body dissolved into a gold dust. As it floated off I caught the blond boy from falling. I gently laid him onto the soft grass as Jongdae made his way towards me.

“What did you do?”

“I don’t know. I just commanded the knife to take the dragon off of Kevin.”

“That’s good, right?”

“Think again,” said a distorted voice. Turning around we saw a pure black humanoid entity standing there. The mist he was covered in made him hard to see except for his eyes. They show the same glow as the key.

“You’re the dark entity, aren’t you?”

“And one point for the little prince.” He began stalking his way over to us. “Did you really think that you could defeat me with that childish spell?”

We both began backing up into the portal – talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place – when a voice came from inside. It was both familiar yet not.

“Maybe the power of three can destroy you for good.”

Everybody turn towards the glowing trees and stared as a shadow figure began walking their way.

“Oh, my god,” I heard Jongdae whispered.

“It can’t be,” the demon said

“No way,” I said in awe.

The man finally appeared and gave us his signature smirk. “Did you all miss me?”

 

 

 

“Myungsoo,” Jongdae and I both said in shock and awe.