Chapter 7

Seoul Witches

Looking into the mirror in the hallway I fix my hair one more time before walking into the kitchen. I found Jaeseop hyung finishing his breakfast. “Hey, I’m about to head out for work. Do you have the grocery list for when I’m coming back from work?”

“Yeah, it’s on the fridge.” Walking over to the refrigerator, I took the list as well as my car keys from the counter. “Hey, I’ll also be out late tonight, so don’t wait up or anything.”

“Sure thing.” Putting on my shoes, I left the house and got in my car. As I drove to the café, I thought of the tarot cards. It had been about almost a week since that happen, but it still got to me. Other than that I’ve been hanging out with Kris a lot more. This week was the grand revealing of some artifact that Kris’ parents found. It was apparently something worth seeing.

Parking my car around the back I enter the café through the back entrance. I made it in time to see Jihyun and Hyoyeon getting ready. “Hello, you two. How’s everything?”

“Hey. Can you get all the machines to start working? We’re about to start,” Hyoyeon ordered.

“Alright. Where’s Jeongkook?”

“Oh, he’ll be by later. Late night classes and all.”

“Alright,” I said as I turn the sign on the door to open. Settling behind the counter behind I took in Jihyun’s tense and stiff posture. “Hey, you alright?”

“Huh. Oh, nothing Jongdae. Just a little tired, that’s all.”

“I don’t think so,” I mumbled. Seeing as nobody arrived yet I went over to the cappuccino machine and made a quick drink while adding a little something extra. Besides the fact that I’m a great psychic, I’m also the best potion maker. And since potion making is like cooking, that made it easier to create anything that anybody will love. So finishing up the cappuccino, I gave it to older girl.

“Thanks you,” he said as he drank. I watch in satisfaction as she started to relax instantly. Sighing in relief I busied myself by starting to brew some coffee. And that’s how my morning went for the next couple of hours. As my break started coming up, I got the feeling of being watch. Looking up I didn’t see anything in particular, just customers and people passing by.

“Jongdae, are you ok?” Hyoyeon ask.

Blinking out of my daze, I smiled at her. “Yeah, I was just heading out for my break.”

“Ok, be back soon.”

“Alright, see you later, noona.” Taking off my apron I made my way outside the mall. I continue on from the mall to a park nearby. Looking around I saw a bunch of little children playing and laughing. ‘I wish I was like that,’ I thought. ‘Carefree and happy. No 500 or something year old baggage to carry for eternity.’

With a pitiful chuckle I continued my walk down a path into the forest. People usually go down this path for a nice stroll, and now I see why. As I got lost in the beauty of the nature surrounding me, I stumble upon a fork in the road. On my left was a clear path that obviously led back to the park. The right path seems to lead further into the forest. Letting my curiosity get the best of me I chose the right path.

Looking around me I took in the lack of sunlight and life in the area. No wonder nobody goes down here. Keeping my guard up, I walk further and further until I couldn’t hear the children in the park from earlier. I didn’t know what I was looking for until I felt it. A chill of some sort rush through me. It was like the same feeling back at the café but only stronger. Turning a whole 360, I look for any signs of life around.

I didn’t need to apparently when a shadowy figure jump from the bushes and attack me. After some wrestling on the ground for a while, I push the thing off me. Looking up I saw the creature cloak in a shadowy energy field of some sort. The only thing I could see was its glimmering black eyes. It look ready to charge, so I flicked my wrist as I yelled, “Incendo.”

It manage to dodge a fire, but it didn’t see my next move. “Conicio.” I waved my hand and threw it at a nearby tree. Breathing hard we stared at each other for a while until my phone went off. Looking down to get my phone, I saw it was Hyoyeon noona calling me. Turning back to the mysterious shadow, all I found was an empty spot. Picking up the phone I answered, “Hey, noona, what’s up?”

“What’s up is that you have been gone for an hour! Where the are you?!” she yelled.

Widening my eyes in realization, I responded back. “Damn. Alright I’ll be right back. Just cover for me.” Hanging up I pocket my phone and got off the ground. Looking around one more time, I made a quick dash the way I came.

For the rest of the day, I couldn’t get that creature out of my mind. I now knew for sure that my life, as well as my brother, was in deep trouble. What I don’t get is, why didn’t I see that creature coming? What or who is that shadow?

 

 


 

Tanslation: Incendo - Burn  Conicio - Throw

So I decided to try to do an action seen. I'm obviously not that good. Just leave a comment to tell me what you think. Thank You <3