Chapter 16

Seoul Witches

Making a left turn, I quickly jump back behind the wall when I saw a security guard. He must still be doing his rounds right now. I had just snuck into the building through the back door and made sure that there was a spell over the security system in order to stay undetected. I just forgot about the being seen face-to-face.

I inhaled deeply through my nose before muttering a quick glamour spell. Can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. Turning around, I casually walk by the guard trying to be aloof. I only got three steps away before he turn around and called me out.

“Hey, Seungpyo hyung, why are you still here?”

Huh, maybe my disguise wasn’t that bad. I turn to the other man and read his name tag. “Oh, nothing. It’s just I think I forgot something in one of the activity room. I was just gonna go get it before leaving.”

“Alright, but be quick. Me and Byunghyun needs to get home.”

“Alright.”

Seeing him leave, I turn back around and made a quick dash up the stairs until I reach the third floor. Waving my hand over my face, I felt my clothes changing as well as me shrinking back to my short five foot eight cute and adorable self. Fiddling with my satchel, I found the blue print of the third floor and followed the direction given until I found the stairs that will lead me to the fourth floor.

I made it up the stairs as quickly as I could and felt sick from the sudden change in atmosphere. Something’s off.

As I walk further into the floor, I felt like I was being suffocated by the darkness. Making another turn, I stop when I heard voices. They sounded like whispers. And there were a lot of them. I cringed as the voices became more frantic; all of them trying to tell me something. They sounded frantic by now.

I held my breath as I tried to concentrate when I finally heard their voices. One of them yelled, “He’s behind you! Run!” while another exclaimed, “Get out of there! They’ll find you! Get out, now!”

Not taking my chances, I ran as quickly as I could until I found a janitor closet. I open the door and went inside and took a peek through the gap. I waited for a second until I saw a dark hooded figure coming from where I was.

They stood there for a moment before they turn to go down the east hallway. I crack the door open a little more and saw them stopping in front of a room. Room 316. Keeping that in mind, I watch as he stood there before knocking on the door.

It didn’t take long before another person open the door. He was also obscured from my vision. They stood there for a while; they seem to be in the middle of a conversation. They soon ended their conversation before leaving through another hallway.

I waited for a good five minutes or so before leaving my hiding spot. I walk up to room 316 and hesitated when my hand almost touch the door knob.

Do I really want to know what’s behind this door?

A part of me really was scared of what I might find. I was afraid that if I open it, I might find a trap waiting for me. Or even worse, Jaeseop hyung in there dead.

Pushing that thought aside, I twist the knob and push the door open. At first glance, I notice nothing out of the ordinary. The room look like any other room. I closed the door behind me and walk further into the room. I turned to the bed and notice that nobody was there.

So is Kiseop really behind all of this?

I was going to find something from the bed until I heard a thump from behind the closet door. I turn around and notice the door being closed. “Aperire,” (trans. Open) I said aloud.

The door flew open from an unseen force, and behind it was what appeared to be a man. And he was cowering, or trying to, away from me. I began to panic before pleading, “Please, don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you.”

He began mumbling something under his breath. I tried to move closer to hear him, but he shouted at me. “Stay back, you witch!”

“I said that-”

“I don’t care! Just stay away!”

I stared at him for a little before something caught my eye. On his bed side table was a picture frame. In the photo was of two boys in their teens’, and they look very happy. What caught my eyes though was that one of the boys was Kevin.

Walking up to the frame, I pick it up and was it by an overwhelming feeling of love, happiness, joy, you name it. It was like a whirlwind of emotions.

“Kevin…” I whispered to myself.

“What?” the man ask in a whisper.

Turning back, I stared at him confusedly before answering him. “I said, Kevin. This boy in the frame looks like him.”

“You know Kevin.” He seems to be stepping out of his shell as he slowly walk up to me. I notice that he was about six feet tall and really needed to shower and shave. Other than that, he looks like a nice handsome man. Why would he be in such a place like this?

“Yeah, he’s a friend of mine. Do you know him?”

“He was my boyfriend.”

That made my blood ran cold. I recall Kevin telling me at the fair that his last boyfriend went crazy or something. I took a cautious step back until I felt the table hit the back of my knees.

I look into his aura but saw nothing sinister or anything like that. If anything his aura was almost calm and somewhat frighten.

“You were Kevin’s boyfriend? The one that went crazy?”

He just scoff at what I said before he took the photo from my hand and placing it down. He sat down on his bed with me following his lead. He turn to me before asking, “Is that what he told you?” Seeing my nod, he continued. “Well if I know one thing it’s that I would never and could never hurt Kevin like that. He is too precious.”

He said that so fondly. He sounded very sincere. “Um, earlier you mention that I was a witch. How did you know?”

“I guess it had to do with the fact that you open a door that was five feet from your reach.”

“Yeah, why were you in the closet?”

“Um…” he seem to hesitate, but I had to know.

“Come on, I won’t judge.”

“It- it’s…” he sighs. He look out his window before he explain. “It’s the place I feel safe. It keeps me away from all the hurtful people out there. Witches, too.”

“Hey-”

“Not you. I meant my tormentors.” He must have seen my look of confusion because he explains. “Did Kevin ever tell you the story of how I got here? Well, he didn’t one thing; his boyfriend Kiseop is a witch himself. And an evil one I might add.”

My eyes widen at the news. So those visions I’ve been having around Kiseop was of his visits to this guy.

“Before he came along, Kevin and I was what people called a match-made in heaven. We were understanding of each other and respect each other’s space. We were always faithful to one another as well. That was until that came along.

“He corrupted me. At first I thought I was going crazy until I learn that he was using his dark magic to make me turn. I felt like I was being force to watch myself turn evil and abuse Kevin. I almost killed him if it weren’t for the cops. They took me away before anything could happen. Thank god.”

I stared at him in pity. He doesn’t deserve this.

“I thought that it was all over, but boy who was I kidding. He came by almost every night just to torture me and watch me slowly destroy myself. I always hope that I could still live to see another day when he comes around.”

“You don’t deserve this.” He look at me as I spoke for the first time. “I’m going to find him, kick his , save my brother, and get you out of here.”

I stood up and made my way outside. I stop at the door when I heard his voice. “And how are you going to do that?”

Turning back around, I look at him straight in the eye before telling him, “Well, by magic of course.” I my head to the side and ask, “By the way I never got your name.”

“It’s Eli. Eli Kim.”