Chapter 5

Seoul Witches

Picking up myself from my bed I stared at the clock and saw that it was already 12:28 a.m. ‘Crap! I already miss two of my classes,’ I thought as I dash to get dress to at make to my other classes before I’m anymore late.

 As I dash into the kitchen to get some toast, I saw Jongdae staring at me in amusement. “What are you smiling at?”

“I set your clock 4 hours ahead of time to see how you would react.”

“Why would you do that?!”

“To see the funniest freak out in my own house.” Turning around he picked up the plate and cup on the counter and gave it to me. “There’s breakfast. You’re welcome.”

“Where are you going?” I asked as I notice him in what seem to be a workout outfit, which is weird since he doesn’t workout.

“Well I am planning to work out after breakfast.”

“Does this have to do anything with what you saw from that soup you made yesterday?”

“Well not that it’s any of your business but yes. Now stand up.” Not knowing what to expect I stood up as he circled me. “Yeah, we got to do something this,” he gestured to my clothes which were all wrinkly and mismatch. Before I could comprehend his next actions, he waved his hand over my attire. I watch as the fabrics, materials, and colors change before my eyes. Once it settles I was fashioned in a loose cardigan over a white v-neck and dark blue jeans.

“Wow, thanks.”

“Don’t mention it babe,” he said with a playful wink. As we walk towards the front door, we got our individual bags and put on our shoes.

“Do you want me to drive you?” I ask.

“Nah, I’ll just walk. It won’t take long.”

“Ok later then.”

While Jongdae started walking away, I open my car door. Before I could even get inside though, I heard him yell, “I would go straight to the Starbucks by the university if I were you.”

Rolling my eyes at him I started the car and drove to the university. I kept thinking of all of the scenarios that could happen. All that thinking came to a stop when I arrived at the university. After some internal battles happening inside me, I finally got out of the car and went to the Starbucks outside the school.

Walking in I took a good look around until I found the Sunghyun sitting in a booth by himself obviously busy doing work. Walking to the counter I ordered a quick drink before moving in on my target.

When he still didn’t notice me, I faked a cough to get his attention. Looking up from his work he smiled as he said, “Oh, hey, it’s you again.”

“Yeah, hi.” ‘Could you be anymore lame, Jaeseop,’ I thought. “Is this seat available?” I ask.

“Um, no please sit down.” As I sat down, he asks me, “So do I every get to know the name of the man that I bump into?”

“Why yes you do. It’s Kim Jaeseop. And I’m going on to test my luck but is yours buy any chance Woo Sunghyun?”

At the pain expression on his face, I was going to ask what’s wrong but he interrupted me. “Oh, no. How did you find out about that? I thought no one knew.”

Having mercy on him I took out his wallet and showed it to him. “I found this yesterday after you left. It had enough information in it for me to know enough about you,” I explain as I hand it back to him. “It’s okay, I didn’t look at anything else.”

“Well whatever you please don’t you ever repeat that name.”

“Alright, then what can I call you?”

Letting out a sigh, he let out a sweet smile as he said, “My name is Kevin Woo.”

“Well it’s nice to finally meet you Kevin.”

“As it is to finally meet you Jaeseop.”

Before anything could go any further, a man that seems kind of familiar came out of nowhere. “Hi, babe. What are you doing?” he said as he kisses Kevin’s cheek.

“Nothing Kiseop. What are you doing here anyway? You don’t go to school here.”

“I just thought that I could visit you.”

“Well that’s very sweet of you.” Looking up and my eyes he seemed to have remembered me. “Oh, Kiseop this is my new friend Jaeseop. Jaeseop, this is my boyfriend, Kiseop.”

Extending his hand for a handshake, I took it as we greeted each other. Well that explains who is in the picture with Kevin, sadly. But why do I seem to remember somewhere else. Before I could think any further, I saw Kevin pushing him out of the place before coming back. “I’m sorry about that. He tends to be overprotective of me sometimes.”

“Nah, that’s okay. I mean I guess I would be to if I had a boyfriend as cute as you,” I said playfully.

“Why Mr. Kim, I don’t think you should be saying such a thing to me,” he retorted just as playful.

“Well you don’t seem that much offended, Mr. Woo. If I were to guess I would think that you’re really enjoying this.” I said as we both laugh.

“You know you’re a really funny guy.”

“Really because I tend to hear that I’m just some big dork.” I can actually hear Jongdae’s voice right now.

“Well you can tell them that they’re wrong.” Looking at the time on his phone he saw the time and started to pack up. “I have to go. I have classes right now. I’ll see you later then?”

“Faster than you could comprehend.” At his questioning look, I told him, “Check your phone.”

Picking it up he saw a text from an unknown number. Looking back up he must have saw my smug look. “How did yo-”

“I kind of found something a little more than your name and birth date.”

“Why you-”

“Just text me back when you have an answer,” I told him as I left the café.

Earlier at the café I had discreetly sent a message to his phone while we were talking. Or was it considered flirting? Anyway I ask him if he would like to hang out together. I just needed a reply. As I walk to class, I didn’t get any reply. I knew that this might happen. ‘I must have came on too strong,’ I thought.

Before I could discourage myself into further shame, I felt a vibration in my pocket. I took out my phone and found a text from Kevin. I open it after a moment of hesitation. I nearly jump in joy to find out that he had agreed to it.

I didn’t care that I was grinning like an idiot. It seem like great things are given to people who deserves it like me. Nothing could ruin my day.


 

I lied. I couldn't help but write a chapter for just Jaeseop himself. Hope you enjoy,