Chapter 11

Seoul Witches

Jaeseop

Rolling up the sleeves of my red flannel shirt I look around at the attic. Or at least what was left of it. I turned around as I heard Jongdae walk up the stairs.

“-not hurt. I’m serious, Kris, I’m fine. I went to the doctors already. Ok, ok, just help your parents with that new presentation or whatever. Alright, bye.” Hanging up, Jongdae heaved a sigh before looking at me.

“Trouble?” I asked.

“Try overprotective,” he sigh. “But I know that he is just worry. I mean who wouldn’t be worried if their friend was in a fire?”

“Friend?” Seeing his glare, I decided to change topic. “So how did this happen again?”

Walking up to me and looking around at all of the black char of a mess, he said, “Um, found a mysterious man up here, interrogated, got zapped, drop candle, and he escape.”

“OK. Well what do you think he was trying to find?”

“What do you think? He must be looking for the key. He must think we still have it.”

“Well good thing we don’t have it.” Picking up what use to be a book, I turn to my baby brother, “Think we could fix this all of this up?”

Snorting at my question, he smirk at me. “Do you think I was born yesterday?”

“Sometimes yes actually.”

“Shut up and let’s do this,” he said with an eye roll.

Facing each other, we place our palms together and started chanting. “Restituo. Revivesco. Convertet. Sana. Restituo. Revivesco. Convertet. Sana.” Following its orders all of the stuff in the attic started to rebuild itself as well as healing from all of its burn marks. We continue to repeat the chant until everything was back in its place.

Seeing as everything is as good as new, we link arms and made our way downstairs. “So what’s our next plan of action?” he asks me.

“We are going to do something I never thought we would never do ever again, consult the book.”

“Wa-wa-wait. The book. As in The Book of Shadows, the one that you destroyed after you got executed back in 1692, in America?” he accused.

I suddenly felt guilty all of a sudden. “Alright, alright. To tell you the truth, I did destroyed it but,” as I said this, I open the closet door under the stairs, “I reconstituted it after I realized that I couldn’t get back to Korea. I just didn’t tell you because I didn’t want what happen to me, happen to you.” Turning on the closet light, I pulled out an old chest deep within the close space. Walking into the dining room, I place the chest on the table. Waving my hand over the top of the box the lock glow for a second before I open the lid of the box. Pulling out the once forgotten book and placing it on the table. It was an old, thick, dark green, leather bound book with a dragon wing on the cover.

“Oh, my God. My baby is back!” Jongdae squealed. He pushed me to the side as he started to look through our family’s book. “Oh, my. I remember this spell. I created it to bring out the ‘wild’ side in people. Minor setback, but I perfected it and everybody just loved it.” Clearing my throat, I got his attention back on me. “Sorry,” he whispered.

“Anyway, I remembered back when we were still in Valen on the run, I created a spell. You didn’t know about it because I usually cast it after you sleep. It was a protection spell that dad and I created when I was a teenager.” While retelling the story, I flipped through the book. “I remember it was created to block out all source of evil. I had to alter it after what happen to dad.”

Finally finding the page, I showed it to Jongdae. “Pulchritudo Praesidium? Beauty’s Protection? What does it do?”

“It is supposed to bring out the beauty within nature and project it around the area and block out evil. I was haven’t use this since we came here, but I think we should use it now that whoever’s after us knows where we are.”

“When do we do it though?”

“Tonight. I wrote so that the moon’s light could be a source of power.”

Looking through the book once more, Jongdae turn to me. “Do you mind me leaving for a while?”

“Where are you going exactly?” I raised a brow. I watch as he made his way into the foyer and grab his long coat off the rack.

“I’m just going to go for a walk,” he said before closing the door. Shrugging it off I turn back to the book before going to gather some stuff in the backyard garden.

 

 

..

 

 

Jongdae

I know I shouldn’t have lied to my hyung, but I had to. I needed to do something about my current problems. I didn’t walk far before I reached my destination. I walk up the steps to the front door and rang the doorbell.

I didn’t wait long until a familiar man open the door. By his expression, I had obviously surprised him. “Hi.”

“H-Hi,” he stuttered.

“Can I come in?”

“Uh, um, yeah sure,” he said as he open the door further open, letting me in.

Stepping pass the threshold I slightly turn my head to his and said, “Thanks…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Taec.”

 


 

Translation:

Restituo-Restore

Revivesco-Resurrect

Convertet-Bring back

Sana-Heal

Pulchritudo Praesidium-Beauty's Protection

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry for not uploading for a long time as well as posting that lamo of a chapter earlier. I've been busy for a while but I've somewhat manage a time manage... -ish. Anyway I hope this chapter is up to par. Leave a comment and tell me what you think.