Chapter 17

Seoul Witches

Hi~ I'm back!! Hope you like this chapter.

Note: This=Flashbacks


(Jaeseop)

I flipped the pages in my book until I found my bookmark. I began reading the current chapter on the ‘Great Wars in Valen’. I just got to the part where the Valians and Icrans began their war when I felt a tug on my shirt. I place my bookmark into the book and turn towards my intruder.

Looking down I found my baby brother standing there with a little pout on his lips. ‘Uh-oh,’ I thought, ‘who did what now?’

Seeing his outstretch arm, I grabbed him under his arm and placed him in my lap. my fingers through his hair, I finally ask him, “What happened this time?” All he did was mumble some stuff before burring his face into my chest. In return I nudged him a little and ask him again. “DaeDae?”

He pulled his face away from me and sniffed before answering. “I was playing hide-n-seek with Soo earlier, and I was it. When I went to go find him, I couldn’t.”

I raised my brows at him before he continued. “I think he shifted again. That’s cheating!”

Before I could even say anything, a cat jump from a tree and shifted back into a boy. “It’s not cheating.”

“Yeah-huh!” Jongdae then jump off me and tackled our brother.

“What happen this time?” I turned and found my older brother next to me.

“They were playing,” I answered.

“Myungsoo, cheated?”

“Yep.”

“What now this time? Dog? Bird? A lizard perhaps?”

“A cat?”

“Ah, should’ve known.”

Shaking my head, I returned to my book and tuned out the other three around me.

 

 

--

 

 

“I feel like I’m in love!” Jongdae yelled as he sat down at the dining table.

Myungsoo, Minjun, and I look up from our meal and shared a look between us. Even dad was looking at his baby boy with an amused smile. Going back to his meal he ask, “And who’s the lucky lady or lad this time?”

He let out a dramatic sigh before looking at his plate of food. “’Tis was fate that let me forget such a trivial thing.”

“Or stupidity,” Minjun muttered while taking a sip of his wine.

“I heard that you big oaf. You’re just sad that you can’t find true love,” he said snidely.

“See that would be true if it weren’t for the fact that you find ‘true love’ every month."

“Two weeks,” I corrected.

“Every week, boys. Pay attention,” dad said confidently.

“Dad!” Jongdae yelled.

“What I pay attention, too.”

Turning towards his brother, Myungsoo said, “Ignore them. Where did you meet this one?”

“Well you see…”

 

 

--

 

 

Clasping my dark red cloak over myself, I look around my room one last time before walking out into the main room to find my two baby brother standing there, waiting for me and dad I guess. “Do you guys have everything you need?”

They both turned towards me, each with a sad look on their face. “Yeah, we have everything. How about you and dad?” Myungsoo ask.

“I’ve got everything. Dad went ahead to the portal and is waiting for us. Come on let’s go before the others find us.”

Without another word, we made a quick way towards the portal in the woods. We ran as fast as we could into the woods trying not to get caught by any of the spies out for us. It wasn’t long before we found dad standing by some trees forming an arch, as if it was a gate itself.

“Boys, come here. Let me get a look at you three.” He open his arms while Jongdae ran into his arms, tears glistening in his eyes and on his cheeks.

“Daddy,” he whispered.

“It’s okay. Everything is going to be okay,” he kissed him on his head. Stepping away from him, Jongdae made room for Myungsoo to get to dad before I went after. “Oh, you boys. I never wanted something like this happening to you. All of you.”

“We know, we wish we could help,” Myungsoo said, eyes dark with unforseen anger.

“No, if I told you once, I’ve told you a million of times,” he said with sad smile.

“Why are you smiling at a time like this?” I ask with small smile of my own. That’s my dad, happiness and joy were always his specialty.

“I just wanted you guys to remember me like this: all smiles and nothing else.”

“‘Remember you’. Dad, what are you saying?” Jongdae ask.

“I’m not going through the portal, DaeDae. It’s just you.” After he said this he pulled out the Draco Clavem and putting it into my hands.

“But dad-” Myungoo tried.

“No but’s Myunggie. I have to stay and try to save everybody and the kingdom.” Without another word he took the key from me and uttered the words to open the portal. After the final word left his mouth, the branches began to open up and the archway eminated a magnificent white light. “Go on boys, create a better life until I come to get you.”

Running into his arms, we all hugged one last time while whispering our ‘I love you’. Our moment together was interrupted by an unwanted voice. “Well, well, well. What do we have here? A mushy family scene? How sickening.”

“Mother,” Myungsoo growled out.

“Myunggie,” she sneered back. “Why did I have you as a son, again?”

The three of us held him back before he did something stupid. “What do you want, Jiyeon?” dad ask.

“Oh, I just wanted to give you all one last chance to come over to my side before I actually eradicate you.”

“Wow, so touching,” I snapped.

“Shut up,” she growled before unleashing an invisible force and knocking me onto my back. “I thought you were smarter than that, JaeJae. Well I guessed I was wrong.”

“Leave them alone. It’s me that you want,” dad said. I sat up with the help of my two brothers, and we watch as dad stood in front of us and the portal.

“Yes, I see. Junnie, do it,” she told our brother next to her. We watch in shock as he shot out a hidden dagger at dad. His own father.

“No!” we all ran to catch him before he fell.

“Daddy, are you okay?” Jongdae ask.

Coughing out blood, he smiled like before. “Never better, my little prince.” He pushed the key into my hands once again before whispering to us all, “Take the key and destroy it. Never look back. It’s too late for me. Not for you guys.” He began to choke on the blood coming from his throat. “I love you, my boys. I love you,” he whispered out one last time.

We all sat there crying. Our moment was once again interrupted by the hag and her crew. “Oh, well boys, looks like I won. Kiseop, take the key. K-”

“No,” Myungsoo interrupted her. “You kill my family, and I shall destroy you.” Looking down at the dagger implanted inside dad’s chest. Without looking up, he growled out, “Percutio.” Taking his command, the tiny blade shot out from our dad and into the wicked witch.

Taking their moment of shock as our get away, we ran to the portal. Jongdae already made it through, but I stop once I notice that Myungsoo wasn’t with us. I turn around to see him looking at me. “Take care of DaeDae for me. For all of us. You’re all he has left.” Without waiting for my response, he flicked his hand at me and sent me flying through the portal.

The moment I landed on the ground, Jongdae grabbed my arm and help me up. “Where were you? Where’s Myungsoo?”

“I don’t know,” I said in a daze. Looking down in my hands, I finally register what Myungsoo did. “We have to seal the portal now.”

“But what about-”

“It’s too late for him.”

Without another thought, we walk over to the portal hand in hand. Knowing that we are the last ones, we chanted tearfully, “Signaculum. Signaculum. Signaculum.” (trans. Seal) Not wanting him to see this, I grabbed Jongdae’s cloak and hug him closely as the portal lost its light.

‘Goodbye, dad. Goodbye, Myungsoo. Goodbye, forever.”

 

 

--

 

 

I don’t know how long I was out but I was soon awoken by ice cold water being dump on me. Jerking up I found myself in an unfamiliar room. I tried to move but my hands and feet were bind to the chair I was in. “What the hell? What’s going on?”

“Oh, looks like sleeping beauty is finally awake,” I heard a familiar voice. I look up and found Kiseop sitting there in front of me with a smug look on his face.

“It was you,” I accused. “You were the one that was out for the key.”

“Your mother was right, you are the smart one,” he said sarcastically.

“What do you want?”

“The key, duh.”

“I meant, why. Why do you want it so badly?”

“To open the portal.”

Rolling my eyes, I watch as he walks around the room minding his own business. “Can I even get to know the great master plan?”

“Well, all you need to know is that my associate is on his way to get the key. And once we get it, hello Queen, goodbye you.”

“Jongdae was right, you are psychotic.”

“I should tell him thanks, you know, after I make him powerless and my play-thing.”

Feeling bile rising in my throat, I tried to attack him, only to be held back by the ropes. “You shall not touch one hair on him while I’m alive.”

Coming closer he grabbed me by the hair and held a knife he manifested at my neck. “Don’t make it more tempting that it already is.” After he removed it, he walk away. “You know I’m surprised that you didn’t recognize me the moment you saw me. I recognized you and the baby prince after I saw you two.”

“Well I’m sorry for myself for not recognizing a son of a when I see one.”

“I bet,” he continued like I didn’t say anything, “you didn’t even know that my associate was with you guys the entire time.”

“Who are you talking about?!” I finally snapped.

“You really don’t know, do you?” he asks ominously. “Well if you really don’t know than here’s a little hint: he is an old lover of your baby prince.”

Eyes widening in realization, I suddenly remember everything that happen before crossing over. “No, it’s not. It can’t be-”

 

 

--

 

 

(Jongdae)

“Kris,” I gasp in surprised. “What are you doing here?”

I just got back from meeting Eli and was going to get the key. If what Eli said was true, and Kiseop and Taecyeon took Jaeseop hostage, then I’ll need the only thing that can to get him back. I just didn’t plan on Kris being here.

“I could be asking you the same thing,” he said lowly. He began stalking towards me. “Why are you?”

I began babbling when I realized that I was cornered without an exit strategy.

“Well?” he ask trapping me between in arms.

“I-”

“What’s going on here?” a voice interjected. Turning to the intruder’s voice, I gasp in shock.

“Taecyeon?”

 

 


Comment and Subscribe!!! Thank you!!!!