Chapter 3

Seoul Witches

“So who is this Kris guy?” Jaeseop ask as we entered the house.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” I answered as went upstairs to put away all of my shopping bags.

“Come on it couldn’t be that bad,” he followed me to my room and jump on my bed. I decided not to answer him, so I took all the items I bought and put it away.

As the time went on, I grew uncomfortable of the silent I seem to have created. Letting out a sigh I fell into bed besides Jaeseop hyung. “OK, ok, you win.  Kris was a great Chinese mistake.” Based on his face I knew that I had to explain even more. “Well after you left to go to America, I went to go to China a year later. And being me about 150-years ago, I of course ‘met’ a bunch of people. If you know what I mean.”

“Oh you bet I do.”

“Well after many people and 65-year later I met him.”

“Kris?!” he asks surprise.

“NO!” I yelled shock. “I meant I met his great grandfather.”

“EW~”

“Will you stop it,” I said as I got up and went into my closet. After some digging around, I finally found what I was looking for. Picking it up I walk back towards the bed and sat back down. Seeing the box Jaeseop sat up to see. As I place it on the bed, I open it and pick up the first picture. “This is a picture of Wu Zhuang. I met him during a walk in a beautiful garden. I was feeding some birds, and he was painting me. I didn’t really notice it until after I look up from the birds. After a quick talk I found out that he was really interested in me. At the time I thought, ‘Hey another guy to mess with. Why not?’ After it was over that night, I would usually get up and go, but he stops me. He told me that he finally has me, and that he won’t let me go.”

As I continued we both kept taking out more pictures, hand drawn and photograph. “He said that it was destiny that we met. But I knew better than that. I’m immortal, he’s not. I knew that if I got too attach I would have to watch him die. So I did what I had to do, I used a memory spell to make all of his memories of me all but a dream. And even by then I knew that I was too late. I fell for a man I couldn't have.” Picking up a little box I showed it to Jaeseop. He opens it as I started to get teary. “That’s the ring he proposed to me before I did the spell. He didn’t care of the consequences,” I said as my voiced cracked.

Seeing my state of distress Jaeseop hugged me. Wiping away my tears, I continued, “After that he got married and had a son. I left and came back to Korea after that. After you came back I decided to leave this behind. Up until three years ago, I went to China to leave you alone because you were so busy. During that trip I met Kris. He was a great guy. He was so sweet and kind, yet so handsome and charming. He reminded me a lot of Zhuang. I didn’t know that they were related until the vision I during a coffee date. I saw Zhuang at his son’s birthing, then his grandson's, and then I saw Kris' birth with his spirit there. I knew that I couldn’t stay attach or else I would fall in love all over again. So I ended things with him before it could get any further. After that I told him I was leaving, hopefully to never see him again but luck is not on my side apparently.”

“Whoa. I didn’t think that your life was so full of drama.”

“Hey it’s me. I’m always the dramatic one,” I said trying to lighten up the mood.

Apparently he disagrees. “No, you’re more than that. I was so caught up in my own things that I didn’t see how damage you were.”

“Hey, let’s not get overboard. I wasn’t that of a mess.”

“Well it means everything to me to know that you are safe physically, emotionally, and everything else. You’re my brother, which means that starting now I’ll always be there for you.”

“Thank you big brother,” I said as we both hugged it out. After some time, I wiped away the tears from my eyes. “Man it’s getting late. I should be starting dinner.”

“Do you want some help?” Jaeseop offered. Nodding my head I accepted his offer. “Ok let’s get downstairs and make pasta.” Laughing at him I let him take my hand and drag me to the kitchen.

‘That was a relief getting that off my chest,’ I thought to myself. ‘I guess I can hold off that vision for another time.’

 


I know that this is short but I knew that I wouldn't stop thinking of this particular scene if I hadn't did it. I wanted to give a part of Jongdae's past and a little of Kris'. I'll be trying to start on the more dramatic parts soon. Hope you enjoy.