Chapter 19

Seoul Witches

Comment and Subscribe!!

 


(Jaeseop)

Good, God, what’s taking that guy so long? Earlier Kiseop had told me he was going to make a call, but that was over an hour ago. Struggling against my binds, I did my best to tear them apart. Magic wasn’t an option because my captor created circular barrier of burned ashwood, one of the few things to suppress my powers.

Listening closely for any signs of Kiseop around, I found nothing and began to jump while still attached to my seat. When I was close enough, I slide the leg of the chair at the burnt wood. When there was a small gap in the circle, I heard footstep coming my way.

I composed myself quickly before he entered. Kiseop came back looking distress. “What’s up?”

His eyes snap towards me and he hiss out, “Kevin is here so you better keep you damn mouth shut.”

“Okay,” I answered while he turns towards the cabinet to get something, most likely a gag or something. I made sure he was deep into the cabinet before casting, “Collabor.” (trans. collapse)

Without a moment of hesitation, the entire cabinet, shelves and all, fell onto him. “Exsolvo.” (trans. release) In flash of blue, the ropes tore apart and set me free. As the man was trying to get up, Kevin’s voice rang through the house.

“Hey, Kiseop, are you okay?”

“Obliviscatur.” (trans. forget) He fell back into the debris losing conscience again.

Running out into the main living area, I grab a hold of Kevin’s hand and made a dash out the door. “Jaeseop, what are you doing here?”

“No, time. We got to get out of here.”

“Wait, what?” he ask as we got to Kiseop’s car.

“No, time to explain.” Placing both of my hands on the car, I chanted softly, “Gnascor. Gnascor. Gnascor.” (trans. live, rise) On command the engine came to life as well as the headlights. Opening the car, I turn to the blond. “Get in the car.”

“I’m not getting in the car with you!”

“Well you leave me no choice then. Obliviscatur,” I waved in front of his face. His face glowed blue before he fell into my arms. “Always saving a damsel.” Placing him into the back seat, I got into the car and drove my way back home.

I hope Jongdae is safe…

 

 

--

 

 

(Jongdae)

Getting back into the house, I shut the door and whispered, “Claude ianuas.” (Trans. Close the door) I stayed and listen as all the exits shut itself, windows and fireplace included. Now nobody can enter. Or leave. I don’t know if that’s a good thing though.

Turning around I went into the living room and toss the key onto the couch. I open a glass cabinet and reach into the false wall and retrieve the book. I just settle down when I saw a light flashing in the window.

Taking a quick glance outside, I almost cried when I saw Jaeseop drive into the driveway. With the book in hand, whispered, “Aperio.”

I walk out and saw my brother walking up the steps with Kevin in his arms. I open my mouth but he cut me off before I could start. “Just help me settle him in the living room.”

After making sure he was absolutely comfortable, I replace the barrier back up. “So what’s going on exactly? Did he faint from your constant jabbers of how the by reading body language correctly you can determine if someone is crazy?”

“Wow, glad to know that you cared about how I was kidnapped or what happened to me,” he said sarcastically.

“Oh, yeah, how did that go?” I ask with the same tone.

“Pretty well actually.” He saw the book in my hand and ask, “Were you actually going to look for me now.”

“Um… well, kind of. I actually found this.” I walk to the table and lifted up the key to show him.

“Where did you get that?” he gasp in shock. “I thought we promise to never bring that back.”

“I didn’t get this myself. I wouldn’t even if I had to. No, I think Kris found this, and I think he was also from Valen.”

“Yifan, right?”

“Yeah, how did you know?”

“Let’s just say that you were right, Kiseop is also a witch and under Jiyeon’s reign.”

Placing the key down, I led Jaeseop into the kitchen to talk privately incase Kevin woke up. “Okay, if I’m correct those two are dying for this key. The question is how do we keep them from getting it.”

“I guess that’s also why you got the book.”

“Yeah, I was thinking that since our family was one of the few families to create this key, then…”

“…then our family might’ve created something that could destroy it.”

“Exactly, we just need to find it.”

“Okay, I’ll grab some equipments, and you start scanning the book for anything that can neutralize the damn thing.”

“Alright.”

 

 

--

 

 

(Nobody)

“Finally, we’re free. We can call who we please. But just who can we obtain,” voices whispered. It came from the long dragon like rod on the Kims’ living room table. It very disorientated but silent to everybody else.

“Oh, what do we have here? A boy as defenseless as a baby. We should wake him.”

With glowing eyes, the disorientated voice called to the man on the couch. “Kevin. Kevin. It’s time to wake up now. Kevin. Ke~vin. Come on. Wakey, wakey. Kevin…”