Too Tired To Die - Chapter 9

Too Tired To Die

Under the cover of night, two figures stood from a distance, observing a night club guarded by a stocky build man.

"Let's get this over quickly," said one of the figures.  "No messing around this time."

His partner frowned and pouted, childishly.  "What?  Can't I at least have a bit of fun?  The chicks were pretty hot last time.  Too bad they had to die."

"You shouldn't play with your prey," the figure stated matter-of-factly.

His partner scoffed.  "Says he who's been flirting with that teacher."

The figure glared at his partner.  "I have not been flirting with him and he's not our prey."

"And if he is, what would you do?" questioned his partner.

He was quiet for a moment as if deep in thought.  "What I always do."

His partner smirked.  "What a heartless person."

"It's time."

With quick strides, they approached the club.  Upon seeing them, the bouncer stood in front of the entrance and blocked their path.

"Gentlemen, this is invites only," the bouncer announced.

Without a word, one of the figures unsheathed the sword which was strapped to his back and slashed the bouncer in the blink of an eye.  The bouncer dropped to the ground in a pool of his own blood.  The figure then kicked the door open and entered.  His partner pulled out the two short swords concealed in his boots and followed suite.

Loud blasting music drowned out the terrified screams of their victims.


At the end of the night, Myungsoo waited until the last customer left the bar before he proceeded to clean up the place along with the owner of the bar.

"Thanks for your help, Myungsoo," said the owner.

"See you tomorrow night," he replied.


Myungsoo walked along the deserted streets, eager to get home when he felt as if he was being followed.  He stopped and glanced back but did not see anyone.  He let out a sigh of relief.  Thinking that he must have been imagining things, he continued on ahead.

He had barely taken several steps when he felt a presence behind him.  He immediately turned around and was met with a blade aiming straight for his heart but he was quick to evade it.  He looked at his attacker and gasped in surprise when he recognised the familiar face.

His attacker charged at him once again, slashing his sword with swift moves that attempted to end his life.  Myungsoo was quick to evade the onslaught of attacks that followed but no matter how good he was, he could not defeat a highly skilled opponent armed with a sword.  

In that split second of distraction, his opponent's sword aimed straight for him.  He knew it was too late for him to try and evade it.  When the tip of the blade was millimeters from piercing his chest, he raised his hands and grabbed onto the blade.  His attacker pushed the blade forward but Myungsoo gripped it tight.  Blood trickled down the palms of his hands as the blade sliced into his flesh.

"Where is he?" his attacker demanded.

Myungsoo remained tight-lipped, focusing his strength to keep the blade from plunging into him.

His attacker frowned in anger.  "Traitors have only one end and that is death."

With these words, his attacker pulled his sword back, causing Myungsoo to release his hold on the blade.  Before Myungsoo had a chnace to recollect himself, his attacker lunged forward and plunged his sword straight through him.  Blood gushed out from his chest and mouth as Myungsoo gasped for breath.  His attacker smirked and plunged the sword deeper.  Myungsoo let out an agonising scream as the blade protruded out from his back.