Too Tired To Die - Chapter 4

Too Tired To Die

The two figures finally emerged from the doors of the club, covered in their victims blood.  Neither spoke a word as as they sheathed their swords and walked away into the night.  

Moments after they had left, a lone figure arrived at the entrance of the club.  He paused outside the door for a brief moment as he listened to the silence.  Taking in a deep breath, he pushed the doors open and stepped inside.

The walls were splattered with blood and lifeless bodies littered the dance floor.  He did not even bat an eyelid at the horrid sight.  He glanced around the place, wondering if he would find anyone still alive but from the eerie silence that surrounded him, he knew that not a single soul had been spared.


Sunggyu awoke to find himself in his own bed.  He glanced at the clock and started to climb out of bed when he noticed the young man sitting beside his bed with his eyes closed.  He wondered if the young man had been sitting there all night to the point that he even fell asleep.  Guilt washed over him.  He had wanted to avoid troubling the young man like this but in the end, he had failed to do so.

Just as Sunggyu climbed out of bed, the young man's eyes darted open as if he could sense Sunggyu's movements.

"I'm sorry," Sunggyu apologised.  "Did I wake you?"

The young man shook his head.  He was supposed to watch over the sleeping man yet he had ended up falling asleep too.  "How are you feeling?"

Sunggyu nodded.  "I'm alright," he replied.  "Sorry to trouble you.  I'll go make breakfast now."

"Wait, I'll do it," said the young man, getting up from his seat.  "It's your first day today.  Are you sure you're up for it?"

"There's nothing to worry about," Sunggyu reassured him.  "Besides, I can't be absent on my first day.  That would be very unprofessional."

Seeing the determined look on Sunggyu's face, the young man knew that he could not persuade Sunggyu to change his mind.  "Don't push yourself too hard."


The two boys in school uniform arrived at the front gates and stood there for a brief moment while the other students rushed in.  One boy yawned and stretched while the other one sighed with disinterest.

"Seriously, we can't even get a break," complained the boy who could barely stop yawning.

As they stepped inside, the quiet boy caught sight of a man, dressed in a casual suit and tie, walking out from the front office with a stack of folders in his arms.  He watched as the man reached inside his pocket and held out a small object.  

At that moment, some students bumped into the man as they cut across his path.  The man lost his balance and stumbled, dropping the folders to the ground.  The students helped the man pick up the folders and apologised before heading on their way.

The boy was about to glance away when he noticed hat the man was glancing at the ground as if searching for something.  He figured that it was none of his business until he saw what the man was looking for.


"Are you looking for this?"

Upon hearing the voice behind him, the man turned around and saw a student standing there with his small white bottle of tablets.  "Ah, thank you."

It was then that the boy recognised the man.