Too Tired To Die - Chapter 13

Too Tired To Die

When Sunggyu came to check on the boys, he was surprised to find Tei, curled up on the floor and asleep with his toys scattered all over the floor.  He was about to enter the room and tuck the child into bed when he saw Woohyun picking the child up from the floor and carrying him over to the bed.  Sunggyu stood and watched as Woohyun gently tucked the child into bed.

Woohyun looked at the child's sleeping face and smiled.  His moment of quiet contemplation was interrupted when his phone buzzed in his pocket.  He glanced at the name flashing on the screen and headed for the door, only to be startled when he saw Sunggyu standing there, looking at him.

"I should go," said Woohyun as he avoided Sunggyu's eyes and walked out of the room.

Sunggyu sensed that Woohyun seemed eager to leave and wondered if something was wrong.  "Woohyun," he called out.  "It's still raining outside.

"To his surprise, Woohyun stopped at the front door but did not turn around to face the older man.

Sunggyu walked up and stood behind Woohyun, waiting for the boy to turn around.

After a moment of silence, Woohyun finally turned around.  Without a word or warning, Woohyun leaned in and pressed their lips together.  Sunggyu's eyes widened in startled shock at the intimate contact that all he could do was stand there.  

Woohyun was prepared for Sunggyu's response.  He waited for the older man to push him away, to curse him and call him disgusting.  He was prepared for all that yet Sunggyu did no such thing.  Sensing the lack of response from Sunggyu, Woohyun pulled away and stared at the older man.  That was when he saw the shocked expression on Sunggyu's face.  He figured that the older man was in too much shock to even react.

"I'm sorry," Woohyun apologised and walked out the door.


"You're an idiot, Woohyun," he muttered to himself as he walked uncaring under the pouring rain.  "Why did you have to do something so stupid like that?"

He was too busy lost in his thoughts that he did not even see the hooded figure up ahead until he sensed an object being thrown at him.  Instinctively, he reached out a hand the object.  When he recognised the sword in his hand, he looked up at the figure.

"You're late," said Sungyeol.  "Too busy with Mr Kim, were you?"

A dejected look appeared on Woohyun's face.  "It's over."

Sungyeol looked but could not decide if they were tears or just the rain on Woohyun's face.  "Master wants to see us."


They walked through the darkened hallways of the school until they arrived at the door of the principal's office.  They knocked and was beckoned to enter.  The principal was seated behind his desk with the only light from the desk lamp.  They were surprised to see the a figure standing beside the principal.

"Boys, glad you could make it," said the principal, noticing that surprised looks on the boys's faces.  "This is my right hand man, Hoya but I think you know him better as Doctor Lee.  Hoya has spent years tracking down the traitor and finally, we have found The Abomination.  You will assist Hoya this time.  The Abomination must be killed before he can raise his army and wage war against us."

"Yes, Sir!"

The moment Hoya and the boys left the room, a figure emerged from the shadows behind the principal.  "Go," ordered the principal.  "You know what to do."
The figure nodded and walked out the door.


The rain had finally stopped as the three figures hurried along the deserted streets.  Woohyun's pace suddenly slowed down when he recognised the familiar surroundings.  He knew what was up ahead.  A terrible thought crossed his mind.  He hoped he was wrong.

"Who is it that we are looking for?"