Too Tired To Die - Final

Too Tired To Die

Sungyeol stared in disbelief at the sight of Woohyun's blood turning black.  All these years hunting together and he never knew that Woohyun was a demon.  Judging by the shocked look on Woohyun's face, he figured that Woohyun was not aware of this either.  The only person did not seem the least bit surprised was Hoya.  An annoyed expression etched upon his face as if he knew and was waiting for this to happen.

"Tsk, looks like the drugs can no longer suppress his true nature," said Hoya.

Sungyeol looked at Hoya.  "Why is he like that?  What's wrong with him?"

Hoya's eyes narrowed, remembering the day Dongwoo let a demon child live but it was not out of compassion or mercy.  The child was trained to hunt his own kind.  "Nothing's wrong with him," Hoya replied.  "This is who he is."

Woohyun raised a hand and wiped the blood from his mouth.  He stared at the black blood on his hand.  He knew what it meant but he refused to believe it.  He had killed countless with the same coloured blood without realising that he was one of them.

"They're going to kill us," cried the child.

Us? thought Woohyun.  Yes, he was no different to the child, the one who would bring about destruction to mankind.  Woohyun looked at the crying child and then at Sunggyu, who lay unmoving.  His blood began to boil.  He gripped his sword and stood up to face his opponents.  He would make them pay.

Woohyun charged at Hoya who was ready with his sword.  Their blades clashed, igniting sparks upon impact.  In his rage, Woohyun proved to be a difficult opponent.  He fought recklessly, attacking but not defending.  Even as Hoya slashed at his flesh, Woohyun remained stoic.  It was as if the pain did not register.  The pain he was suffering inside was far greater than the flesh wounds on his body.

When Sungyeol saw Hoya being pushed back, he jumped in to attack.  Even with the two of them, they could not subdue the raging Woohyun who attacked without care.  Woohyun knocked Sungyeol down and was ready to finish him but Hoya came to his aid.

While Woohyun and Hoya were locked in a battle of strength, a black cladded figure appeared and ran his sword through Woohyun's back.  Black blood gushed out from Woohyun's mouth as he turned to look at his attacker.  He recognised the quiet boy who always sat in the back of the room, seemingly uninterested in anything but the book he was reading.

"Sungjong?" Sungyeol said in confusion when he recognised his classmate.

Hoya did not seem to appreciate the help from the boy.  "You really do stand by and watch until things are convenient for you."

The boy smirked.  "Finally, it's my turn to shine.  I'm sick of having to clean up after you hunters."

Woohyun looked at his three opponents.  He knew that in his current state, he could not defeat them but he was determined to avenge Sunggyu.  With what strength he had left, he gave it his all and fought against the three of them.  He knew it was coming to an end.

The child's face faltered when he saw the sword slip from Woohyun's grasp.  He watched as Woohyun collapsed to the ground.  Disappointment etched on the child's face.  What led them to met that day was not because of a balloon but he knew.  He needed an army and knew that Woohyun would be the perfect warrior.  Perhaps he was wrong.

Woohyun knew that this was the end.  He could feel his life slipping from him.  He glanced over to where Sunggyu lay and using what little strength he had left, he crawled over to him.

Sungjong looked at the Woohyun's pitiful state and raised his sword to end his suffering but Sungyeol pulled him back.  Sungyeol knew what Woohyun intended to do and wanted to fulfill his friend's wish. 

"Please, just let him be," Sungyeol pleaded.

They watched as Woohyun reached beside Sunggyu and held onto the older man's hands.  He leaned in and whispered beside Sunggyu's ear, hoping that the older man could hear him but he knew it was futile.

The child's eyes narrowed in anger.  His Saviour was gone and there stood his enemies ready to strike him down.

 

 

 

 

The End.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Thanks for reading.

Who's confused?