Too Tired To Die - Chapter 10

Too Tired To Die

Showing no mercy, his attacker pulled the sword out in one swift move.  Myungsoo stumbled to the ground and placed a hand over his chest to try and stop the blood from gushing out.  He looked at his attacker who raised his sword for the finishing blow.  Myungsoo knew that in his current state, he was no match for his opponent.  As if he surrender, he closed his eyes and waited.

When the sword came crashing down, Myungsoo opened his eyes and grabbed the blade.  His actions surprised his attacker who thought that Myungsoo had given up.  Myungsoo turned the blade against it's owner, allowing him a split second to make for his escape.

Myungsoo staggered through the alleyway as fast as he could but stopped abruptly when he glanced back and saw the trail of blood that his wound left behind.  If he kept going, he would eventually lead his attacker right to him.  He could not allow that to happen.  He had wanted to stay beside the older man for the rest of his life but he could not risk it.


Just as Sunggyu finished preparing breakfast the next morning, he found Tei walking into the kitchen.  He was surprised that the child had woken up before Myungsoo.

"Did you wash your face yet?" Sunggyu asked.

Tei nodded, eyeing the food on the table.

Sunggyu smiled and patted the child on the head.  "Good boy.  Come have breakfast while I go and wake up your uncle Myungsoo."

Sunggyu headed to Myungsoo's room and knocked on the door and waited.  When their was no answer, he knocked again.  "Myungsoo, breakfast," he called out.

Silence.

Worried that something was wrong, Sunggyu opened the door and found that Myungsoo's bed was empty.  He went to check the bathroom but could not find Myungsoo.  It was unusual for Myungsoo to not come home.  He decided to ring Myungsoo but his call went unanswered. 

I'm sure he's fine, Sunggyu reassured himself yet he could not help but feel uneasy.  


Woohyun and Sungyeol arrived at the school moments before the bell rang.  As they made their way to class, Sungyeol notice that Woohyun was staggering a little.

"Are you alright?" Sungyeol asked, noticing Woohyun's pale face.  "Was last night too much?"

"Just a little tired," Woohyun replied.  "Think I might go take a nap at the sick bay."

"I'll come with you," said Sungyeol.

"If you come too, then they'll think we're just ditching class," said Woohyun.  "One of us has to take notes."

Sungyeol reluctantly entered the class while Woohyun turned around and headed for the sick bag.  He staggered along the empty hallway when he felt his head spinning.  He leaned against the wall for support and shook his head and tried to focus.  He tried hard to fight the darkness but he felt his legs grow weak beneath him.  

As he collapsed to the floor, he heard someone call his name.  A frantic voice, full of worry and concern.  He felt a pair of arms grab hold of him to prevent his fall.  Rather than hitting the cold hard floor, he collapsed against the person's chest.  Just before the darkness claimed him, he caught a glimpse of the person's face and smiled.

"Woohyun!"