Too Tired To Die - Chapter 3

Too Tired To Die

"Tei!" a voice called out, causing the child to turn his head.

The two boys noticed the child's reaction and looked in the same direction.  They saw two figures approaching their way.  An older man was being supported by a younger man.

Upon recognising the two men, a smile appeared on the child's face.  "Daddy!"

The two boys seemed relieved.  They watched as the child ran over to the two men.  The older man immediately crouched down to embrace the child.

The boy smiled as he stood and watch the father and son finally reunited.

"Thank goodness for that," commented the friend.  "Thought we were going to be stuck with the kid forever."

"I missed you daddy," the child cried, clinging to his father.

"I missed you too," said the older man.  "You had me so worried.  Are you alright?"

The child nodded.  "I met a nice boy.  He bought me ice cream and helped me look for you and he gave me this balloon." 

He showed his father the balloon he was holding onto before turning to look back at where the two boys were standing, only to find that they were no longer there.  The child glanced around and pouted when he could not find them.

The older man smiled at the child, grateful to find the child unharmed but his smile was soon replaced by a grimace on his face as he clutched at his chest once again.

"Daddy?" said the child when he saw his father's pained expression.

"Sunggyu!"  The young man immediately helped the older man up.  "Come on, we have to get your daddy home."


The child watched with worry as the young man helped his father into the bedroom.  He stood at the door and watched as the young man handed his father the pills which he quickly gulped down with a glass of water.  He watched as his father lay back down onto the bed and closed his eyes.

The young man finally tore his attention away from the sleeping man to find the child standing at the door as if afraid to come close.  He could see the worried look on the child's face.

"Your daddy's going to be okay," said the young man, trying to reassure the child.  "He just needs some rest."

The child lowered his head.  "I'm sorry."

The young man walked over to the child and patted him gently on the head.  "Tei's a good boy, right?  Don't make your daddy worry like that, okay?"

The child nodded with his eyes still lowered to the ground.

The young man smiled.  "Come on, you must be hungry.  Want to help me make dinner?"

The child finally raised his head.


The minute they stepped inside the club, one of them decided to join the party goers on the dance floor while the other made his way to the bar.  He looked at the bartender for a moment before ordering a drink.  Within seconds his drink was placed in front of him.  He took a gulp and then glanced at the dance floor where a crowd of women were gathered around the charming stranger. 

Why does he always do this? he thought as he watched the stranger seemingly having a good time with those women on the dance floor.

He frowned as he gulped down the rest of his drink before turning back to face the bartender.

"Can I get you another one?" the bartender asked.

He stared at the bartender for a moment as if contemplating something.  Just as the bartender was about to repeat his question, he unsheathed his sword concealed under his trenchcoat and slashed the bartender's throat.  He did not even blink as he bartender's lifeless body dropped to the floor.

Nearby, a woman screamed in horror upon witnessing the scene.  The music stopped.  Panic ensued.  Terrified club patrons all rushed for the exit but a figre slammed the door shut and locked it.  The charming man who had been enjoying himself a moment ago stood in front of the door, preventing anyone from leaving.  He drew out two short swords concealed in his combat boots and smirked.

"No one's leaving here."