Too Tired To Die - Chapter 12

Too Tired To Die

It was still raining when Sunggyu pulled up in front of the kindergarten.  Woohyun did not have to guess to know what they were doing there.

"Stay here, I'll be right back," said Sunggyu as he grabbed an umbrella and rushed inside

Moments later, Woohyun saw Sunggyu emerge from the building whilst carrying a child in one arm and holding an umbrella over both their heads with the other.  The second Sunggyu opened the back door of the car to let Tei in, the child caught sight of the person sitting in the front passenger seat.  Seeing the child stare at him, Woohyun smiled.

"Ah," said the child as if remembering something.


Woohyun soon found himself seated at a table inside a family restaurant with Tei beside him and Sunggyu sitting opposite him.  Tei seemed excited to show off his drawings until the food finally arrived.  While Tei happily dug into his food, Woohyun sat and stared at the plate in front of him.

"You don't like it?" Sunggyu asked, noticing that the boy was not eating.  "Did you want to get something else?"

"No, it's fine," said Woohyun as he reluctantly picked up his fork and began to dig in.  After a moment, he stopped again and looked at the man.  "Why are you being so nice to me?"

Sunggyu smiled.  "Tei told me that when he was lost, a nice boy gave him a balloon and bought him ice cream."

Upon hearing his name, Tei turned smiled proudly at Woohyun, who could not help but smile when he saw the child's face smeared with food.  Instinctively, he picked up a napkin and wiped the child's face.

"Does Woohyun want to come to my house and play later?" Tei asked with hopeful eyes.  "I have a lot of toys."

"Um..." Woohyun glanced hesitantly at Sunggyu.


"Come see my toys!" Tei exclaimed, excitedly as he held Woohyun's hand and led him inside the house to his bedroom.  "Look at this!"  He showed off his collection of action figures.  "Daddy and Uncle Myungsoo bought them for me."

Uncle Myungsoo? thought Woohyun and then he remembered the young man with Sunggyu the first time they met.  So it's his brother.  He seemed a little relieved.  "Where is your Uncle Myungsoo?" he asked, slightly curious.

The child shrugged.  "I woke up and didn't see him.  Daddy doesn't know where he is either."


Whilst Tei was keeping Woohyun occupied, Sunggyu was out in the lounge dialling on his phone.  He had tried several times to contact Myungsoo but all his calls were left unanswered.  Though he knew Myungsoo was more than capable of looking after himself, he could not help but worry.

Just as he was about to dial again when his phone buzzed.  He glanced at the name of the caller and immediately answered it.

"Myungsoo, are you alright?" Sunggyu asked before the caller could even say a word.  "Where are you?"

"I...Sunggyu..." spoke a soft voice as if struggling with his words.  "I'm sorry...for not picking Tei up today."

Sunggyu's concern grew upon hearing the pained voice on the other line.  He knew something was not wrong.  "Myungsoo, what happened?  Are you alright?"

There was a pause and Sunggyu could hear Myungsoo struggling for breath.

"Sunggyu...be careful," he warned.  "They're here."