Do Something For Me (11th Episode)

The Edge Of Us

Minho's POV

"The members visited your apartment..." The staff said, or maybe asked, me.

"Yeah. We just returned back from Japan and Hae Jin with her friend came to the airport to meet us and well, it ended up with a little party in our apartment." I said.

"Did you have fun with them?"

"Actually we do almost all of our activities together as SHINee, so it's not special anymore to have them in our house. They're so noisy as usual, but it made the mood brighter in our house. We even ate dinner and played some games together."

"What do you think about the surprise event?"

"I'm really touched," I said. "I didn't expect her to hold a surprise event for me like that. But I like it, though. And so I think I have to do the same thing for her too."

"Do you still remember about your punishment?"

"Of course I remember," I laughed awkwardly. "I'm still curious about the punishment. It's a little bit childish actually. But since it was my fault, so I have to accept the reality and be fair. I just hope she won't give me any hard things to do."

"What do you think about Lee Young Mi?"

"Ah. She's her best friend, right? I think she's cute and quite mature as a high schooler. It's good to see my wife has such a friend like her. But I wonder why did she like Jonghyun hyung that much. Do you find he's even attractive? Well..., I just have never thought Hae Jin has that kind of friend..."

***

I played with the PSP alone because I don't have any schedules today. Luckily I've prepared the games on my and Hae Jin's apartment so I don't have to go to SHINee's dorm again.

"Why do you really like to play soccer like that?"

I looked at Hae Jin and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe it's because of my dad. But really, this game is interesting!"

"How... How do you play this?"

I looked at her with a questioning look. "Do you want to play this game with me?"

"Ah... I don't understand that game.."

"You just have to..- Ah, sit here." I patted the rest couch beside me and told her to sit down.

She sat down and I continued to explain the game to her.

Well, this is the first time we sat together on the couch, I think. 

"You just have to press this button like this and then the character on the screen will run by itself. And press this too, and like this," I taught her everything that I know.

So she tried for the first attempt.

"W-What is this?" She stuttered as she focused on the game. "Why it's running so fast?! Where is it going?!" She got angry because of the game.

"Calm down, it's running beside the red character! Catch the ball! Catch it!" I pointed at the characters on the screen.

"This is crazy!" She sighed as the screen told us that she lost. "I give up!"

"You should practice more," I said and took the PSP from her.

"What?! This is a crazy game! Woah. How could a human's brain respond to that fast movement? I don't even get why should I catch the ball and I don't know where it is. It moved to fast! Are you a human? How could you do that and play this game for a long time?"

I chuckled and didn't bother to answer her questions. "Let me finish this game and you can talk to me later."

She really did what I said and waited for me to finish this round.

"I remember Young Mi...," I said slowly to her. "Jonghyun hyung asked me about her a lot."

"Really? Is he really curious about Young Mi or what?"

"I don't know. He has never asked me about girls. Only this time, he asked me about your friend. It's quite strange..."

She nodded her head. "Young Mi must be very happy to hear that."

"I'm happy too because today I'm free." 
"That's a different topic," Hae Jin laughed. "But I'm happy too because this is the first time you can sit beside me and talk comfortably like this. Well.., you rarely got this chance, right...?"

"We just finished our Japan Arena Tour so I don't think we still have a tight schedule as before. Maybe we'll prepare for the next comeback."

"Jinjja?! When will it be?!"

"Ah, I shouldn't have said that thing.. It's a secret."

"Oppa~" She gave me a puppy face, for the first time.

For the first time.

It's a so damn cute puppy face.

I closed my eyes with my hands naively. "Don't do that thing. I'm so weak."

"Aigoo," She laughed. "Arraseo, arraseo. I won't ask you about your comeback again. I'll patiently wait and look forward to it."

"You should," I smiled. "Where do you want to go today? Since I'm free..."

"Hmm....," She looked at me for a while. "I want you to do something for me. That punishmet...."

"Ah, that thing..." It knocked my head again.

She nodded her head. "I want you to do it today."

"Is it something bad?" I asked.

"Not for me..."

"Is it something that I hate?"

"I don't really know." She gave me a smirk.

"So what is it?"

"I want you to...," She paused.

"What?" I asked her impatiently.

"...buy me 3 foods that I really love."

"What?!"

"It's quite easy, right?"

"E-easy?" I stuttered.

"Yeah, of course." She looked at me, looked at my palmed face. "But I doubt you to know what meals that I can and can't even eat."

"I-I know of course."

"What are they?"

"Steak? Pizza? Spaghetti?"

"Oppa! Are they the foods that you like?"

"What? Don't you like it....too?"

"They're totally not my type."

"Fine. I don't know." I gave up in the end.

"Well, you may ask another person actually."

I think for a while, until someone just appeared right in my mind.

I grabbed my phone and called that person.

"Who do you call?" Hae Jin asked me.

"Guess it." I said to her. "Yeobose-"

Then suddenly I heard someone gretted me. That person cut my words with, "Ya, you little punk!"

Pfft. I could heard Hae Jin laughed crazily.

"Umma, I didn't even greet you properly and you've called me little punk." I sighed.

"When will you visit me?!"

"Later, okay. Later." I said and calmed her down. "I want to ask you, Umma. What's Hae Jin's most favorite food?"

"Favorite food?"

"Yeah. Your daughter-in-law's favorite food."

"I think everyone likes kimchi. Yeah. Kimchi fried rice."

"Umma," I smelled something suspicious. "You're not saying the food that you like, are you?"

"Of course no!" I could heard Hae Jin laughed again.

Maybe she'll think like mother like son.

"Do you know another food that she likes?"

"What else could it be? Something with kimchi, for sure. Bibimbap? I don't know. Aiggo. You're the one who should know this well instead of me."

I ignored her last sentence and said, "Okay, thank you umma! I'll hang up! Annyeong~"

 

and I ended the call.

"Try another person if you're still confused." Hae Jin said as she laughed secretly behind my back.

I pressed another number again.

"Yeoboseyo?" I could heard that person's voice.

"OH?" Hae Jin's eyes widened in shock. "How could you contact her?!"

"Yeoboseyo, Hae Ri-ya!"

"Oh. Minho-ya."

"Yah, tell me 3 foods that Hae Jin likes!"

"What?!"

"Come on, ppali!"

"Raw fish, ddeokbokki, ramyeon!"

"Jinjja?" I asked her again.

"Of course!"

"Arraseo, gomawo Hae Ri-ya." I said to her. "What are you doing? With Key?"

"Yes. We're eating and you're disturbing us with a ridiculous call." I heard Key's irritated voice.

"Oh, mian. I'll hang up! Annyeong~" then I ended the call.

I looked at Hae Jin with a confused face. 
"What are they? Some of them must be wrong, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

She just smiled at me.

"I love fish."

I smiled brightly and said thanks to her.

"Come on, I'll buy you so many raw fishes."

***

Hae Jin's POV

Minho Oppa brought me to a large supermarket and bought me all foods that he heard before. Kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, raw fish, ddeokbokki, and ramyeon.

"Tell me, have I done the punishment right?" He asked me.

"I'll tell you after I eat these one by one," I said as I took the ddeokbokki and ate it slowly.

"Ah, this is so delicious!" I said and fed him the ddeokbokki.

Well, I think we got closer.

"Hmm~ this is really delicious!" He agreed.

"But this is yummy too!" I said as I took a bite of the ramyeon.

After he ate the ramyeon, I ate raw fish and bibimbap.

"You know I like one of them, right?"

"It must be raw fish." He said it with full of confident. "But does it mean you don't like the other else? Bibimbap?"

"Hmm... I can't tell you now." I said as I kept eating the Kimchi fried rice this time.

"Maybe my mom told me you like Kimchi fried rice because she likes it too. She used to make a Kimchi fried rice for me when I was in middle school. It brings a good memory," He said and I just nodded my head.

We sat comfortably on his car and it felt like no one could disturb us and enjoy this moment as much as we did.

"I always said to my friend, I want to experience a street foods sometime. And now I'm really glad to have done what I want with you. Thank you." I said sincerely.

"I'm really glad too," He said. "But I'm also curious about that punishment. What if I lost?"

"If you lost, then you should wash the dishes for 1 month full," I said to him.

"But I still have to work. My schedules-"

"Don't worry, it'll be easy to contact Manager Oppa," I said with a smile on my face. "But the thing you should know is, I didn't give you any limits like you should do this punishment for maximum blablabla hours or else. It's up to you, actually. Don't be that pessimist." I swallowed the last food and looked at him. "Amongst those foods, I love 2 of them. You got 2 right and still have 1 more to go."

"What are they?"

"The ones I like? Raw fish and Kimchi fried rice."

"Aigoo, who should I call?" He murmured to himself. "Ah, may I borrow your phone?"

Even though I didn't know what he's gonna do, I ended up giving my phone to him.

Then I saw him calling someone.

"Y-Yeoboseyo, Young Mi-ssi," He greeted the person on the other side. "Young Mi-ssi, this is SHINee's Minho. Sorry to disturb you, but I'm gonna ask you something. What Hae Jin's top 3 favorite foods beside raw fish and Kimchi fried rice?"

"Eh?" She looked shocked.

"Just answer it, jebal." Minho begged her. 

"Her favorite foods? We often eat black noodles together."

"Black noodles?! Okay, gamsahamnida! Annyeong, sorry to disturb you, Hae Jin-ssi. Let's meet and talk properly next time. Annyeong!" He ended the call then rushed to the market again as he grabbed my hand and handed back my phone.

He ordered jajangmyeon, and bid a goodbye right after the order was ready and he paid it.

"Gamsahamnida, ahjumma!" He said and bowed his head.

"Aigoo, yes, yes, you're very welcome, Minho-ssi. I watch your drama everyday! It feels great to have an idol visited my shop! Please comeback next time, okay?" He just smiled and gave me the jajangmyeon.

"You've worked hard," I said to him after both of us ate the jajangmyeon.

Of course, I shared it with him. A bowl for two.

"And thank you. You got it right! Thank you, Oppa! Good job~" I patted his shoulder and he smiled.

"I want to thank you too for give me such memories and allowed me to know about you more. Without you and your punishment, I would never do what I did for you today. And I'm really happy because I got the chance to do that, with you and for you, Choi Hae Jin."